Kenrick Ellis and Quintin Coples look like monsters in the making.

SenorGato

Ya a quote b4 last nite

You mean the game where he had a pressure and a strip sack of Cam Newton? Rex can be pissed at him all year, as long as he produces.

For the record, Rex didn't say he was "mad at him" he said "I wasn't as happy this game as I was previously". Considering Rex called his first game "tremendous" and the stat line was five tackles, two tackles for a loss, a strip sack and a batted pass, the kid would be on the way to Hawaii if Rex were that happy all the time.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You mean the game where he had a pressure and a strip sack of Cam Newton? Rex can be pissed at him all year, as long as he produces.

For the record, Rex didn't say he was "mad at him" he said "I wasn't as happy this game as I was previously". Considering Rex called his first game "tremendous" and the stat line was five tackles, two tackles for a loss, a strip sack and a batted pass, the kid would be on the way to Hawaii if Rex were that happy all the time.

U mean the play where Newton slipped on his own lol

So far i SEE nothing special in Coples or Hill.

The only good thing about Coples is he isnt Vernon. Hill was very raw and his hands suk so far.

Then the problem is you probably don't know what you should be looking for. Coples is being lined up inside, abusing guards and in the backfield regularly. On plays when we blitz, but more importantly on plays where we don't. Which is by and large the reason he was drafted. To help collapse the pocket WITHOUT elaborate blitzes. He's done exactly that this preseason.

"I wasn’t as happy this game as I was previously," Ryan said. "I thought he kind of got winded a bit. He kind of had a 'woe is me' when we took out the starters. Hey look, you are still a rookie, you’ve got to play the whole game and then some."

Ryan added that he didn't like the way the Panthers ran the ball against the second-team defense. Coples also played with that unit.

Wow. A rookie playing the entire game got tired! Imagine that! The bit about the run D was added by the press. Rex didn't say anything about Coples specifically. I will bet you there is another "I love Quinton" quote from Rex or Pettine within 10 days.

Wow. A rookie playing the entire game got tired! Imagine that! The bit about the run D was added by the press. Rex didn't say anything about Coples specifically. I will bet you there is another "I love Quinton" quote from Rex or Pettine within 10 days.

The site is Blowin Coples to no end, he isnt Vernon, he aint close to JPP, and that is why they drafted him

Still early but the felatio on this guy is crazy

right now i dont see anything special with this guy. Rexey is mad at him for sure

So far i SEE nothing special in Coples or Hill.

The only good thing about Coples is he isnt Vernon.

The site is Blowin Coples to no end, he isnt Vernon, he aint close to JPP, and that is why they drafted him

Still early but the felatio on this guy is crazy

There is a lot of room between JPP and nothing special. In fact, Coples is probably doing at least as much as JPP did in his first camp. Of course that really doesn't mean anything. I understand thinking everybody is making too much of his play, but he sure doesn't look like a bad pick so far.

There is a lot of room between JPP and nothing special. In fact, Coples is probably doing at least as much as JPP did in his first camp. Of course that really doesn't mean anything. I understand thinking everybody is making too much of his play, but he sure doesn't look like a bad pick so far.

Most of his good plays have come vs scrubs

U dont see me blowing Upshaw when he got a sack vs 2nd stringers

Until they do it against the 1st string consistently, this is prob the after affect of Vernon, who suked vs all comp

I find it funny given how much the Jets **** up for real we have people who have such a difficult time grasping any time it looks like there might be something positive to say about this team. First we had to listen to the heaping load of horse sh*t that the Jets supposedly really planned to draft Bruce Irvin all along and only took Coples because those oh-so-clever Seahawks stole him away from them, and how awful the Jets were because of that. Now that it turns out Coples is looking good in preseason and Irvin hasn't done dick, there has to be some new approach for why the pick still apparently sucks.

There are plenty of things about this team (particularly on offense) to criticize. The DL is most certainly not amongst them.

Rex after personally working Coples out:

''It's funny and I forget who was with me, but I said, 'I think I just made this young man a lot of money,''' a smiling Ryan said. ''When we were going through the drills, he could catch the football, he could run. I mean, there's no saying he couldn't play outside linebacker because he was really athletic in those drills. I couldn't get him tired.''

Most of his good plays have come vs scrubs

U dont see me blowing Upshaw when he got a sack vs 2nd stringers

Until they do it against the 1st string consistently, this is prob the after affect of Vernon, who suked vs all comp

OOOOOOOOOH. So this is one of THOSE situations.

Coples has played very well against first stringers, which he hasn't played consistently because it's preseason and he's a rookie.

OOOOOOOOOH. So this is one of THOSE situations.

Coples has played very well against first stringers, which he hasn't played consistently because it's preseason and he's a rookie.

Sorry dont see it, spoke to a few people who were at games too, and he hasnt impressed them much either, He may end up being a good player, but the verbal felatio on him is out of hand

You are allowed to

right now i dont see anything special with this guy. Rexey is mad at him for sure

"I wasn’t as happy this game as I was previously," Ryan said. "I thought he kind of got winded a bit. He kind of had a 'woe is me' when we took out the starters. Hey look, you are still a rookie, you’ve got to play the whole game and then some."

Ryan added that he didn't like the way the Panthers ran the ball against the second-team defense. Coples also played with that unit.

what was Rexey's quote on Hunter again...?

Wait! We're not supposed to believe everything that comes out of the coaches mouth?

Wait! We're not supposed to believe everything that comes out of the coaches mouth?

Don't be stupid. Obviously every even slightly negative comment ever made is meant to be taken as pure gold, where anything positive is obviously completely meaningless. Come on, get it together, everyone knows that. Duh!

if Coples went to Alabama, and Upshaw went to UNC, Afo would be singing a different tune.

as a JETS fan I am extremely happy about this pick. the DL looks awesome right now.

Also U dont see me praising Upshaw here or on twitter

BTW DBrick may be the most overrated LT in the history of the NFL

U couldnt be any more wrong dude.

i dont have coples' preseason stats handy but he's been everywhere. Deflected passes, sacks, hurries, forced fumbles, the guy has been super productive in the 3 preseason games he's played so far. What's not to like?

i dont have coples' preseason stats handy but he's been everywhere. Deflected passes, sacks, hurries, forced fumbles, the guy has been super productive in the 3 preseason games he's played so far. What's not to like?

9 tackles, 3 sacks (2nd), 2 FFs (1st), 1 PD.

Now granted, it's preseason so stats need to be taken with a grain of salt, but I'm not sure what there's not to like about that.

9 tackles, 3 sacks, 2 forced fumbles. Guy hasn't done a thing.

9 tackles, 3 sacks (2nd), 2 FFs (1st), 1 PD.

Now granted, it's preseason so stats need to be taken with a grain of salt, but I'm not sure what there's not to like about that.

9 tackles, 3 sacks, 2 forced fumbles. Guy hasn't done a thing.

Not impressed. Rex said something and some other people said something about him and stuff.

Ellis and Coples have shown promise leyts wait till the regular season to pass judgement. What Im hoping for is the push in the 4th quarter when it counts. First quarter sacks and pressures are nice but 4th quarter sacks and pressures win games and thats what we have lacked. Im not sure how much of that you will get this year from Coples since he is just a rookie and a lot will come into play as he develops . I think Ellis is going to be very impressive this year one year into his pro career and a full camp under his belt.

Archived