This is mini-draft weekend, right? It needs a thread.

Light at the end of the tunnel? Follow instructions of voices telling you to walk towards the light.  Cross fingers hoping that it is not the same train that hit you before that is now coming at you in the opposite direction.

2020 Jets. Under the radar?

Grave scene IT - YouTube

0-16 or playoffs. And I am firm on that.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, EM31 said:

Light at the end of the tunnel? Follow instructions of voices telling you to walk towards the light.  Cross fingers hoping that it is not the same train that hit you before that is now coming at you in the opposite direction.

2020 Jets. Under the radar?

Grave scene IT - YouTube

0-16 or playoffs. And I am firm on that.

Sounds like the Amazing Criswell. I'm going back to that old avatar of mine when I get bored just to honor the bold inaccuracy of your prediction. For now I'm satisfied with the two screaming deformed mini gingerbread men I found on the road.

http://www.criswellpredicts.com/criswell-predicted.htm

Hmmm, he wasn't wrong about 'Television Education'. 

20 minutes ago, jetophile said:

Sounds like the Amazing Criswell. I'm going back to that old avatar of mine when I get bored just to honor the bold inaccuracy of your prediction. For now I'm satisfied with the two screaming deformed mini gingerbread men I found on the road.

You the one of the most pointedly obscure posters on this or any other Jets board and one of my all time favorite posters,  Whatever happened to that other place by the way?  i know that some of them have made it over here but the board itself seems to be gone now.

1 hour ago, sourceworx said:

I'd argue the years since this post have rivaled or surpassed his father's pain.

- Tim Tebow

- Firing Tanny but keeping Rex

- Idzik

- A Manish hit piece scaring them from hiring Doug Marrone 

- Todd Bowles

- Our starting QB getting his jaw broken at the hands of a teammate two weeks before the start of the 2015 season

- Mac

- Using a second round pick on Christian Hackenberg

- Mo Wilkerson getting a huge extension, only to morph from Richard Seymour to Jane Seymour.

- Fitzy holding us hostage

- Passing on two franchise QBs in favor of a safety who thinks he's Ed Reed, but needs to stand on a chair to kiss Ed Reed's ass.

- Signing Trumaine Johnson

- Selecting yet another DT instead of helping the QB we moved up to take with our previous pick.

- Letting Mac run a critical off-season, only to fire him weeks after the draft.

Damn I'm depressed right now.

thanks.

fan michigan GIF

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, EM31 said:

You the one of the most pointedly obscure posters on this or any other Jets board and one of my all time favorite posters,  Whatever happened to that other place by the way?  i know that some of them have made it over here but the board itself seems to be gone now.

Ha, thanks. How've you been? Yeah, that other place officially passed away on 7/31/20. : / The site owner had a ton of stuff going on in his life. A move, a new serious gf, working a ton, he just didn't have time for it anymore. It was certainly a blast while it lasted. A lot of good times in the past over there, Holy Cow. It had some real life crossover spillage. I met some great people and developed a couple of kickass friendships, including a buddy who I made fast and furious friends with who died (JetsFan58). I was proud to have known him, short-lived though it was. We used to talk on the phone all the time when he was dying. I was thinking of flying out to Ohio to see him but he died before I was able to get there.  I think you were around for that. 

So hey, I've been meaning to tell you for years that I know the difference between you and your brother's names (meaning which name belongs to which person) when I mentioned his past poker winnings in a PM. I start writing people or writing back, even extensively, and then it just dies on the vine. I'm famous for that; but I felt I had to fix that grievous moniker misstep 12 years later. I hope all is well with you! Cheers!

giphy.gif

13 minutes ago, jetophile said:

Ha, thanks. How've you been? Yeah, that other place officially passed away on 7/31/20. : / The site owner had a ton of stuff going on in his life. A move, a new serious gf, working a ton, he just didn't have time for it anymore. It was certainly a blast while it lasted. A lot of good times in the past over there, Holy Cow. It had some real life crossover spillage. I met some great people and developed a couple of kickass friendships, including a buddy who I made fast and furious friends with who died (JetsFan58). I was proud to have known him, short-lived though it was. We used to talk on the phone all the time when he was dying. I was thinking of flying out to Ohio to see him but he died before I was able to get there. I think you were around for that. 

So hey, I've been meaning to tell you for years that I know the difference between you and your brother's names (meaning which name belongs to which person) when I mentioned his past poker winnings in a PM. I start writing people or writing back, even extensively, and then it just dies on the vine. I'm famous for that; but I felt I had to fix that grievous moniker misstep 12 years later. I hope all is well with you! Cheers!

giphy.gif

I think I saw Henry (HMHertz) here once.  Max should relax the language rules just for him in order to permit him to post freely.  A real nut job character.

1 hour ago, EM31 said:

I think I saw Henry (HMHertz) here once.  Max should relax the language rules just for him in order to permit him to post freely.  A real nut job character.

It was definitely a pottymouth special over there, lol. Henry pops in once in a blue, but yes, he can't really be himself so that's why he's rarely says anything is a valid guess. 

Henry is a trial (in a good way).We speak on the phone fairly often. He's a very interesting person and is actually hyper-intelligent. I'm pretty sure you were on the board back then, but he had a series of major strokes years ago and he has absolutely no impulse control whatsoever. Having been in a coma with subsequent fun stuff to follow (the medical community failed me horribly), I understand it more and probably have more patience for it than the next person. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jetophile said:

It was definitely a pottymouth special over there, lol. Henry pops in once in a blue, but yes, he can't really be himself so that's why he's rarely says anything is a valid guess. 

Henry is a trial (in a good way).We speak on the phone fairly often. He's a very interesting person and is actually hyper-intelligent. I'm pretty sure you were on the board back then, but he had a series of major strokes years ago and he has absolutely no impulse control whatsoever. Having been in a coma with subsequent fun stuff to follow (the medical community failed me horribly), I understand it more and probably have more patience for it than the next person. 

I sent Henry a get well card once and it got sent back to me with “Return to sender” written on it. lol I was so offended.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I sent Henry a get well card once and it got sent back to me with “Return to sender” written on it. lol I was so offended.

Hahaha, GTFO, Holy Hell, I'm dying here, that's hilarious. I sent one, too; but mine got returned because the address I had through Ramble was a little wonky. I never straightened that out after all of these years. 

After Henry had one of his strokes he was  hospitalized (obviously) in NJ somewhere (NOT Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital). So he was bored sh*tless and he posted, "My brain is in a sling. Call me, you bastards", and he posted his hospital room phone number.

Now Henry had a blind, unmitigated hatred for Mike Nugent. The Jets were playing the Texans at Home (11/26/06) at The Old Dump (so much better than The New Dump), and Mike Nugent was having a banner day. 4/4 on FGs, and when he hit a 54-yarder, I said, "OK, that's it, I'll fix his little red wagon", and I called him from Giants Stadium right after he made it.

"Is this Henry?" "Who's this (heavy slurring)?" "Jetophile! How 'bout that Mike Nugent?" "He still stinks!" And that was the day that I pranked a stroke victim. I'm sure that was around the same time that you mailed him your card. "Return to Sender", that is way too funny, Shane.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2020 at 8:07 AM, jetophile said:

51K+XLcmzSL._SY445_QL70_.jpg

On 9/4/2020 at 7:19 AM, sourceworx said:

I'd argue the years since this post have rivaled or surpassed his father's pain.

- Tim Tebow

- Firing Tanny but keeping Rex

- Idzik

- A Manish hit piece scaring them from hiring Doug Marrone 

- Todd Bowles

- Our starting QB getting his jaw broken at the hands of a teammate two weeks before the start of the 2015 season

- Mac

- Using a second round pick on Christian Hackenberg

- Mo Wilkerson getting a huge extension, only to morph from Richard Seymour to Jane Seymour.

- Fitzy holding us hostage

- Passing on two franchise QBs in favor of a safety who thinks he's Ed Reed, but needs to stand on a chair to kiss Ed Reed's ass.

- Signing Trumaine Johnson

- Selecting yet another DT instead of helping the QB we moved up to take with our previous pick.

- Letting Mac run a critical off-season, only to fire him weeks after the draft.

Damn I'm depressed right now.

NECRO

DONT RAISE THE DEAD

WE ARE FANS IN PAIN

ITS WEEK 1

we can’t help ourselves