WildCat a Dud!

Jets62

Proof you have no idea what you are talking about...Mark Sanchez scored after every wildcat play.

Oh **** yeah on the second to last drive of the half....on a 3rd and 9 Sanchez hits another strike to Cumberland for a 10 yard first down. Followed by a 1 yard run, followed by wildcat for 2, and then Sanchez overthrows a wide open Kerely for an easy first down and they settle for a field goal.

APOLOGIZE. DO IT. DO IT!

I think they held back on the complexity of it because of the scoreboard. No point in putting something on tape when you don't have to.

I agree with this. I think we still only saw the surface of what they are planning . That thought excites me.

For all the hype for 3 months, Tebow& the WildCat were awful. Whats that saying?If it aint broke! Sanchez much to my surprise looked great. Every time he was getting into a nice rythym,Tebow would come in and do nothing but break the momentum that Sanchez started. I'm not getting down on Tebow,,this was a great day to be a Jet fan.But theres a time & place for everything,and that was ill-timed by Sparano,he should be able to feel the flow of the game. God forbid Sanchez drives them 95yrds. one game,Tebow comes in and throws an interception! Thats all I'm saying.

They basically from a complex XsOs point of view shut it down at 21-0. Come on, you realized that didnt you?

I don't think the substitutions affected Mark at all because that's the way they practiced, once the practices became private. But it definitely affected the Bills...it threw them off balance.

I agree with a few of the posters that we didn't see much of the Wildcat yesterday, because we didn't need to. I think what we did see of it is only one flavor of it. That was probably by design. But, I did notice that 2 of the TDs came after wildcat formations. There will be games where "our version" of the Tebowcat will be effective.

I'm not sure what the real difference is.

agreed, people are making these distinctions between wildcat and spread option it's not the same but really it's close. The difference is maybe more shotgun and the threat of a pass? Tebow's more Urban influenced than the ronnie brown version and that's probably a good thing.

as for the topic at hand I thought the Biblecat did fine. He got 4 yards in situations where Greene would get 2. Just having him on the field makes everyone in the stadium freak out (including the other team). I'm still not seeing a downside to this situation.

it should be noted that Brad Smith didn't play, mostly cause he was injured. I don't expect Tebow to be a Jet for life, these wildcat players take a punishment like running backs.

agreed, people are making these distinctions between wildcat and spread option it's not the same but really it's close. The difference is maybe more shotgun and the threat of a pass? Tebow's more Urban influenced than the ronnie brown version and that's probably a good thing.

as for the topic at hand I thought the Biblecat did fine. He got 4 yards in situations where Greene would get 2. Just having him on the field makes everyone in the stadium freak out (including the other team). I'm still not seeing a downside to this situation.

it should be noted that Brad Smith didn't play, mostly cause he was injured. I don't expect Tebow to be a Jet for life, these wildcat players take a punishment like running backs.

Game plans always change week to week depending on the strengths and weaknesses of an opponent. There will be games when Tebow matchup-wise can have nore successs and will be in the game more. Yesterday was a blowout and most everything on offense was working; there was no need to start digging deep into the playbook. WHy give anyone tape of wildcat stuff? Did seem Ryan wanted Tebow to have a shot at scoring late, but so what; the outcome wasn't in doubt. There will be days that isn't the case, and we figure to see more of Tebow when that happens. Might recall Tebow matched up rather well vs. Pittsburgh last January. We shall see.

Game plans always change week to week depending on the strengths and weaknesses of an opponent. There will be games when Tebow matchup-wise can have nore successs and will be in the game more. Yesterday was a blowout and most everything on offense was working; there was no need to start digging deep into the playbook. WHy give anyone tape of wildcat stuff? Did seem Ryan wanted Tebow to have a shot at scoring late, but so what; the outcome wasn't in doubt. There will be days that isn't the case, and we figure to see more of Tebow when that happens. Might recall Tebow matched up rather well vs. Pittsburgh last January. We shall see.

This!

Archived