WildCat a Dud!

Jets62

For all the hype for 3 months, Tebow& the WildCat were awful. Whats that saying?If it aint broke! Sanchez much to my surprise looked great. Every time he was getting into a nice rythym,Tebow would come in and do nothing but break the momentum that Sanchez started. I'm not getting down on Tebow,,this was a great day to be a Jet fan.But theres a time & place for everything,and that was ill-timed by Sparano,he should be able to feel the flow of the game. God forbid Sanchez drives them 95yrds. one game,Tebow comes in and throws an interception! Thats all I'm saying.

Eh....I am not at all a fan of Tebow at QB but I think we actually still saw very little of what they will be using him for this season. The fact that they lined him up at TE in the first play was surprising and shows maybe a little more of what they can do with this guy. I like how they were only bringing him in for 1 play at a time though and don't have much issue with it. I think the whole "breaking the rhythm" thing is over-rated. Sanchez was fine and whats the difference between that and Sanchez handing the ball to Green? Just keeps Defense on their toes.

That being said, Sanchez looked great today! Lets hope he can keep that up and this team will be in good shape!

If Tebow's job was to light a fire under Sanchez, it worked.

Didn't understand leaving Tebow in there when they got the delay of game penalty that pushed them back from the 2 to the 7. Overall, yeah, it was not effective at all. To Sanchez' credit, he didn't allow it to break his rhythm, though.

If Tebow's job was to light a fire under Sanchez, it worked.

Didn't understand leaving Tebow in there when they got the delay of game penalty that pushed them back from the 2 to the 7. Overall, yeah, it was not effective at all. To Sanchez' credit, he didn't allow it to break his rhythm, though.

Do you see it as becoming an issue if they use him in this way? I really don't. Sparano seemed to have a good understanding when to use it and when not to. Now if they were taking Sanchez out for 3 snaps in a row....thats an issue! I think, like us, they know Tebow can not throw so that wont happen.

Meh, I didn't have a problem with it. Didn't seem to affect Sanchez negatively at all, and even if it didn't work today, it doesn't mean we don't have tricks up our sleeve down the road.

Completely agree man! Theres no doubt they have a lot more up their sleeve with Tebow. He can line up anywhere and we will see him all over.

Completely agree man! Theres no doubt they have a lot more up their sleeve with Tebow. He can line up anywhere and we will see him all over.

Yep. He didn't throw a single time out of it either. I take it as a great thing that we won primarily via the success of a straight up, standard offense. Many believed the ONLY way we'd have success this year was through trickery.

As we've seen in the NFL, that only can get you so far.

Yep. He didn't throw a single time out of it either. I take it as a great thing that we won primarily via the success of a straight up, standard offense. Many believed the ONLY way we'd have success this year was through trickery.

As we've seen in the NFL, that only can get you so far.

Definitely man! Nothing but good things come out of todays game, assuming Revis is okay. I loved that the first play of the game they had Tebow at TE haha I like Sparano's playcalling so far, lets hope he keeps it up!

Do you see it as becoming an issue if they use him in this way? I really don't. Sparano seemed to have a good understanding when to use it and when not to. Now if they were taking Sanchez out for 3 snaps in a row....thats an issue! I think, like us, they know Tebow can not throw so that wont happen.

Putting Tebow in at TE on the first play of the game was smart - even though that play netted nothing, either. At least they made Buffalo think.

Otherwise, the wildcat was completely useless. Sanchez was really playing too well to pull him at all. Luckily, he was able to overcome Tebow's wasted downs. I didn't feel that Sparano had any feel at all for going to the wildcat. Every attempt felt forced. If they plan to stick with it, they need to do something different and better with it.

Putting Tebow in at TE on the first play of the game was smart - even though that play netted nothing, either. At least they made Buffalo think.

Otherwise, the wildcat was completely useless. Sanchez was really playing too well to pull him at all. Luckily, he was able to overcome Tebow's wasted downs. I didn't feel that Sparano had any feel at all for going to the wildcat. Every attempt felt forced. If they plan to stick with it, they need to do something different and better with it.

Only thing I meant about having a understanding of when to go to it was that it was at times that wouldnt throw Sanchez out of rhythm. Sanchez looked really confident today and really looked like hes matured. Lets hope he keeps it up and Tebow can just be used in times of need or key situations like goal line situations.

The WildCat will only be effective if the JETS score a few passing throws out of it.

For the most part while it did not add much and it did not disrupt offense until the team got into the red zone. There the wild cat did seem to have some negative impact. The throw to Kerley from Sanchez in the Red Zone where everyone but the refs thought he did not get to the marker was one such throw where the QB was slightly out of rhythm. There was a delay of game penalty. The JETS will be advised to take it out of RED ZONE play,

I hope in the future that they hold off on running any wildcat plays unless Sanchez needs a physical or psycholgical breather. And then, have Tebow in for a series. This one play at a time nonsense, everyone knew he was in there to run the football, and he's just not as much of a weapon when everyone knows what he's going to do. I'd rather have Kerley go in at QB for one play than Tebow.

To Sparano's credit, he stopped calling the Tebocat once Sanchez got on a roll. Tebow only showed up again late in the 4th.

The main concern shouldn't be the rythm issue, IMO, it should be a CB taking a cheap shot at Sanchez' legs if he's on the field during the WC.

For all the hype for 3 months, Tebow& the WildCat were awful. Whats that saying?If it aint broke! Sanchez much to my surprise looked great. Every time he was getting into a nice rythym,Tebow would come in and do nothing but break the momentum that Sanchez started. I'm not getting down on Tebow,,this was a great day to be a Jet fan.But theres a time & place for everything,and that was ill-timed by Sparano,he should be able to feel the flow of the game. God forbid Sanchez drives them 95yrds. one game,Tebow comes in and throws an interception! Thats all I'm saying.

Wildcat did exactly what it was supposed to do. It gave the defense a different look, and got our second best running back on the field to run the ball as needed. Not sure of the numbers but it looked like we averaged 3-5 yards per carry out of that formation, which imo is pretty good. About what I expected.

Wildcat did exactly what it was supposed to do. It gave the defense a different look, and got our second best running back on the field to run the ball as needed. Not sure of the numbers but it looked like we averaged 3-5 yards per carry out of that formation, which imo is pretty good. About what I expected.

Yep. I agree.

It wasn't completely terrible. It wasn't very effective, but none of the running game was tbh. They got 3-4 yards on most of the plays. They never used it on 3rd down, and only on 2nd and 6 once. I kind of like that strategy. Maybe if they get it going later in the season it can be used in more important situations, but for now just try to mix things up and not let it put Sanchez in a hole for 3rd downs.

I thought the T-bone package did what Rex wanted...forced the opponent to prepare for it...but in reality it had little impact on the game...on the positive I liked how Sanchez played...as Boomer stated in the pregame...his non-verbals show a man angry or even annoyed he has to come out for that...still...have to somewhat discount a division game...never sure what we're gonna get there...Pittsburgh and later on San Fran should tell us exactly where we stand with the offense.

5 carries, 11 yards.

By the end of the year...I have a feeling Bilal Powell may offer another opinion.

5 carries, 11 yards.

Meh. Not gawdy by any means, but like I said a different look for their D. Didn't seem to have any negative impact on Sanchez. Plus it gave the "momentum" whiners some fodder.

By the end of the year...I have a feeling Bilal Powell may offer another opinion.

Yeah, I hope so. By the end of the year ... I have a feeling Tebow will do more out of that formation for us as well. This was the best whole team effort I've ever seen from the Jets. Tebow's part of the whole.

Youre making this determination after 1 game??? im willing to be bet when Tebow punches one through the end zone with the wildcat you will be licking his holy shaft...

I think it broke the momentum (Mark's) a few times in the game but it also seemed to keep the Bills defense in flux a bit. Hard to tell so far but no reason to complain after a complete domination like today.

Proof you have no idea what you are talking about...Mark Sanchez scored after every wildcat play.

Proof you have no idea what you are talking about...Mark Sanchez scored after every wildcat play.

good call actually that the two first half TD throws came after a wildcat. Although the second one was after a long time out Kudos.

So anyway I was talking about on the first TD drive Sanchez threw 21 yard strike to Kerley then *Wildcat for 3 yards* then Sanchez overthrows a wide open Holmes. Happened another time too where he made a big throw, followed by wildcat, follows by a bad throw.

Seemed to kill a bit of momentum. If you read the thread I haven't been down on the wildcat but was making an observation. But interesting that first 2 TD throws came right after wc.

You are the bestest Jets fan ever. Good call Cobra!

Youre making this determination after 1 game??? im willing to be bet when Tebow punches one through the end zone with the wildcat you will be licking his holy shaft...

Yes I'am,they only played one game Einstein&please keep your sick fantasies to your pathetic self!

Oh yeah in the 2nd qt, 20 yard pass/screen to Holmes, followed by a 5 yard run, followed by 3 yard wildcat....followed by...a TO because they couldn't get the play in time...

Apologize and I'll probably high five you.

Archived