Holmes: Jets putting the league on notice.

Villain The Foe

There's a gif of it floating around where they loop it over several times in slo mo, (posting from my phone, can't link it), it really just looks like both hit the ground at the same time and even if there's a slight difference it's way too minuscule to tell. Certainly not enough to overturn the call.

Yeah. I'd kill Holmes if he didn't try to get the right foot down, but that's not the case. He tried to and as the replays and the gif showed, he almost did. It was the right call because the hand plants right before the toe tap. Just a matter of bad timing.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure looks like you guys were giving him sh*t. You even complimented Sanchez on the throw, which was late and a bit high. lmfao.

I get butt hurt by stupidity, which you displayed on your assessment of the play.

<3 u

I can see an argument for the pass being a little late, but given the timing, the placement was perfect. That ball was going to be Holmes or nobody and you and I both know, there are a whole lot of QBs, Sanchez certainly included, who could have easily sailed that ball straight into the defenders. Just for your sake, I actually reread what I wrote and it only confirms my point, that you get butthurt for someone not praising Holmes even when he doesn't make the catch. I didn't make a big deal about it or say Holmes made a horrible play, I simply said if his hand didn't go down, that's a TD. That's a fact, so I don't know what you want me to tell you. If he pulled it off, it would have been a great play out of Holmes, I'm not disputing that for a second, but that's actually the whole point, pointing out how close it was to being a great play from both of them.

Eh. I really didn't see many "legit concerns" in the way we played that game. The only reason any concerns are legit is to the extent we already had them and they weren't completely washed away. IMO that game was tremendous. It doesn't mean every game will be like that or that all our problems are solved, but complaining about the D line or Greene based on that performance is just searching for something to be negative about. I'm sure we'll have plenty to complain about after the Steelers.

And until that time, how dare people make football observations on a football message board.

And until that time, how dare people make football observations on a football message board.

Actually, I am happy to have the conversation. My point is that I have have been advised that this team has to be perfect to win the super bowl. How many facets of a team are there? This board has insulted at least: Greene, Holmes, the D Line, the wildcat/Tebow, the LBs, Sanchez (if only for the one horrific throw, the one we supposedly have no chance of overcoming in the playoffs), the fans and Keller. I guess they can win without being perfect. The real question is how good are the Bills? If they suck we have proven very little. If they are that 11-5 or better team the media was preaching about, maybe we have something here. We might not find that out for a few weeks.

Getting both feet down and in bounds is a practiced routine. I've seen plenty of guys wrap the ball and take the bounce.

I highly doubt that he practices making that type of an adjustment on a ball and then getting both feet in bounds, probably more instinct than anything else...it was almost an incredible play, I'll just leave it at that.

I can see an argument for the pass being a little late, but given the timing, the placement was perfect. That ball was going to be Holmes or nobody and you and I both know, there are a whole lot of QBs, Sanchez certainly included, who could have easily sailed that ball straight into the defenders. Just for your sake, I actually reread what I wrote and it only confirms my point, that you get butthurt for someone not praising Holmes even when he doesn't make the catch. I didn't make a big deal about it or say Holmes made a horrible play, I simply said if his hand didn't go down, that's a TD. That's a fact, so I don't know what you want me to tell you. If he pulled it off, it would have been a great play out of Holmes, I'm not disputing that for a second, but that's actually the whole point, pointing out how close it was to being a great play from both of them.

Since people jumped all over it, it seemed as if you guys were knocking him for not making what would have been a pretty unbelievable catch. It could have been anyone on the team and I'd have defended them, you're the one making this into a Holmes thingy...not me.

As for the throw, you'll get no argument out of me, that ball was perfectly placed. No doubt. He put it right where it had to be but that was because he was little late on the throw which made it a very difficult catch.

I highly doubt that he practices making that type of an adjustment on a ball and then getting both feet in bounds, probably more instinct than anything else...it was almost an incredible play, I'll just leave it at that.

Since people jumped all over it, it seemed as if you guys were knocking him for not making what would have been a pretty unbelievable catch. It could have been anyone on the team and I'd have defended them, you're the one making this into a Holmes thingy...not me.

As for the throw, you'll get no argument out of me, that ball was perfectly placed. No doubt. He put it right where it had to be but that was because he was little late on the throw which made it a very difficult catch.

My intent was more to point out how close it was to being a TD rather than actually criticizing anyone, that's all I'm saying. The reason I was specifically singling out Sanchez on that play was because that's exactly the kind of throw that would scare the crap out of me coming from him in years past.

My intent was more to point out how close it was to being a TD rather than actually criticizing anyone, that's all I'm saying. The reason I was specifically singling out Sanchez on that play was because that's exactly the kind of throw that would scare the crap out of me coming from him in years past.

Gotcha. It seemed like in the complimenting of the throw there was a hint that people actually think that was some type of routine catch for Holmes and one that he should have easily made...that's why I decided to weigh in. The ball was perfectly placed but out of necessity for being late and even if with it being perfectly placed, it was still an incredibly difficult catch for any WR to make.

Thats it. Thats all.

Nothing to do with knocking Sanchez or defending Holmes. It could have been McElroy to White for all I care, I would have reacted the same.

Bart may want to work on his tackling rather than worrying about the media.

He looked like an ass on more than one occasion.

On Spillers long TD run, he went for the strip instead of the tackle, and he was the last real chance for a tackle there.

Dittos.

"With the Jets putting up more points than any other team in the league in week 1 maybe the rest of the league should take notice.""

I noticed.

My goodness, being critical of that play is a little bit too much, no? The adjustment he made to even get his hands on it and have it that close of a play to being a catch was unreal. I mean, if it was called a TD on the field, which it could have been, they wouldnt have overturned it. It was that close.

I would have gotten my foot down.

I think it was an incredible adjustment that he almost pulled off and its a little ridiculous to be giving the guy sh*t for putting his arm to down to break his fall. What if he didnt and landed awkward and broke his collar bone or separated his shoulder?

And I'm not making excuses for him, just defending what would have been one of the best catches on the year if his foot fell a half second sooner than his arm.

And FWIW, 90% of the WR's in the league dont even secure the ball let alone come down in bounds too.

Welker had to make a similar adjustment in the SB...and it wasnt a side line catch in the endzone and we know how that ended...

I wasnt being critical of Holmes. I think you approached me that way because you read my comment and others who were "actually" critical of him. It was an amazing play, and truth be told, I think that he put his arm down because he was protecting those ribs that was injured just a few weeks ago.

You give Holmes that same situation 10 times, he'll make it 7 times. It wasnt meant to be critical it was simply saying that I look at Sanchez performace as a 4TD's and not 3 TD performance.

I would have gotten my foot down.

I wasnt being critical of Holmes. I think you approached me that way because you read my comment and others who were "actually" critical of him. It was an amazing play, and truth be told, I think that he put his arm down because he was protecting those ribs that was injured just a few weeks ago.

You give Holmes that same situation 10 times, he'll make it 7 times. It wasnt meant to be critical it was simply saying that I look at Sanchez performace as a 4TD's and not 3 TD performance.

Gotcha. I took those comments the wrong way. Its all good. Both players had nice days and almost hooked up on what would have been a pretty spectacular play.

visajif

You are worthless

Archived