****Official Jets/Texans Game Thread****

Thor99

players at least played hard, the McNight Kick return made it closer than it should have been, Schaub was awful too

The Texans averaged 6+ per carry. It's nice that Cro won the Andre Johnson matchup, and it's cool that Rex adjusted to cover the tight ends, but getting run on like that us disturbing for a team with so much invested in the front seven.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Colts just upset the Packers. They're not going to be a pushover...although if the Jets can play as hard as they did tonight, they might pull it off.

Im not saying they are a push over, that could be a battle too. Just saying this season isnt over yet but there are many here who believe it is.

The Texans averaged 6+ per carry. It's nice that Cro won the Andre Johnson matchup, and it's cool that Rex adjusted to cover the tight ends, but getting run on like that us disturbing for a team with so much invested in the front seven.

myes myes and myes. But can you really say the defense lost us the game? If anything they kept us in it

I didnt say they played well LOL, hard though,,"left everything on field " Dick Kotite

Im not saying they are a push over, that could be a battle too. Just saying this season isnt over yet but there are many here who believe it is.

Fair. Considering the Jets were supposed to be crushed tonight and only lost by 6, and I've had them at 2-3 at this point since the schedule came out...we'll see how things go.

Ya know what? **** it. I hope they do get rid of him. I bet he succeeds wherever he goes because he will be on a team that actually gives a sh*t about the offense.

Just like Steve Young said before the game, if they told Sanchez he was going to be traded he would no doubt be thinking "Thank God!"

Looks like the verdict is fully in on him here though, which sucks because this season is not over yet and they played hard tonight. 2-3 with Colts coming up.

Its clear that many have thrown in the towel but I refuse to do it yet.

Sorry, but you are dead from the neck up.

With Matt Hasselbeck, or a QB of similar ilk, we win this game. How *ucking sad is that? Everything is on Sanchez' head.

Thats just a limited view. Yes Sanchez sucks, but Greene is still a 2.5 ypc runner, the WRs are bums, and they cant stop the run on D.

We saw what a Hasselbeck type QB does with a team like that. That was the 1-7 Chad in 2007. The Jets would only be successful with an elite QB with this squad like this. Without one pining for a Hasselbeck type is silly IMO.

I refuse to believe that after watching sanchez for the past few years and especially the past few games any rational person cant see he is the main problem of the jets.

I refuse to believe that anyone who watches this team as much as you all do and watches football as much as many of you do that any rational person can't see all the things working against this QB. Is he great? No But with the sh*t he's working with he wasn't bad tonight.

This will fall on deaf ears anyway. I have my opinion and you have yours and thats cool.

I refuse to believe that anyone who watches this team as much as you all do and watches football as much as many of you do that any rational person can't see all the things working against this QB. Is he great? No But with the sh*t he's working with he wasn't bad tonight.

This will fall on deaf ears anyway. I have my opinion and you have yours and thats cool.

Yes i can admit there are other problems on this team but he isnt the biggest problem????????? There is a reason teams draft a qb number one and turn there franchise around. What we draft a awesome reciever with a top 5 pick and our team rocks now? please

I might reverse that. As sh*tty as Sanchez is, yanking him randomly for Tebow is absolutely killing the team. Rex and Sparano are handling the Tebow situation as badly as it could conceivably be handled--worse than even starting him outright.

Sure, and the Sparano hire is sure looking like the disaster that every thinking fan predicted last winter. That said, all the dumb sh*t Sanchez did tonight--the misread defenses, the off-target passes, the gift-wrapped picks to defensive linemen--is the exact same dumb sh*t he's been doing since the day he got here. Poor coaching, Tebow, whatever. The guy just can't hack it in the league, period.

Thats just a limited view. Yes Sanchez sucks, but Greene is still a 2.5 ypc runner, the WRs are bums, and they cant stop the run on D.

We saw what a Hasselbeck type QB does with a team like that. That was the 1-7 Chad in 2007. The Jets would only be successful with an elite QB with this squad like this. Without one pining for a Hasselbeck type is silly IMO.

Disagree. Not that this team is not filled with a plethora of problems, but tonight we came within a few hairs of winning the game. Pivotal points are on Sanchez. Having an average, non-*uck-up QB would have been the difference. Period.

No, the defense was the better unit, and Schaub being a girl helped, but 6 ypc is 6 ypc.

room for improvement nothing is perfect. We cant score points.... none and we cant even sustain a long drive i cant see how the D wasnt completely gassed tonight after being on the field most of the night.

Yes i can admit there are other problems on this team but he isnt the biggest problem????????? There is a reason teams draft a qb number one and turn there franchise around. What we draft a awesome reciever with a top 5 pick and our team rocks now? please

haha whatever man. If we had even one receiver on our team that was in the top 15 in the league, this team would be different. Instead we have backups and 3rd stringers....and Kerley (who I do think is decent).

room for improvement nothing is perfect. We cant score points.... none and we cant even sustain a long drive i cant see how the D wasnt completely gassed tonight after being on the field most of the night.

What exactly is your solution to the problem here man? Lemme guess? You want Tebow in.

haha whatever man. If we had even one receiver on our team that was in the top 15 in the league, this team would be different. Instead we have backups and 3rd stringers....and Kerley (who I do think is decent).

i just want to know what that wide reciever would do? Get open on deep plays (cromartie)? Get open on slants (kerley and holmes)? Sanchez misses them, unless one those WR's are 10 feet tall i bet he still misses.

to your other quote. Yes or mcelroy? Whats your solution replace every single player except sanchez with pro bowlers?

Sure, and the Sparano hire is sure looking like the disaster that every thinking fan predicted last winter. That said, all the dumb sh*t Sanchez did tonight--the misread defenses, the off-target passes, the gift-wrapped picks to defensive linemen--is the exact same dumb sh*t he's been doing since the day he got here. Poor coaching, Tebow, whatever. The guy just can't hack it in the league, period.

To clarify, Sanchez is horrible. This is indisputable.

But, in addition, the application of Tebow couldn't be more ill-conceived. Not only the timing of his usage, but also the plays they call for him. The freeze option? During a huge possession late in the game?

To clarify, Sanchez is horrible. This is indisputable.

But, in addition, the application of Tebow couldn't be more ill-conceived. Not only the timing of his usage, but also the plays they call for him. The freeze option? During a huge possession late in the game?

did you like his great pass and good ten yard run though?

Archived