question

kay_gee

Why would anyone try to make excuses for this throw? Sanchez was late and bounced it off the atmosphere. Hill was wide open and Mark was slow with the read. He missed a ton of other reads throughout the game.

I wanted to watch the play again but didn't record the game. Sorry for asking.

Working really, really hard to feel better about being stuck with Sanchez, I see. Profitable enterprise, for sure.

well, we are stuck with him. but I'm concerned that Hill is finishing his route and standing still. I dunno, I feel like he's standing still a lot. maybe it's his injury or just the point where the camera is showing up on him or something. or I could be imagining it.

well, we are stuck with him. but I'm concerned that Hill is finishing his route and standing still. I dunno, I feel like he's standing still a lot. maybe it's his injury or just the point where the camera is showing up on him or something. or I could be imagining it.

In addition to being late, that ball was about 12 yards short. The throw was miserable.

It sounds good in theory but, in practice, it's physically impossible for a 215 lb man, running forward, to unexpectedly stop and reverse field without tearing every ligament in his lower body.

It sounds good in theory but, in practice, it's physically impossible for a 215 lb man, running forward, to unexpectedly stop and reverse field without tearing every ligament in his lower body.

I get what you're saying. I dunno, maybe it was just what I was seeing. He did actually make the catches most of the game, at least.

Another play that I forgot about... there was a play deep in Pats territory (around the 25-ish) where Sanchez ended up moving right.

Reuland (87) was standing around the 12 yard line, wide open in the middle of the field. There was no one within 10 yards of him. He was yelling and waving his arm as much as humanly possible. Sanchez threw it away.

BTW I'm sure my details are off somewhat, but the point remains: deep in Pats territory, Reuland was wide open and Sanchez just didn't see him.

In addition to being late, that ball was about 12 yards short. The throw was miserable.

I don't think so. I think the lateness is the only problem there, the ball was on target, just very late. If I recall, they were in zones and there was a spot right between the zones where the ball should have been placed.

That doesn't mean the throw was any less awful, I just think the lateness accounts for 100% of the awfulness, not 50%.

On the Sanchez INT that was intended for Hill, should Hill have come back to the ball there? Forget how Sanchez sucks and underthrows it, it happened. Could Hill have come back to the ball to make the play?

Good point....there have been WRs that have and will do that...those WRs are very very good. Hill is a rookie and looks lost out there...should he have come back for the ball....Yes, could he have..No not right now...maybe one day he will

That isn't true in this case. Hill was standing there waiting for the ball. He actually starts to come back towards it, then hesitates, maybe thinking it will get over. Watch the replays. That thing was super late, 100% on Sanchez. I don't think there is anything he could have done about it, but he sure wasn't running foward when that ball was getting there.

Archived