Official 2012-2013 New York Knicks Thread

RutgersJetFan

Good win, but jeesh. Woodson is trying to kill Melo. First game of a back-to-back and only the 2nd game he's played after an injury absence and he plays 43 minutes.

Melo was never hurt anyway. He's just fine.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Melo was never hurt anyway. He's just fine.

Remember when he insisted that Amar'e be put on a minutes limit just because he was afraid of him stealing his shine and Amar'e was totally fine and definitely didn't have debilitating knee problems?  

Remember when he insisted that Amar'e be put on a minutes limit just because he was afraid of him stealing his shine and Amar'e was totally fine and definitely didn't have debilitating knee problems?  

Amare's knee debridement story is just a ruse. Melo told Grunwald that he didnt want Amare out there playing so well.

inside joke ?

Not really.  Matt was convinced that Amar'e's (I love typing that) minutes limit was related to Melo not wanting to share the ball instead of being because his knees are completely shot.  He also didn't think that Melo's knee injury was real.  Little joke. 

Not really. Matt was convinced that Amar'e's (I love typing that) minutes limit was related to Melo not wanting to share the ball instead of being because his knees are completely shot. He also didn't think that Melo's knee injury was real. Little joke.

Down the stretch of games was what I was referring to. And Melo didn't get his knee drained because of the Dnver game. Wins over the Magic and Raptors really has you guys excited again. God stuff.

Melos taken 50 shots over the past two games lol.

Actually, I'm a little excited about the fact that the Knicks had a rought stretch but are still 1st in the Atlantic and 2nd in the East despite the team playing without their 3 best players for most of the month.  No other playoff team has dealt with that.

Of course, Matt, you're too much of a hater to appreciate that.

It'll be good to have you dissapear from this thread if the winning streak continues.  We'll anxiously await your presence the next time they lose a game.

Actually, I'm a little excited about the fact that the Knicks had a rought stretch but are still 1st in the Atlantic and 2nd in the East despite the team playing without their 3 best players for most of the month.  No other playoff team has dealt with that.

Of course, Matt, you're too much of a hater to appreciate that.

It'll be good to have you dissapear from this thread if the winning streak continues.  We'll anxiously await your presence the next time they lose a game.

I'll be here. Will be interesting to see if Melo goes to the 3 when Tyson comes back. There's zero reason for him not to. Unless, of course, he's calling his own shots.

I'll be here. Will be interesting to see if Melo goes to the 3 when Tyson comes back. There's zero reason for him not to. Unless, of course, he's calling his own shots.

Again, you make no sense.  Woodson says he likes Melo at the 4 because of matchup problems for defenders.  But, that's Melo calling his own shot?  And if Tyson, Martin & Melo play, Martin will actually play the 3 and guard the 3.

Whatever.  Anyway, big break for the Knicks with Garnett ruled out for tomorrow's game.  Tyson likely won't play either, but not having to face Garnett is big.

Again, you make no sense.  Woodson says he likes Melo at the 4 because of matchup problems for defenders.  But, that's Melo calling his own shot?  And if Tyson, Martin & Melo play, Martin will actually play the 3 and guard the 3.

Whatever.  Anyway, big break for the Knicks with Garnett ruled out for tomorrow's game.  Tyson likely won't play either, but not having to face Garnett is big.

Kenyon Martin at the 3? no.

I also missed this gem. Those classy Knickerbockers. Quick, SMC get your cape!

JR.gif

Kenyon Martin at the 3? no.

I also missed this gem. Those classy Knickerbockers. Quick, SMC get your cape!

Yes, the 3.  Martin can defend the 3 frontcourt positions.

And WTF are you talking about the "Knickerbockers" in plural?  That wasn't the Knicks.  That was JR.  I don't defend him.  I'm saddened by him and his waste of immense talent.  It's nice though that he now realizes he should take the ball to hole.

Good win with no Tyson again. Five in a row and first sweep of Boston in Boston in ten years. Season high 17 games over. 500.

Yeah, Larz, I dont get it. ESPN even ran a headline that the Knicks were "done." The fact that the Knicks were devastated by injuries but still maintained the division lead and top 3 seed was telling.

Call me crazy, but I think a team can beat Toronto, Utah, a depleted Celtics team, and Orlando and still be considered "done," you miserable, bottom-feeding homers.

Crazy

Especially in light of the fact that all the Nets do is bottom feed.

BTW, I love the "depleted Celtics team" label, completely ignoring the fact that the Knicks are equally depleted with no Tyson, Amare, Sheed, which essentially means the team has no frontcourt.

Crazy

Especially in light of the fact that all the Nets do is bottom feed.

BTW, I love the "depleted Celtics team" label, completely ignoring the fact that the Knicks are equally depleted with no Tyson, Amare, Sheed, which essentially means the team has no frontcourt.

Martin has been a gift from god.

Celts look shot though too. 

Martin has been a gift from god.

Celts look shot though too. 

Yeah, the Knicks finally lucked out with a signing like that with Martin.  Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.  Maybe teams were scared off by his attitude, but he was healthy last year and played well for the Clippers.

Agree on the Celtics.  People forget that they were actually under .500 with everyone healthy.  It was only after Rondo went down did they climb out of that hole.

Knicks have not played a single game this season (regular season and preseason) where all 15 players have been healthy.  In fact, Knicks haven't played a game where their 10 top rotation players have been healthy. Despite that they're 1st in division, 2nd in East and 17 games over .500 for the first time in 12 years.  This has been a good season thus far.

Good win with no Tyson again. Five in a row and first sweep of Boston in Boston in ten years. Season high 17 games over. 500.

Yeah, Larz, I dont get it. ESPN even ran a headline that the Knicks were "done." The fact that the Knicks were devastated by injuries but still maintained the division lead and top 3 seed was telling.

agreed !  today was anther round of negativiy, but it was "when jr smith is your second leadng scorer, you're in trouble"  wtf ?  when you lose your second leading scorer, it's nice to have someone step up !  and and it was more "injury depleted celtics" crap

larry brown set their asses straight, that was great

Another big win. Six in a row.  The Knicks have recovered very well since losing 4 straight.  Halmarks of a veteran team.

Yeah, Larz.  I don't understand why the media continues to call the Knicks opponents "undermanned" or "injury depleted" while ignoring the fact that the Knicks are undermanned and injury depleted.  It seems that the Knicks get penalized in the media's eyes for having guys step up when players are hurt.

Mitch Lawrence of the News while writing a complimentary piece about the Knicks mentioned the fact that while the Grizzlies were at full strength, Gasol was playing with an abdominal strain.  But he doesn't mention the fact that the Knicks are missing the DPOY.

You know what would be great?  If the ******* Pacers and Nets would lose some more ******* games.  Knicks seem to be on a bit of a hot streak, mostly thanks to what I assume is an extended DMT trip from Earl, but the race for the second seed looks to go down to the wire.

You know what would be great?  If the ******* Pacers and Nets would lose some more ******* games.  Knicks seem to be on a bit of a hot streak, mostly thanks to what I assume is an extended DMT trip from Earl, but the race for the second seed looks to go down to the wire.

during the game, they mentioned next week a team I thought was the nets  playing the heat, hawks and thunder.  I wasn't paying attention and I'm like, hahaha NYK win the division.  then I realized it was the NYK schedule

gulp

The Knicks are in fine postseason positioning.  They have a 4 game lead in the loss column for the division with 11 games left.  The game against the Pacers at the Garden on April 14 will be for the 2nd seed..

I think the tougher schedule helps the Knicks here because it keeps them focused. Remember, the Nets are an abysmal 16-26 against teams with .500 or better records at the time they play them.

Eight wins in a row, 20 games over. 500 for first time in 13 years, and 12-6 in a brutal March schedule while being shorthanded the whole time.

This has been an excellent season thus far.

nice to see chandler moving pretty well.  not nice to see some scrub PG torture the NYK PG's.  nice to see the defense clamp down in the 4th.

it's been a long time since I celebrated a division title being a jets/knicks fan

bring it home boys

Archived