Official 2012-2013 New York Knicks Thread

RutgersJetFan

The Knicks will lose in the first round because--outside of Melo and Chandler--they're soft, and because Woodson is Herm Edwards. The guards shredding the defense will just be the cherry on top.

:) The Nyets are a roster with some mismatched players, some of whom have to run to be effective and the others having to play half court. When they go out, it will be because Deron's ankles give out. As scary as Joe Johnson's contract is, it's still a better deal than Amare's, who's broken down. And Gerald Wallace makes about $5 mil too much, but he's a tough dude who plays hard and doesn't need the ball. I still maintain that they won't win a thing with Brook Shields at center. He's the tan Jon Koncak.

I like Wallace.  He's on the wrong side of 30 for a guy whose value is predicated on athleticism and hustle.  

Amar'e's (Amare's? Amar'es???) contract stinks but he comes off the books a year earlier than JJ.   The post moves seem legit so he's not completely useless if he can't jump out of the gym anymore.  

Whatever.  The East is Lebron's playground for the forseeable future.  I'm kind of hoping OKC figures out a way to beat him because I still dislike the guy and would hate to see him win 5 rings. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

big game today

I'm oddly confident.  yeah I know they won't make 20 3 balls this time, but I think they will be up for it

They fell in love with the 3 in the second half.  Again.

I don't know if I've ever seen a team look so different from quarter to quarter.

I don't know if I've ever seen a team look so different from quarter to quarter.

you had to know a heat run was coming, but I figured the knicks might stop complaining long enough to hustle back on defense.  that's unforgiveable

I have to disagree. The Knicks didnt take a lot of 3s in second half. Neither Melo nor Kidd shot them. It was turnovers tat killed them Novak was awful and Smith bricked everything. If either of them shoot decent, the Knicks win.

I have to disagree. The Knicks didnt take a lot of 3s in second half. Neither Melo nor Kidd shot them. It was turnovers tat killed them Novak was awful and Smith bricked everything. If either of them shoot decent, the Knicks win.

I'm at work, and it seemed like every time I looked someone was chucking.  My bad.

you had to know a heat run was coming, but I figured the knicks might stop complaining long enough to hustle back on defense.  that's unforgiveable

Felton and surprisingly Tyon were major culprits.

Ironically, Melo wasnt the one complaining. He did get his foul shots, but there was many times he god drilled, didntget the call but ket playing.

Also, Woodson needs to be questioned on his minutes use. Melo played entire second half, this, after hurting his ribs. He also didnt use Prigs again.

I'm at work, and it seemed like every time I looked someone was chucking.  My bad.

No problemo. It was a good competitive game. The only one chucking was JR of course.

Also, Van Gundy notednear the end that the Knicks were missing wide open shots.

Felton and surprisingly Tyon were major culprits.

Ironically, Melo wasnt the one complaining. He did get his foul shots, but there was many times he god drilled, didntget the call but ket playing.

Also, Woodson needs to be questioned on his minutes use. Melo played entire second half, this, after hurting his ribs. He also didnt use Prigs again.

yeah but lebron sprinted by melo for the alley oop.  melo had an 8 foot lead on him and wound up 5 feet behind him.  this team just didn't hustle today.  huge disappointment

yeah but lebron sprinted by melo for the alley oop.  melo had an 8 foot lead on him and wound up 5 feet behind him.  this team just didn't hustle today.  huge disappointment

But that was one instance and Melo outraced LeBron for a loose ball and ran it across the court for a lay up.

The Knicks dove for loose balls.  They played active.  They were sloppy in ball handling and passing in the 2nd half which led to turnovers.  Combine that by bad shooting by everyone except Melo, Kidd and STAT and they lost.

amar'e'e're'e'  going into beast mode in the final minute was ******* awesome.  when he wasn't getting minutes in the 4th Q because of his defense he didn't pout, he worked on his defense, and it's paying off

good win

funny how the Amare 30 minute rule gets thrown out the window once Melo gets hurt. Hmm. Shocking.

Lulz - should they not?  Isnt that how sports typically work.  One guy gets hurt so another guy gets more minutes.

I like your style.  

Lulz - should they not?  Isnt that how sports typically work.  One guy gets hurt so another guy gets more minutes.

I like your style.  

Knowing the Knicks- Amare was sitting in crunch time because Melo doesnt like the flow of the offense/spacing during the prime minutes for him and JR to play hero ball. Once Melo gets hurt, Woodson isnt getting orders from above to not play Amare down the stretch.

ANd now Woody is coming out and saying Melo said he was injured prior to him walking off the floor. Gotta love the spin from the organization. Melo gets coddled more than any athlete in this town I've ever seen.

Its going to be funny when Woody gets blamed at the end of the year.

Knowing the Knicks- Amare was sitting in crunch time because Melo doesnt like the flow of the offense/spacing during the prime minutes for him and JR to play hero ball. Once Melo gets hurt, Woodson isnt getting orders from above to not play Amare down the stretch.

That's a bunch of horsesh*t and you know it.

STAT isn't in at the end of games because he is a complete defensive liability.  Are you going to blame STAT sucking as a defender on Melo too?

That's a bunch of horsesh*t and you know it.

STAT isn't in at the end of games because he is a complete defensive liability.  Are you going to blame STAT sucking as a defender on Melo too?

Its not horsesh*t at all. There's nothing anyone can say that could convince me otherwise that Melo doesnt have total control over the organization. The dude walked off the floor the other night, doesnt say anything to teammates, doesnt come out for the second half and no one says a peep. Woodson is actually covering for him now!

How much nonsense is Melo going to pull before you Knicks homers see whats up.

Its not horsesh*t at all. There's nothing anyone can say that could convince me otherwise that Melo doesnt have total control over the organization. The dude walked off the floor the other night, doesnt say anything to teammates, doesnt come out for the second half and no one says a peep. Woodson is actually covering for him now!

How much nonsense is Melo going to pull before you Knicks homers see whats up.

Of course no one can say anything to you because you're a close-minded, stubborn, agenda driven poster.  You have a set warped belief about the Knicks and you will ignore anything to the contrary to your Knick-world view.

What "nonsense" are you talking about?  The fact that he is the Knicks' best player?  The fact that he is responsible for having the Knicks have a winning record 3 years in a row, something the team hasn't done since the late 1990s?

What's moronic on your part is the claim that Woodson is covering for Melo now.  Did Woodson fake an MRI three days ago?  If there is nothing wrong with him, why did the team doctors perform an MRI?

Of course no one can say anything to you because you're a close-minded, stubborn, agenda driven poster.  You have a set warped belief about the Knicks and you will ignore anything to the contrary to your Knick-world view.

What "nonsense" are you talking about?  The fact that he is the Knicks' best player?  The fact that he is responsible for having the Knicks have a winning record 3 years in a row, something the team hasn't done since the late 1990s?

What's moronic on your part is the claim that Woodson is covering for Melo now.  Did Woodson fake an MRI three days ago?  If there is nothing wrong with him, why did the team doctors perform an MRI?

That's they way you see it that's fine. The Knicks get coddled more than any team in the city and you seem to be all for it. If Sanchez pulled what Melo pulled the other day he'd be on the front and back of every paper in this town.

That's they way you see it that's fine. The Knicks get coddled more than any team in the city and you seem to be all for it. If Sanchez pulled what Melo pulled the other day he'd be on the front and back of every paper in this town.

Sanchez sucks and Melo is the Knicks best player since Ewing.

For you to try to equate the two just shows either how utterly biased you are against Melo or how stupid.

And Melo didn't "pull" anything.  He was hurt and left the court to see the doctors.  And, of course, you're ignoring the fact that Melo voiced before the game that his knee was giving him problems.  Is that fake too?

Sanchez sucks and Melo is the Knicks best player since Ewing.

For you to try to equate the two just shows either how utterly biased you are against Melo or how stupid.

And Melo didn't "pull" anything.  He was hurt and left the court to see the doctors.  And, of course, you're ignoring the fact that Melo voiced before the game that his knee was giving him problems.  Is that fake too?

lol who did Melo tell before the game he was hurt...you do realize that's the spin from inside the Knicks?

Sanchez has more playoff wins than Melo, which is comical and sad. Not sure why you get so emotional over this...really with the negative reps like I care?

Knicks homers are by far the most delusional.

lol who did Melo tell before the game he was hurt...you do realize that's the spin from inside the Knicks?

Sanchez has more playoff wins than Melo, which is comical and sad. Not sure why you get so emotional over this...really with the negative reps like I care?

Knicks homers are by far the most delusional.

I neg rep your posts because you primarily post utter garbage in these Knicks thread. I couldn't care less if it mattered to you. 

Stop posting trash here and I'll stop neg repping them.  Note, I don't neg rep all your posts.  Only your Knick-hating agenda driven nonsense.

And, no, Sanchez doesn't have more playoff wins than Melo.  Again, more utter stupidity on your part.

Last, how can you call it "spin"?  He had a freaking MRI.  Is that spin?  Are they lying about it?

Woodson was covering up for Melo walking off the court and not sitting with the team. That is plain as day. Melo never told anyone prior to the Cavs game he was hurting.

Next thing you know Grunwald pops up out of nowhere and Woody is taking the fall for Melo playing.

Woodson was covering up for Melo walking off the court and not sitting with the team. That is plain as day. Melo never told anyone prior to the Cavs game he was hurting.

That's completely, 100% false.

Did Melo give the MRI to himself a couple of days ago? When did Melo get a medical license? Or is he a medical technician?

Archived