Woody is asking the Guillotine be polished

SouthernJet

Lets face it. Someone/someones will pay the Piper for this Diarrhea Disaster.

First Head to roll:

Tanny

Next:

Sporano

Nest:

If Jets get a Highly respected GM candidate then Rex is gone. Great GMs want their own HCs to start their new regime. Especially since Year One is always a free pass.

Rex only survives if Woody cant get a quality GM candidate.

I see it this way, Tanny removes Sparano....Brings in Norv Turner. McElroy is given a true chance as Starter. Rex is given one year to clean up the act and get them back to the playoffs.

I see this happening very fast.

There is NO WAY Tanny survives. No way.

Woody has to make a Front Office sacrifice. Sporano is Coach sacrifice for sure.

(Woody may keep him as a Cap Guy, but HE WILL be relieved of his GM job. Guaranteed)

There is NO WAY Tanny survives. No way.

Woody has to make a Front Office sacrifice. Sporano is Coach sacrifice for sure.

(Woody may keep him as a Cap Guy, but HE WILL be relieved of his GM job. Guaranteed)

So who is out there to be our GM and you know what will happen once a new GM is hired....

So who is out there to be our GM and you know what will happen once a new GM is hired....

Many candidates. Money breeds candidates. There is no salary cap for Front office/Coaches.Question is if Woody can get a High Quality Guy. If yes, rex is toast. No reputable GM will start with someone elses coach.

if we cant get a high quality guy and have to settle on a up and comer type, Rex 'may' survive.

I assume Woody will let new GM decide Sporanos fate. If new coach, they are all gone except maybe Westhoff. If Rex survives I have to think new GM will say Sporano 'has to go'.

I see it this way, Tanny removes Sparano....Brings in Norv Turner. McElroy is given a true chance as Starter. Rex is given one year to clean up the act and get them back to the playoffs.

I see this happening very fast.

Starter? Hey, great if that's possible but I just wanted to find out if he was an adequate backup QB but Rex refuses to find out.

Trade our 2nd to Washington for Cousins. Looks as good as anyone we're likely to get and he'd be ready to start in week 1 even if there are still more growing pains (and there will be), which many or most rookies aren't. He's also got 3 more years under his rookie contract and is dirt cheap. Make that offer and Washington would be in a situation as though they had our 2nd rounder already and then decide if they would spend that on a backup QB for 2013. I don't know what his ceiling is, but so far he looks good and at a minimum he doesn't look like a total bust.

I literally don't know what to do with Sanchez for 2013. He's cheaper to keep than cut for 2013, but if we keep him for the year then he'll cost millions to cut a year after. Might as well get it all out of the way now and then 2014 we're totally clear of him.

One service Rex did for us - if anyone wants to call it that - was to clearly demonstrate that there is no chance for Sanchez so no matter how badly anyone else plays there shouldn't be any calls for him to come back in. Certainly no one can say he was pulled from the starting job prematurely.

Lets face it. Someone/someones will pay the Piper for this Diarrhea Disaster.

First Head to roll:

Tanny

Next:

Sporano

Nest:

If Jets get a Highly respected GM candidate then Rex is gone. Great GMs want their own HCs to start their new regime. Especially since Year One is always a free pass.

Rex only survives if Woody cant get a quality GM candidate.

This is a fantastic post. Not necessarily for its content, which is solid, but for one other simple reason. In the 90's i was the lead singer/songwriter for two bands, Makin' Lefts, and Rumblestrip (not the country/western band--we played NYC). This post is fantastic because I know now why we didn't make it to the top. We weren't marketed properly. I'm certain that if we named the band Diarrhea Disaster, I'd have hosted the the Grammy's.

Starter? Hey, great if that's possible but I just wanted to find out if he was an adequate backup QB but Rex refuses to find out.

Trade our 2nd to Washington for Cousins. Looks as good as anyone we're likely to get and he'd be ready to start in week 1 even if there are still more growing pains (and there will be), which many or most rookies aren't. He's also got 3 more years under his rookie contract and is dirt cheap. Make that offer and Washington would be in a situation as though they had our 2nd rounder already and then decide if they would spend that on a backup QB for 2013. I don't know what his ceiling is, but so far he looks good and at a minimum he doesn't look like a total bust.

I literally don't know what to do with Sanchez for 2013. He's cheaper to keep than cut for 2013, but if we keep him for the year then he'll cost millions to cut a year after. Might as well get it all out of the way now and then 2014 we're totally clear of him.

One service Rex did for us - if anyone wants to call it that - was to clearly demonstrate that there is no chance for Sanchez so no matter how badly anyone else plays there shouldn't be any calls for him to come back in. Certainly no one can say he was pulled from the starting job prematurely.

been hearing for last 5 yrs by some here "In tanny we Trust" not by you of course

1) Sanchez must be cut and take the 17m hit

2) Trade revis for multiple picks, Trade Cro, trade or cut any other vet worth a dam and that includes Mangold

3) Cousins will cost much more than a 2nd, Skins are in catbird seat, he is cheap and is a great backup for RG3, who will get hurt again

this is an entire rebuild mon

been hearing for last 5 yrs by some here "In tanny we Trust" not by you of course

1) Sanchez must be cut and take the 17m hit

2) Trade revis for multiple picks, Trade Cro, trade or cut any other vet worth a dam and that includes Mangold

3) Cousins will cost much more than a 2nd, Skins are in catbird seat, he is cheap and is a great backup for RG3, who will get hurt again

this is an entire rebuild mon

Cousins costs whatever the top bid is. If the top bid is a 2 then he costs a 2. If someone (Arizona, Jax, etc) offer them a higher pick then they offer a higher pick.

If I'm Washington do I (from that point of view) spend a top-40 or so pick on a backup QB? If they turn it down that's what they're doing essentially.

I don't know enough about him to invest our 1. But we need a QB and the sooner we find one the better things would be for 2014 and beyond. 2013 is already a lost cause with so many FA starters, so many holes, so many non-FAs whose contracts we can't get rid of, and so little cap space.

SJ is some angry this morning.

No not all real. I lost the 'I am pissed they lost' vibe year sago. I let go of game 10 minutes after its over.

This is pure and simple observations of what is coming.

Its purely "Miss playoffs/QB the GM traded up blows and killed cap 101" ;)

2013 is already a lost cause with so many FA starters, so many holes, so many non-FAs whose contracts we can't get rid of, and so little cap space.

This is why I think Woody tries to bring in a quality GM. 2013 can be the new GM's 'year to tinker'.

This is why I think Woody tries to bring in a quality GM. 2013 can be the new GM's 'year to tinker'.

If there is a new GM here in 2013 (I really hope so) he should cut every single player who is not in the 2014 plans, take all the crazy ass cap hits next year, KEEP, and RESIGN the core players that you can build around, and we will be able to contend by 2014 if the next 2 drafts, and cap space available are run/uses properly. Hopefully the Jets start Tebow the next 2 games, and he does what I think he always will do stink it up real bad, and we lose both games, in that situation we can pick as high as 6th, and no lower than 11th, and with cutting all the lose ends, and having all the dead cap 2013 should be a disaster, but the new GM knows this will be the case, and we then get another top 10 pick, hopefully 1, or 2 because if both Johnny Football, and Clowney come out you just got 1 of 2 potential once in a decade type of talents (I know talent doesn't always equal success), and a sh*t load of cap space to sign veteran FA's on the O-line, and maybe a possible stud RB like Ben Tate, and a stud pass rusher. If all this happens, and we have a serviceable QB, to go along with the likes of DBrick, Mangold, Kerley, hopefully a polished S Hill, and on D Mowilk, Ellis, Colpes, Harris, D Davis, Revis, Cro, and the only player I would open the check book for L Landry, this team will be ready to contend with the right coach, whoever that may be.

Man could you picture Colpes, MWilk, Ellis, Clowney, Revis, Cro, Landry, Harris, and a hopefully future stud D Davis on D, with a drafted true center field FS, and a stud FA pass rushing OLB on the other side of Clowney? That's one hell of a defense IMO. Maybe even cut D Harris this offseason, and take the dead money cap hit in 2013 if somehow Teo falls to us in the draft, and flip flop him for Harris which would add a lot more speed at LB.

IF the Jets decide to draft, or trade for an inexperienced QB like Cousins, or G Smith, Glennon, Bray, ect. They better install a real offense around his talents/strengths, and let him throw the ball 50 times a game in 2013 like the Colts did with Luck/Manning, and the Giants did with Eli for example, that season is a wash anyway let him loose, it will be for the better in the future.

If there is a new GM here in 2013 (I really hope so) he should cut every single player who is not in the 2014 plans, take all the crazy ass cap hits next year, KEEP, and RESIGN the core players that you can build around, and we will be able to contend by 2014 if the next 2 drafts, and cap space available are run/uses properly. Hopefully the Jets start Tebow the next 2 games, and he does what I think he always will do stink it up real bad, and we lose both games, in that situation we can pick as high as 6th, and no lower than 11th, and with cutting all the lose ends, and having all the dead cap 2013 should be a disaster, but the new GM knows this will be the case, and we then get another top 10 pick, hopefully 1, or 2 because if both Johnny Football, and Clowney come out you just got 1 of 2 potential once in a decade type of talents (I know talent doesn't always equal success), and a sh*t load of cap space to sign veteran FA's on the O-line, and maybe a possible stud RB like Ben Tate, and a stud pass rusher. If all this happens, and we have a serviceable QB, to go along with the likes of DBrick, Mangold, Kerley, hopefully a polished S Hill, and on D Mowilk, Ellis, Colpes, Harris, D Davis, Revis, Cro, and the only player I would open the check book for L Landry, this team will be ready to contend with the right coach, whoever that may be.

Man could you picture Colpes, MWilk, Ellis, Clowney, Revis, Cro, Landry, Harris, and a hopefully future stud D Davis on D, with a drafted true center field FS, and a stud FA pass rushing OLB on the other side of Clowney? That's one hell of a defense IMO. Maybe even cut D Harris this offseason, and take the dead money cap hit in 2013 if somehow Teo falls to us in the draft, and flip flop him for Harris which would add a lot more speed at LB.

IF the Jets decide to draft, or trade for an inexperienced QB like Cousins, or G Smith, Glennon, Bray, ect. They better install a real offense around his talents/strengths, and let him throw the ball 50 times a game in 2013 like the Colts did with Luck/Manning, and the Giants did with Eli for example, that season is a wash anyway let him loose, it will be for the better in the future.

great post.

glennon has a bit of flacco in him i think.

I agree....but we do need an OC = Norv? No?

Many candidates. Money breeds candidates. There is no salary cap for Front office/Coaches.Question is if Woody can get a High Quality Guy. If yes, rex is toast. No reputable GM will start with someone elses coach.

if we cant get a high quality guy and have to settle on a up and comer type, Rex 'may' survive.

I assume Woody will let new GM decide Sporanos fate. If new coach, they are all gone except maybe Westhoff. If Rex survives I have to think new GM will say Sporano 'has to go'.

I can see Tanny here, Rex here and Norv replacing Sparano......and McElroy starting

Exactly. the new GM can get a pass for 2013 . Stop worrying about in 2013 because it means nothing. This franchise is at best looking at 2014. And if they cut Sanchez doubt he could get a clipboard job elsewhere.

The bolded is what I've been saying for a few weeks now. If the GM is anyone but Tanny I think there is a VERY high probably of that happening, barring Sanchez being willing to renegotiate his contract (which he'd have no reason to do so). If next year is going to be a rebuilding year anyway, might as well eat the cap hit then and put yourself in great shape for 2014.

From a football standpoint, the smart thing to do would be to let the new GM cut every overpaid bum on the roster and absorb all of the cap hits in 2013.

AND CAN WE ALL STOP WITH CAN WE START TEBOW, OR McELROY TO SEE IF WE HAVE A FUTURE QB!!!!!!

WE ALL KNOW FOR 100% SURE NOT 1 OF THE 3 GUYS ON THIS ROSTER THE JETS CALL A QB WILL EVER WIN US A SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!!!!!

I got wrapped up in the playoff hopes more than anyone, after last night I am so RELIEVED that game turned out that way, I can now be at peace, and finally accept the truth I've known since the SF game, this franchise is going to be god awful until 2014, and we don't have the future QB on the roster. Hopefully Woody sees this to, and does the right thing here, because if he gives Tanny, and Sanchez 1 more year, Tanny will push cap hits back until 2020, and then the franchise is ****ed until 2020, and by then the likes of Revis, and the few other all pro's on this team will be gone, careers wasted, and no future in sight. If he does give Tanny this 1 more year, and authorize contract restructures guaranteeing money, the Jets franchise should be pulled from him, he should be forced to sell the team!

Oh the horror of this playing out, another 5-10 years of seasons like the Coslet, and Kotite days, only then fans always blamed the HC, and never the GM, then in the late 90's, we realized GM's ruin franchises more than coach's, and now we are much more educated, and know it is the owner who ruins franchises, FUKC YOU WOODY!!!!!!!!!!! Your stadium sucks, and your presence as my NFL teams owner makes me sick, you attention Whore seeking douche bag!

Someone please email this to the Jets for me.

The Jets cap is so tight for 2013 already that there will really be no room to tinker. It's going to be a painful season no matter what. It's that situation that makes the job unattractive to every potential candidate.

A new GM would need to come in and blow it all up. Trade Revis, dump/trade Sanchez for a bag of magic beans, and set themselves up in 2014 with a lot of cap room and a high pick. It would suck, but -IMHO- be preferable to Tannenbaum having another year to tinker. Because that's what he would be trying to do. Undoubtably screwing up the cap in future years in an effort to save his job today.

The Jets cap is so tight for 2013 already that there will really be no room to tinker. It's going to be a painful season no matter what. It's that situation that makes the job unattractive to every potential candidate.

A new GM would need to come in and blow it all up. Trade Revis, dump/trade Sanchez for a bag of magic beans, and set themselves up in 2014 with a lot of cap room and a high pick. It would suck, but -IMHO- be preferable to Tannenbaum having another year to tinker. Because that's what he would be trying to do. Undoubtably screwing up the cap in future years in an effort to save his job today.

I think what u said was what I meant by tinker. i agree, blow it up on Offense for sure

Exactly. the new GM can get a pass for 2013 . Stop worrying about in 2013 because it means nothing. This franchise is at best looking at 2014. And if they cut Sanchez doubt he could get a clipboard job elsewhere.

So what you're telling me is my 2 favorite teams, Mets and Jets, arent going to be good next year and I should look forward to 2014. Damn... I better start eating healthy and get to the gym so I dont drop dead.

Archived