Willy Wonka and the The Chocolate Factory (Game Thread)

HessStation

You are doing the reluctant to be voting crusher thing, and already jockeying to set up a D2 lynch if crusher flips town.

Major scum tell, typically.

unvote, vote slats

I was right, you are the dumbest of the monkeys.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, all I was doing was trying to create an alternate train to one I don't like - Darthe's.

If the idiot monkey is going to leave me hanging as one of two votes on Crusher, I'd much rather be one of two votes on him.

unvote

vote: the feces thrower

Also, all I was doing was trying to create an alternate train to one I don't like - Darthe's.

If the idiot monkey is going to leave me hanging as one of two votes on Crusher, I'd much rather be one of two votes on him.

unvote

vote: the feces thrower

Omgus hippie is omgus.

What you did is a very common scum tell, I've nailed people with it a few times during your hiatus. While I was busy not missing you.

Do you have a case on me, or are you going to roll with outdated meta on me and the attempts you made to spin my question to you earlier?

Omgus hippie is omgus.

What you did is a very common scum tell, I've nailed people with it a few times during your hiatus. While I was busy not missing you.

Do you have a case on me, or are you going to roll with outdated meta on me and the attempts you made to spin my question to you earlier?

Not omgus, I was voting you before.

Not spin, didn't like your Darthe vote or your attempt to box me in after he retracted his "knowledge."

I was reluctant to vote Crusher because I haven't played in a while and I personally like him, but I was wiling to go there to move the game along. With a deadline of noon tomorrow, I'm unlikely to be around. I have a lot of last minute Xmas running around to do.

So let's recap

Darthe guilties SMC

Train builds and Darthe backs off

Train falls apart and builds back on Darthe

Ape goes on a rant about how stupid Darthe was and then "thinks about it" (as if he has a brain amirite?) and decides that Darthe is just dumbtown and goes after Crusher for unspecified reasons

Meanwhile SMC is just lurking at the edges of the conversation and votes Darthe after an already opportunistic vote from Ishy

Which brings me to furry furry nobrains number two aka Wombat who claims to have towntells on Ape but wont say what they are and appears to just be blindly following his sh*tty unexplained hunch

I point all this out and Wombat dismisses me for having what he thinks are bad reasons while banana brain defends his old vote on Darthe as if I give a sh*t while accusing me of defending Crusher as if there's even a god damn thing to defend him from

Ape gets fed up because he can't justify his vote on Crusher and just brushes off my questions with "he's voting how he's voting and we can all do whatever we want" like that's just the end of the matter

that about sums up where we're at right?

well this game sure didn't take long to turn into a sh*t show

thanks Ape

Now I remember why I actually liked having CTM around

He was the only one who had the patience to call you out and then deal with the aftermath

So let's recap

Darthe guilties SMC

Ape goes on a rant about how stupid Darthe was and then "thinks about it" (as if he has a brain amirite?) and decides that Darthe is just dumbtown and goes after Crusher for unspecified reasons

Meanwhile SMC is just lurking at the edges of the conversation and votes Darthe after an already opportunistic vote from Ishy

Which brings me to furry furry nobrains number two aka Wombat who claims to have towntells on Ape but wont say what they are and appears to just be blindly following his sh*tty unexplained hunch

I point all this out and Wombat dismisses me for having what he thinks are bad reasons while banana brain defends his old vote on Darthe as if I give a sh*t while accusing me of defending Crusher as if there's even a god damn thing to defend him from

Ape gets fed up because he can't justify his vote on Crusher and just brushes off my questions with "he's voting how he's voting and we can all do whatever we want" like that's just the end of the matter

thanks Ape

He was the only one who had the patience to call you out and then deal with the aftermath

I don't see a sh*tshow. I see mock outrage from the games biggest herp a derp, you. I also see you trying too hard to pull my attention away from crusher and slats, and not doing any scum hunting of your own.

For the umpteenth time for Nolder:

Rant on darthe's play for being stupid was not me saying stupid = scum, it was me saying lets lynch stupid like we might with Jif, you or 80

When I realized darthe tipped a town hint, I let pragmatism prevai l over impulse. I wanted to kill him regardless of alignment at first.

You keep trying to spin it that I said he was scum, then changed my mind. I didn't. Even if I had done that.... Wouldn't be the first time. You are essentially outlining m town tells as a spun case against me.

It reeks of you defending scummates, something I've nailed on many times before.

Fine but at least I have reasons and am trying my best to explain them

You and Ape are basically just asking us to take your word for it and just accept what we've been told

That's a no go for me

I already quoted a bunch of crappy posts by Crusher and have said that he has doing nothing useful to the town this game.

I blew up your SMC theory and your Ape theory isn't much better. Basically, you think Ape is scum because he got pissed at Darthe but still thinks he is town; something he is not alone in. So why are you tunneling on the Ape? Is it because you needed an easy lynch to distract from Crusher?

So let's recap

Darthe guilties SMC

thanks Ape

You completely left out my case on Crusher.

I don't see a sh*tshow. I see mock outrage from the games biggest herp a derp, you. I also see you trying too hard to pull my attention away from crusher and slats, and not doing any scum hunting of your own.

HAHAHAHA

I love the subtle implication that you've done any scum hunting

I'm not saying I have

So far all I've done this game is call you out on your BS

By all means continue to "case" Crusher

I'd love to hear more about this hunch you've got

Go on

I'm waiting

Is this your thick-skulled accusation?

You are doing the reluctant to be voting crusher thing, and already jockeying to set up a D2 lynch if crusher flips town.

Major scum tell, typically.

unvote, vote slats

Because I addressed it here:

Not omgus, I was voting you before.

Not spin, didn't like your Darthe vote or your attempt to box me in after he retracted his "knowledge."

I was reluctant to vote Crusher because I haven't played in a while and I personally like him, but I was willing to go there to move the game along. With a deadline of noon tomorrow, I'm unlikely to be around. I have a lot of last minute Xmas running around to do.

If it helps you to understand: I deny your accusation, yes.

I was willing to vote Crush because I think he's more likely to be scum than the current leading vote-getter, Darthe. Reluctant, not out of fear of lynching a townie and being able to use that against anyone who pushed for it, but simply because I like him - as previously explained and ignored by you.

I already quoted a bunch of crappy posts by Crusher and have said that he has doing nothing useful to the town this game.

Like that's out of character for Crusher?

From what I remember he rarely says anything notable until mid game

I blew up your SMC theory

If by blew up you mean dismissed then yeah I guess so

and your Ape theory isn't much better.

Perhaps

But it's a hell of a lot more concrete than "towntells" and "hunches"

You guys are playing like a bunch of amateurs

Basically, you think Ape is scum because he got pissed at Darthe but still thinks he is town; something he is not alone in. So why are you tunneling on the Ape? Is it because you needed an easy lynch to distract from Crusher?

I'm not tunneling Ape I'm trying to get a straight answer out of either of you

I don't hold unshakable convictions that he's scum but I am seeing scummy behavior and absolutely nothing to make me think otherwise

Perhaps

But it's a hell of a lot more concrete than "towntells" and "hunches"

You guys are playing like a bunch of amateurs

Gonna borrow a phrase from the Ape here and call this out as narrative bullsh*t. I explained in the very post you quoted the logical reason why your Ape case sucks and it has nothing to do with towntells or hunches. The Ape's attitude regarding Darthe is hardly unique yet you are focusing solely on him. In fact, SMC has expressed exactly the same attitude and he was already allegedly on your suspects list due to his lack of reaction to Darthe. Yet for some reason you have almost completely switched gears from SMC to the Ape for something SMC is also doing.

So your defense is RL and meta? Nice.

I'm living real life, and I haven't played this game in a while. Honest answer: I'd like to play with people I like.

I don't have a "defense" because I haven't done anything "scummy." Just because you agree with the monkey and think you've witnessed town tells on him doesn't make it scummy not to agree. You think Crusher is scum, I placed the third vote on him, and monkey jumped right off. You tell me who's doing more to derail your top choice.

I'm living real life, and I haven't played this game in a while. Honest answer: I'd like to play with people I like.

I don't have a "defense" because I haven't done anything "scummy." Just because you agree with the monkey and think you've witnessed town tells on him doesn't make it scummy not to agree. You think Crusher is scum, I placed the third vote on him, and monkey jumped right off. You tell me who's doing more to derail your top choice.

Not sure why the Ape did that FWIW. I thought he'd gotten over his fascination with shiny objects.

It looks to me like Darthe did something I would do which is make some BS claim to get someone ran up for reactions and then go from there

Problem is he backed off and I would have strung SMC up

Dude got ran up and peeked his head in the thread and disappeared again wtf?

Scum that has no way to argue his way out of a BS claim so just waiting to die or for the heat to die down?

Also feel pretty bad about Ape and would lynch him as well

I think it was pretty obvious what Darthe was doing but Ape gave him all kinds of sh*t for it instead of questioning where the **** SMC was at

Which is fine and something I'd expect from town ape since he can be kind of oblivious to the actual important issue sometimes

But then he did a 180 and now thinks Darthe is town?

My thoughts is he did all that to make himself look like he's giving people fair and actual assessments when in reality he knows Darthe is town because he's mafia and is just putting on a show for us

Gonna put my vote on Ape but am still ok with lynching SMC if you guys wanna go there

unvote

vote Ape

Nolder, what was your thought process in between making these two posts?

I feel ok about Darthe and am worried about some of the people voting him. It's definitely not the first time we've seen something like this from a new, confident player, and the way it played out from his end felt townish.

Another person I feel pretty good about is Pac. He's doing his usual thing, starting the game assertively, which reassures me.

I'm going to vote Ishy for now. I'm not feeling great about Nolder either. I can't remember anything JiF has posted but I thought there was something with Pac I wanted to look at. I don't know about Slats, he's not acting nervous about me, so that's promising.

I'm playing from my phone while we're visiting JVOR's parents, so please excuse any typos/rushed posts.

True, but he's found it in himself to bandwagon SMC while lining up the next lynch should SMC flip town and then defend himself/discredit me.

fair enough but I find his concerns legitimate whereas I don't even know what Ape's "hunch" is

remember his "case" is not your case

Archived