Willy Wonka and the The Chocolate Factory (Game Thread)

HessStation

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gonna borrow a phrase from the Ape here and call this out as narrative bullsh*t. I explained in the very post you quoted the logical reason why your Ape case sucks and it has nothing to do with towntells or hunches. The Ape's attitude regarding Darthe is hardly unique yet you are focusing solely on him. In fact, SMC has expressed exactly the same attitude and he was already allegedly on your suspects list due to his lack of reaction to Darthe. Yet for some reason you have almost completely switched gears from SMC to the Ape for something SMC is also doing.

I switched from SMC (whom I'm still fine with lynching) to Ape because there is really nothing more to say about SMC

Ape is pushing a Crusher lynch over a hunch and I want to know what that hunch is

My focus on Ape has nothing to do with his attitude towards Darthe

I noted that I thought he was putting on a show if he's scum but maybe he wasn't idk

It's not really important and I let it drop because of that

I don't even know what you're causing me of. Something about flying monkey poo, I imagine.

Brushing off my case with Ape meta. Lily did this 2 games ago... As scum.

You voted crusher, reluctantly, then set up the lynch on me with an if/when wrong about crusher position. Scum tips their hand about knowing alignment of who hey are voting mst often by prematurely setting up future lynch on loudest wrong townie.

What are Crusher's concerns? Also, Ape vaguely explained his hunch and isn't even voting Crusher anymore.

concerns may not have been the right way to put it

from Crushers POV Darthe made a claim

you can lynch Darthe or you can lynch SMC

either way it pretty much tells you what you need to know about the other player

Ape didn't explain sh*t

he hinted at having inside info

we can't even be sure wtf he's talking about let alone have any idea if his hunch is right

if he wants to lynch Crusher and he thinks he has a good reason let him share it and if I come to the same conclusion I'll vote Crusher too

There's no reason to hide what he knows or thinks he knows if he's town

it's as simple as that

HAHAHAHA

I love the subtle implication that you've done any scum hunting

I'm not saying I have

So far all I've done this game is call you out on your BS

By all means continue to "case" Crusher

I'd love to hear more about this hunch you've got

Go on

I'm waiting

You are going all-in defending crusher eh?

Why would you feel a need to say you "feel pretty bad about Ape and would lynch him as well" if you were going to vote him in what you have said is "pretty much" the same post?

because I wanted to make it clear I was ok with lynching either of them

Is this your thick-skulled accusation?

Because I addressed it here:

If it helps you to understand: I deny your accusation, yes.

I was willing to vote Crush because I think he's more likely to be scum than the current leading vote-getter, Darthe. Reluctant, not out of fear of lynching a townie and being able to use that against anyone who pushed for it, but simply because I like him - as previously explained and ignored by you.

**** you.

It is time and again a scum tell I catch people on. Could be wrong, but you need to look at it from how others interpret what you write.

And her implying that I always want to lynch her.

I feel like she always defends any FOS/vote against her pretty hard in the same way, so I didn't see a big departure from her usual style. Granted I may be missing something more subtle. Our first several games together I was sure she was scum every time, lol.

Brushing off my case with Ape meta. Lily did this 2 games ago... As scum.

You voted crusher, reluctantly, then set up the lynch on me with an if/when wrong about crusher position. Scum tips their hand about knowing alignment of who hey are voting mst often by prematurely setting up future lynch on loudest wrong townie.

Already been addressed. Twice.

Scum skims. Try going back and reading.

It has practically nothing to do with Crusher

Why wont you just tell us what your hunch is?

Still waiting

My hunch is that crusher didn't know what I do about town roles. So I read him as scum. That's all you get, you are fishing... Big time.

I didn't act like I have inside info. I know my own PM, and feel confident that it tells me a little something about setup that seems lost on both you and crusher. Now you are fishing and defending him.

I feel ok about Darthe and am worried about some of the people voting him. It's definitely not the first time we've seen something like this from a new, confident player, and the way it played out from his end felt townish.

Another person I feel pretty good about is Pac. He's doing his usual thing, starting the game assertively, which reassures me.

I'm going to vote Ishy for now. I'm not feeling great about Nolder either. I can't remember anything JiF has posted but I thought there was something with Pac I wanted to look at. I don't know about Slats, he's not acting nervous about me, so that's promising.

I'm playing from my phone while we're visiting JVOR's parents, so please excuse any typos/rushed posts.

Unvote vote Ishy

I'm living real life, and I haven't played this game in a while. Honest answer: I'd like to play with people I like.

I don't have a "defense" because I haven't done anything "scummy." Just because you agree with the monkey and think you've witnessed town tells on him doesn't make it scummy not to agree. You think Crusher is scum, I placed the third vote on him, and monkey jumped right off. You tell me who's doing more to derail your top choice.

Wombat knows I'll go back to crusher in a heartbeat.

You jumped right off too there buddy... It's common for me, especially when I snag a ping. I went on to list you both in my top 3, but why would that matter.

My hunch is that crusher didn't know what I do about town roles. So I read him as scum. That's all you get, you are fishing... Big time.

I didn't act like I have inside info. I know my own PM, and feel confident that it tells me a little something about setup that seems lost on both you and crusher. Now you are fishing and defending him.

if you're town you know more about town roles than other townies

I'm town and all I got was a character name, a picture, role, and my win condition

bare bones

you can keep BSing that I'm defending Crusher all you want but anyone with half a brain can tell that isn't the case

Wombat knows I'll go back to crusher in a heartbeat.

You jumped right off too there buddy... It's common for me, especially when I snag a ping. I went on to list you both in my top 3, but why would that matter.

Did you miss why I did that, too, Skimmy McScum? I spelled it out pretty clearly. I was willing to place a momentum vote on Crush to establish an alternative train to Darthe's, but I wasn't going to sit there as an unhappy second vote on Crush when I could be a gleeful second vote on you, instead. That's your derailing. Wombat, who you claim knows you'll jump back in a heartbeat, also didn't understand your quick move. Or did you miss that post, too?

if you're town you know more about town roles than other townies

I'm town and all I got was a character name, a picture, role, and my win condition

bare bones

you can keep BSing that I'm defending Crusher all you want but anyone with half a brain can tell that isn't the case

Anyone with half a brain knows not to stand in front of a lynch on D1. Which is what you are doing, no different than defense.

Why are you trying so hard to get me to discuss where my hunch derives from? It's like you are trying to coax me into wasting a reveal.

I told you all I'm willing to tell. I don't have inside info, I just thought about my role and how I'd set the game up, and noticed an apparent unawareness from you and crusher to what stood out to me in darthe's posts.

Since when can someone not roll with a hunch on D1? Your pecking at this reeks of the times you've tried to derail me in myopic arguing where I explain something then you tell me to explain it again, over and over. You end up as scum who made the mistake multiple times of thinking you could defend a teammate from me, and outlive it. Every time I end up leading your lynch and whoever you defended.

Did you miss why I did that, too, Skimmy McScum? I spelled it out pretty clearly. I was willing to place a momentum vote on Crush to establish an alternative train to Darthe's, but I wasn't going to sit there as an unhappy second vote on Crush when I could be a gleeful second vote on you, instead. That's your derailing. Wombat, who you claim knows you'll jump back in a heartbeat, also didn't understand your quick move. Or did you miss that post, too?

I skim more as town. You retard.

I think you are trying to pass the buck on the deadline for your vote on crusher, and you placed that vote while lining up m lynch for tomorrow. All the rest of you excuses are nice, but moot, you voted crusher and tried to exhonerate yourself from the outcome of his lycnh, while indicting me for it for tomorrow.

Actions speak louder than explanations.

I skim more as town. You retard.

I think you are trying to pass the buck on the deadline for your vote on crusher, and you placed that vote while lining up m lynch for tomorrow. All the rest of you excuses are nice, but moot, you voted crusher and tried to exhonerate yourself from the outcome of his lycnh, while indicting me for it for tomorrow.

Actions speak louder than explanations.

Following your dopey monkey hunches rather than reading the thread, got it.

I prefer you be lynched first every game, regardless of my or your alignment. That's just my personal preference. I also said as much in the post where I voted Crusher in the first place. You should really try paying attention. My current actions back up those words.

I'd bet Nolders pocket pu**y that either Nae or Wombat are teh scum. I'm that good.

I'll unvote Vote Nae

I realize deadline tomorrow at 3 and should be around more. had to drive out to the ladyfriends fathers house for the day.

What do you think about Ishy?

not great

I think Wombat called it with the opportunistic vote he made earlier

other than that I don't have an impression of him this game

which may actually be telling since he's usually a bit more vocal

at least on DM anyway

not great

I think Wombat called it with the opportunistic vote he made earlier

other than that I don't have an impression of him this game

which may actually be telling since he's usually a bit more vocal

at least on DM anyway

I'm incognito. Trying to work my way back into the good graces of the people around here.

Wasn't opportunistic, I voted before I had the gift of hindsight that the rest of you have. Darthe claimed insider information and later said he lied. I wasn't the only one that thought it was scummy before people stopped and thought about it for a moment. If you'd like to consider the spot on the train I was occupying, I guess that's a legitimate beef but other than that I don't see how what I did was any worse than anybody else that voted him. But with what's been going on since then and the conversation generated, I reckon it's a non-factor now.

Unvote.

I'll be up most of the night wrapping the little girl's presents so I'll have plenty of time before the morning to sit and decide what's what. Just from the little I've read, I'm interested in the Crusher-Nae angle brought up, as well as yours-Ape's-Wom's back and forth, but right now it looks like all three of you are just flexing at each other. More to come.

Archived