***** Ghostbusters: Game Thread *****

Integrity28

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is going on here? I have seen no new posts in... 2 days?

JetNation mafia usually isn't very active on weekends, and that was a precedent set back when we ONLY played mafia here during the football off-season. Now that we play mafia year-round, there are weekends where it REALLY dies off, just due to mafia burnout, which is a pretty pervasive sentiment right now for most players here.

Monday will bring activity... and a deadline, no worries. 

I almost hammered Hess yesterday but wanted to see a little more of an exchange.  TBH I'm not sure who's lying here.  I don't think Hess would claim Doc so soon after SMC died.  If he was scum and accomplished his mission of outing the Doc, all they've done is set up a Wifom on who gets protected tonight.  With their RBer in SMC dead, the whole move lacks logic.

On the other hand AVM is doing that over explaining thing he does when he's scum.  But...  it doesn't make a hell of a lot of sense for scum to take the chance of countering either.

With limited actual game play this one is kind of hard to call.

I'd like to see them hash it out a little more tbh.  I'll catch one of them with a little more content.

Hess do you care if you die?  Was this a win or die spectacularly trying move?

I also wanted to see if one of them would suggest being investigated by Verb - assuming a GF would propose that - but neither did.

That's actually the play...  Have Verb investigate one tonight and go if he gets an innocent we'll kill the other.  Let scum go ahead and try and guess if the Doc protects Verb or themselves.

Or..  we can just say screw it and kill one of them now.  It's a really strange move for scum regardless of which one is lying here. Confounding even.

I also wanted to see if one of them would suggest being investigated by Verb - assuming a GF would propose that - but neither did.

That's actually the play...  Have Verb investigate one tonight and go if he gets an innocent we'll kill the other.  Let scum go ahead and try and guess if the Doc protects Verb or themselves.

Or..  we can just say screw it and kill one of them now.  It's a really strange move for scum regardless of which one is lying here. Confounding even.

I really don't understand what is so confusing to you.  Hess got ran up and needed to reveal.  Cop was already in the open so not a very good choice.  He watched what happen to JiF after he claimed townie with the vest and got fried (Life 1).  He could have tried watcher or tracker claim but those have become sorta played out here and nobody really buys those anymore.  To me Doc seem like the only play.  He was going to die any way and it either bought him another night or would out the real Doc.  I find it a lot harder to believe AVM jumps out with a fake counter claim after losing a scum mate that quick. 

Little part of me feels like your trying to save scum mate in Hess.  Maybe your the Godfather and your taking this stance to get investigated yourself.  Most of your play seemed town enough but a possibility none the less. 

I do agree 100% that we need more game play from people today.  If not maybe Ape should replace another person with JiF.  JiF could beat your record of dying twice in a game with a triple!!!  Game is slow.  That would be nice LuL'z.

I'm going to give you guys most of today to get things moving, and will set a deadline if my patience is taken for granted.

Agreed.  Weekend is over.  Let's do this. 

By the way.  My 24 year old daughter with her business degree and partial MBA decided to take the office manager position.  This is the BEST case scenario.  Could not be happier.  It will put her MBA on simmer but ultimately it's the best move.  One of the hardest things as a business owner is your most valued employees sometimes holding you hostage in a sense.  That ends today for me.  Very excited. 

Everyone is burnt out man.  Might be a good idea to take a month off. 

Maybe.  But with the Ape in the game everyone gets annoyed, fired up and we all play more.  Burn out is not a symptom of too much mafia, it's a symptom of slow boring non-contributing mafia.  When a game is roaring we all enjoy it. 

Maybe.  But with the Ape in the game everyone gets annoyed, fired up and we all play more.  Burn out is not a symptom of too much mafia, it's a symptom of slow boring non-contributing mafia.  When a game is roaring we all enjoy it. 

yeah but Ape has died on Day 1 plenty of times.  I can feel the general malaise in many players right now.  Sucks but I think the year round deal is what kind of did it.  When we had a dedicated "season" people would be fired up to play...  now it's like pulling teeth to get 15 - 20 people.

yeah but Ape has died on Day 1 plenty of times.  I can feel the general malaise in many players right now.  Sucks but I think the year round deal is what kind of did it.  When we had a dedicated "season" people would be fired up to play...  now it's like pulling teeth to get 15 - 20 people.

I think we have a natural attrition rate.  People get bored with it, they get busy with other stuff and whatever else.  I also think scaring away all the Dm people does not help the roster for game.  LOL

New Rule:  Ape can't mod....we need him for in-game activity?

I almost hammered Hess yesterday but wanted to see a little more of an exchange.  TBH I'm not sure who's lying here.  I don't think Hess would claim Doc so soon after SMC died.  If he was scum and accomplished his mission of outing the Doc, all they've done is set up a Wifom on who gets protected tonight.  With their RBer in SMC dead, the whole move lacks logic.

On the other hand AVM is doing that over explaining thing he does when he's scum.  But...  it doesn't make a hell of a lot of sense for scum to take the chance of countering either.

With limited actual game play this one is kind of hard to call.

I'd like to see them hash it out a little more tbh.  I'll catch one of them with a little more content.

Hess do you care if you die?  Was this a win or die spectacularly trying move?

Nothing to work out IMO Hess claimed Doc, AVM countered his claim ...Im pretty sure AVM is the Doc at this point because why would scum have taken the chance and countered only to have AVM die the next day if Hess is telling the truth ? Scum would never ever counter a Doc claim they would just kill him without having to out any of their team. There is a good chance Hess is a Mess.

Vote Hess

Final D3 - Official Vote Count

Hess (6): Darthe, 80, AVM, Crusher, Lily, Smash

AVM (2): Hess, Pac

No vote (2): Nae, Verbal

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to slime!

2 reveals used (Hess, AVM both claimed doc)

They call New York City the city that never sleeps... but for the past 2 days, that's exactly what it's done. A new DragonMount record 48 hour in-game nap has lead us up to this, a relatively anti-clamactic lynch of Hess.

Who is Hess? Well, he's that black dude that every one loves. He's been lurking around the streets of New York trying to figure out what to do about all this ******* ghosts. He wanted to become a Ghostbuster, saw that their help wanted flyer on telephone polls and signboards all over town, but he never even called and tried to get an interview. 

On this morning, Hess found himself down on the docks, he figured if there's any place the ghosts and demons would bother messing with him it'd be down there, with the crackheads and twinks, like JIF, who do deep-knee bends for a fix.

He was wrong. 

He found himself surround by ghosts, ghouls and junkies... he exclaimed, "Yo you guys, I'm Gozer!!!" they paused, but for a moment, "Gozer the Gozerian!!! I'm tellin' you yo!!!" Then suddenly... 

gb3piece.4a.jpg

Another stepped forward and claimed to be the true Gozer... and the ectoplasmic horde converged on Hess, the snide little prick.

Winston_GB1.jpg

Hess - Winston Zeddemore, NON-converted mafia symp has been slimed!

Night actions due by 7PM today

Well then...

yeah..  dumbo Hess going rogue makes more sense than him doing it as part of a team.  it was actually a good play for him to out AVM for his would be teammates.

good job hess.

Don't worry -- you're still the greatest in your eyes

Archived