***** Ghostbusters: Game Thread *****

Integrity28

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only have a few minutes before a busy day. It seems we have two doc claimants (if AVM is a soft claim.) I'm not sure who's telling the truth, but I'm going to start a competing train before I take off. Hopefully, you won't resolve this before I can get back on. 

Vote AVM

</3

I'm 100% Doc. Their roleblocker is dead and AVM is a thug turd. K thx. 

I think it makes more sense for AVM to be lying as scum then it does for you to be. 

Unvote

You being scum and claiming Doc is foolhearty on the heels of 1 death.

AVM being scum and countering to get the doc out of the game seems more realistic.  A little premature, but it does make more sense.

Vote AVM

I think it makes more sense for AVM to be lying as scum then it does for you to be. 

Unvote

AVM being scum and countering to get the doc out of the game seems more realistic.  A little premature, but it does make more sense.

Vote AVM

Giving up another scum member to get the doc when there's no guarantee either of us would get lynched?

Yeah...no.

Unvote

Vote AVM

So he should claim vanilla with a vest and get speed lynched like JiF the first time? 

I say we keep them both alive and lynch Pac for being a doosh.

vote Pacdoosh   unvote

What in gods name are you rambling about?  If Hess was a townie with a vest I'd want him to say so.  Are you saying that as a townie he should just claim whatever is least likely to be lynched?

Unvote

Vote AVM

I'm thinking the opposite.  Hess was getting run up - if he claims roleless and we lynch him and he's scum, they gain nothing.  But to bring the Doc out in the open, they gain a trade that allows them to kill me before I can uncover their whole team.

If I'm scum and put myself in Hess' shoes, I'd claim Doc, too.

It's a good trade to get him out of the game.

Disagree.  I'd rather you rolled the dice and stayed quiet.  Scum might not have shot at you yet.  If they did and you were protecting me, then we'd speedlynch Hess as a liar.

Instead, you're dead tonight, and me the following night.  This assumes you're the real Doc, of course....but I hope you see my logic.

You being quiet might have gained us a couple more phases.  Your death would have told us what we needed to know, so it wasn't like you had to claim to get the info out - your coroner report would have done the work for you.

Disagree.  I'd rather you rolled the dice and stayed quiet.  Scum might not have shot at you yet.  If they did and you were protecting me, then we'd speedlynch Hess as a liar.

Instead, you're dead tonight, and me the following night.  This assumes you're the real Doc, of course....but I hope you see my logic.

You being quiet might have gained us a couple more phases.  Your death would have told us what we needed to know, so it wasn't like you had to claim to get the info out - your coroner report would have done the work for you.

I do -- I wish I had waited a bit in retrospect.  Could have possibly gotten someone to tie themselves to Hess.  Only problem is the longer the game goes on and he and I are both living, the tougher it would have been to get him killed.  Additionally, I was 2nd or 3rd on the list for at least a few guys so I feel like I was going to have to reveal today, most likely. 

I was afraid, with the 2 reveal limit, that if I kept my mouth shut and someone else (Darthe) was run up and used the reveal then it came to me I'm a dead man.  You'd all rationalize that the cop and doc were uncountered so I was a safe lynch.  I understand Hess would get speedlynched, but you'd also die tonight.  Me "revealing" guarantees one more investigation.

However -- I do see what you're saying.  My reveal was part knee-jerk noob reaction and part fear of the reveal limit.

What in gods name are you rambling about?  If Hess was a townie with a vest I'd want him to say so.  Are you saying that as a townie he should just claim whatever is least likely to be lynched?

No.  Im saying as scum the Doc is his best reveal.  Only thing that would keep him alive. 

I'm thinking the opposite.  Hess was getting run up - if he claims roleless and we lynch him and he's scum, they gain nothing.  But to bring the Doc out in the open, they gain a trade that allows them to kill me before I can uncover their whole team.

BOOM 

I do -- I wish I had waited a bit in retrospect.  Could have possibly gotten someone to tie themselves to Hess.  Only problem is the longer the game goes on and he and I are both living, the tougher it would have been to get him killed.  Additionally, I was 2nd or 3rd on the list for at least a few guys so I feel like I was going to have to reveal today, most likely. 

I was afraid, with the 2 reveal limit, that if I kept my mouth shut and someone else (Darthe) was run up and used the reveal then it came to me I'm a dead man.  You'd all rationalize that the cop and doc were uncountered so I was a safe lynch.  I understand Hess would get speedlynched, but you'd also die tonight.  Me "revealing" guarantees one more investigation.

However -- I do see what you're saying.  My reveal was part knee-jerk noob reaction and part fear of the reveal limit.

Unvote

vote hess

I'm thinking the opposite. Hess was getting run up - if he claims roleless and we lynch him and he's scum, they gain nothing. But to bring the Doc out in the open, they gain a trade that allows them to kill me before I can uncover their whole team.

You'd also claim town doc if you were the town doc.

I think AVM played it the way he had to. He's right. We would have killed him if he got run up and the two claims were already used up. Hess was run up and needed to claim something. I think he's scum. 

Archived