Jets 1 PM Presser

SouthernJet

What the hell are they holding a presser for? 

Revis-talk has died down over the weekend, they have to assume they will be hit with a barrage of questions regarding their progress in the matter...they better cough up some answers this time around.  If they play the deflection game during a press conference that they initiate, I'll be pissed.  Maybe they've come to an agreement with Revis; one that either makes him more tradable, or one that keeps him around for a while. ???

The tagging deadline is at 4pm today, maybe they want to announce that we're tagging a player. (Keller?) Still, other teams don't hold an entire press conference to make such announcements...I smell something fishy. 

In New York, and with the Jets especially, you don't need to GO TO the press...they come to you.  They want to advertise something.  

Revis-talk has died down over the weekend, they have to assume they will be hit with a barrage of questions regarding their progress in the matter...they better cough up some answers this time around.  If they play the deflection game during a press conference that they initiate, I'll be pissed.  Maybe they've come to an agreement with Revis; one that either makes him more tradable, or one that keeps him around for a while. ???

The tagging deadline is at 4pm today, maybe they want to announce that we're tagging a player. (Keller?) Still, other teams don't hold an entire press conference to make such announcements...I smell something fishy. 

In New York, and with the Jets especially, you don't need to GO TO the press...they come to you.  They want to advertise something.  

Its the yearly presser for season tix holders

sny_tv_logo.png?m=1339856989g

Navigation

Idzik says Revis “ahead of schedule,” hints Tebow could stick around March 4th, 2013 3:07 pm

Darrelle Revis may or may not be a New York Jet come the 2013 NFL season, but he’s ahead of schedule in returning from a torn ACL, Seth Walder of the New York Daily News reports.

“By all accounts, by his doctor’s accounts — he’s doing very well. By their estimation he’s ahead of schedule,” said John Idzik on his disgruntled cornerback. Idzik and coach Rex Ryan, who normally dodge questions from reporters, were doing so from fans Monday, speaking on a conference call with season ticket holders.

Idzik and Ryan predictably didn’t elaborate on the rumors that the Jets are considering trading Revis saying only that the corner is a New York Jet and they appreciate having him that way. “Darrelle is a very valued player on our team. Our focus is squarely on getting him healthy, getting him back to his level of play.”

“Tim, as you know, he’s currently on our roster. What we’re doing is we’re trying to increase competition at that position and positions across the board,” said Idzik. “So we’re going to let the competition play out. We’re going to see who we’re able to bring on board and let it play out this offseason and into training camp. So I think that’ll be healthy for all concerned, including Tim.”

Are they trying to tell me that Tebow may acutally be back in 2013 !?!

%&*$#&$&@#!**(

No!

They are trying to make any team that might surrender a 7th rounder think he might be on the team next year.

They could care less what you as a fan think

No!

They are trying to make any team that might surrender a 7th rounder think he might be on the team next year.

They could care less what you as a fan think

I agree, but should they?  I'd rather the team do what is best rather than be concerned about how the fans view the offseason roster.

It's one of three things:

1. Woody Johnson is evil and plans to cut Tebow after training camp once all teams are fairly set.

2. The Jets suspect someone is interested in TT and are now playing a bit of "poker."

3. They are putting out a feeler to the fan base or preparing them for the announcement that Tebow will be around next season.

It's one of three things:

1. Woody Johnson is evil and plans to cut Tebow after training camp once all teams are fairly set.

2. The Jets suspect someone is interested in TT and are now playing a bit of "poker."

3. They are putting out a feeler to the fan base or preparing them for the announcement that Tebow will be around next season.

I personally don't think it's any of those per se. It's not so much that they have interest in him, because I doubt they do, but they are trying to find some and hoping it's going to be out there before they cut him IMO.

3 paragraphs of outrage because they are having a press conference in March, LOL

Pretty sure Marty was brought in to get something out of every offensive player we end up bringing into the season. Just a hunch.

You are just a hunch. This idea of yours is probably right generally, but mine might be correct when getting specific. He's here to assist in fixing this QB mess. 

You are just a hunch. This idea of yours is probably right generally, but mine might be correct when getting specific. He's here to assist in fixing this QB mess. 

Are you seriously implying that the new offensive coordinator was brought in to fix the QB mess, as though this is a thought that occurred to nobody else here ever? :D

Would that imply that the coordinator is directly related to the success of the player? The exact opposite position you took when we argued about Schotty all the time, saying the OC didn't matter, and that "players need to play"?

Hahaha... :P

Come on maaaan.  I was tricked.  

It wasn't a "presser" it was a season ticket holder conference call. 

Rage. You has it.

Would that imply that the coordinator is directly related to the success of the player?

I've never said otherwise. Never to the level most of you seem to insist. Both Tebow and Sanchez have had moments of competence in their young years. Mornhinweg's job is to mine that and get a Kerry Collins/Brad Johnson/Mike Vick/Rich Gannon career out of them. 

I've never said otherwise. Never to the level most of you seem to insist. Both Tebow and Sanchez have had moments of competence in their young years. Mornhinweg's job is to mine that and get a Kerry Collins/Brad Johnson/Mike Vick/Rich Gannon career out of them. 

So "players need to play" and "the offensive coodinator needs to be better, and tailor the system to the skill set of the player he has".

You mean it's not a polarizing argument where only one of these statements is right?

For the record, I totally agree with you - I also think you are stating the obvious, and there's a hint of irony in there considering how adamant you were that coodinators don't have much of an impact, while you now suggest the coodinator's job is to salvage this mess. Which I'd call a major impact, if successful.

You're a funny guy. :)

Archived