Can not believe our perception now..

lanightmare225

I can't believe that we were just in the afc championship 2 years ago and now everyone talks about us like we are equivalent to Jacksonville and Cleveland now. I hope we can get some guys in here that can give us a little hope of being a consistant playoff contender bc this is almost depressing for a die hard Jets fan

Meh, you just have to keep it in perspective.  Talking about how good or bad this team is makes no sense.  Not a single person on this board knows what the roster is going to look like come opening day.  Some fans enjoy the bad times more than the good because they get to feel like things would be better if they were in charge.

The media tries to shape everything.  If the QB had been decent last year we win 8 or 9 games.  When you are an older team put together for a run you have to expect to slide back some.  I think our present DL will provide better pass rush next year than this--- and if we draft a stud pass LB rusher, that will help upgrade our rush, our LB corps in general, and the performance of the secondary. I look for good to pretty good defense next year.  We have two serious probems:  Holmes and Sanchez.  One is overrated and the other no longer is overrated.  It is hard to win with less than mediocre QB play.  As for our receivers, Holmes is not a number one---unless we are talking about assholes.  Stephen Hill is a long way off--but sometimes these guys start to get it quick.  I don't think Keller was ever a real good tight end.  He was a decent hybrid. We need a big bad TE.  RBs will be important but not as important as before, with MMs system.  No.  Get a QB in here who can complete 60% of his passes--to his own team---and minimmize INTs, and this team could probably win 9 games next year.  After you put them down for 9 you hope to steal one you don't deserve.  What do you got?  Watchable football.

I can't believe that we were just in the afc championship 2 years ago and now everyone talks about us like we are equivalent to Jacksonville and Cleveland now. I hope we can get some guys in here that can give us a little hope of being a consistant playoff contender bc this is almost depressing for a die hard Jets fan

Jacksonville and Cleveland wish they created headlines like we do.  

Jets Hate gets worse after the Super Bowl because you're comparing the Jets to the teams that were just in the Super Bowl and asking yourself, how far away from that are we? If you look at Baltimore, Jets fans should be encouraged--Flacco isn't great, the receivers aren't HOFers, and their defense is similar to ours in terms of talent and style. Where the difference lies is in that the bottom half of Baltimore's roster is so much better than ours, and therefore produces contributors like Bernard Pierce, Jacoby Jones, Dennis Pitta, etc. The Jets have a rugby player and gahhhhhhbage at the end of their bench.

Talent-wise, the 49ers might have the most horses in the league.

Yep

That’s what all the fan hysteria is all about.  Plus the NYC sports media has to be the worst in the world.

Two years ago 90% of fans thought the Super Bowl was imminent.  Now we are being told we are the worst franchise in the NFL.

It would be like having what you thought was the winning lotto ticket, but when you got to the lotto office you discovered it was last weeks ticket.

BANG 

They didn't barely sneak into the playoffs in 2010. They had were tied for 4th best record in the entire league. They beat two of the teams with better records during the season and lost to another by one point.

Shut up with your facts. They bumbled and stumbled in AS I RECALL.

That happened to be the year they got top 25 performance out of the QB. I believe Sanchez ranked 22nd by FO that year.

They didn't barely sneak into the playoffs in 2010.  They had were tied for 4th best record in the entire league. They beat two of the teams with better records during the season and lost to another by one point.  

We were stacked in 2010. I'd take that roster any year. 2009, we barely got in. We had one amazing season, not two.

2010 was really their only great run.   2009 They lucked into the playoffs and had a nice run.  

The Ravens have won divisions and been to the playoffs every season harbaugh has been coach and Flacco has been a QB.

They lucked into a playoff win, and they had a lucky win against the Chargers, but those things happen along the way.  

The Jets are a team who seems to finish close to 8-8 all the time.   One bad bounce or a couple of bad games and they are done.   

That 2009 run probably never even happens if Manning plays and the Colts decided they wanted to be undefeated.  And who knows what that means for 2010.    The Jets are the same organziation for years now.   The same crap happened with Herm Edwards.  Some lucky bounces, lots of avg to awful performances, but a future that looked bright.   The same thing was said about Mangini in his first season.  Playoffs. Future looks bright. Then they never actually improve.

Thats the problem with the Jets.  They never really improve.   They just stick to being that 8-8 team.    And the last 2 seasons kind of adheres to that philosophy.  Yeah if they had avg QB play maybe they finish 8-8 or 9-7 and sneak into the playoffs.   And when they lose, next season looks worse cause they were never really that good in the first place.     

The Ravens were the better team last season, but they just couldn't make plays against the Pats.   This year they made a run and won.

The Jets were not the better team against the Colts.    And They were so outclassed against the Steelers it was like they didn't show up for most of that game.    

Jets Hate gets worse after the Super Bowl because you're comparing the Jets to the teams that were just in the Super Bowl and asking yourself, how far away from that are we? If you look at Baltimore, Jets fans should be encouraged--Flacco isn't great, the receivers aren't HOFers, and their defense is similar to ours in terms of talent and style. Where the difference lies is in that the bottom half of Baltimore's roster is so much better than ours, and therefore produces contributors like Bernard Pierce, Jacoby Jones, Dennis Pitta, etc. The Jets have a rugby player and gahhhhhhbage at the end of their bench.

Talent-wise, the 49ers might have the most horses in the league.

biggest difference isnt the bottom its the qb lol

but we are definitely not the bottom tier but we are bottom of the middle tier

Archived