Rex is finished

Jetfan13

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the conclusion that was obvious in January. 

Rex is a placeholder.

But, But, But, Mike Francessa told me Rex was calling the shots, and was running the team into the ground, he has to be right he knows everything.

Everybody knew this was going to happen.  T0m and Dierking and the majority think Rex has been a lame duck since at least when McElroy sh*t the bed in his start.  Even those of us that are pro-Rex did not expect this team to be big players in the FA market. Especially at the start.  They are going to target some lower tier guys and otherwise shop the bargain basement.  The keys to the talent level will be the QB play and the draft - particularly assuming they get extra picks from a Revis deal. 

The roster is getting worse from terrible, which is was it was last year. This isn't close to a playoff team in 2013. They are doing the right thing though.

I keep seeing this, but what could possibly happen in that time that would turn the tide here? They aren't getting Peyton Manning in free agency, and they're not getting Andrew Luck in the draft. Garrard is going to lead a huge turnaround? Ryan Nassib is going to be RGIII? I understand the need (in some) to have faith and patience, but where are you guys finding said faith?

2 starting DL's gone, 3 starting LB's gone, Revis and Landry probably gone. And maybe even Bell.

Thats 7, maybe 8 out of 11 starters likely gone. Rex is the defense, never got to involved in the offense. If 7 or 8 new starters on the defensive side of the ball doesn't spell adios, then Rex must have pics of Woody doing somethjing un-natural.

Everyone who knows me knows I am not a doomsslayer, but where do you see a + in this equation?

I stand by what I said, FA is only in it's infancy. You are all acting like women.

Exactly..the biggest question marks will be who will be the starting QB and what type of draft do they have. They need good smart gametime ready starters probably in rounds 1-4. Rounds 5-7 can be projects but those top four picks have to hit the ground running. With so many holes to fill, you better believe we will  be fielding a younger team this year. 

1) Who will be the starting QB for the Jets in 2013? If the answer is Sanchez, then yes, I believe we are sunk, I think we have a better shot with anyone but Sanchez.

2) Will the new interior linemen respond to their new roles as starters? Losing Pouha and Devito is bad BUT can the new starters produce or at the very least hold the point. We will see...

3) How quickly will the new LBs take to the Rex defense? The front seven has to work in tandem. If the line holds, it will fall on the LBs to capitalize. 

4) Can Cro repeat last year's effort? Revis is gone...I think we all know that. If Cro can play as well as he did last year, we are in good shape, if not...we are screwed. 

5) Will the new safety(ies) coalesce with the new personnel on D? We are losing Landry and might lose Bell, will whoever starts in their place pick up the Rex d? 

These are good questions. I think Rex will find two DT's who can play because he clearly can coach DL, and I think they'll draft two LB's and try and get a cheap one in FA. I'll be interested to see if Cro will be the player he was this year, particularly with his improved financial situation. Ultimately, I think integrating all the new talent will set them back significantly.

Revis isn't gone yet, it sounds like he will be, but it's not a done deal maybe the Jets come to their senses, we drafted 3 DL in the last 2 drafts, those 3 will start, we drafted 2 Safety's last year, at least 1 has to step up, 3 of the 4 starting LB's from the last few games are still here, and as of now it seems the Jets will try, and grab Ansah, or Jordan if either is available at 9, and if their smart they will grab M Elam to fill the other Safety position in the 2nd, our offense will suck even if we drafted 11 1st, and 2nd round offensive players in this years draft, screw it build the D let Sanchez run the O into the ground, rebuild that side of the ball with next years cap room, and early draft picks. If we find a QB who can not suck somewhere between now, and opening day 2014 this team should be a playoff team it's not that difficult to turn things around in 1 year in today's NFL IF, HUGE IF the decisions are good, that falls on Idzik, and nobody knows if he is capable, or not capable to accomplish this all we can do is sit back, and watch, and hope he is the right man for the job.

Ape, April 1775:

"Wahhh, wahhh, yeah, yeah, the British are coming. Stop acting like a woman, Revere!"

T0mShane

"Why fight?  The British are too powerful, numerous and well organized.  The Continental Army is years from being competitive and we will not be able to develop a winning navy this year.   Washington lost on Long Island, Harlem and White Plains and had to evacuate Fort Lee.  We will replace him in a year or two and then we can fight."

T0mShane

"Why fight?  The British are too powerful, numerous and well organized.  The Continental Army is years from being competitive and we will not be able to develop a winning navy this year.   Washington lost on Long Island, Harlem and White Plains and had to evacuate Fort Lee.  We will replace him in a year or two and then we can fight."

Nonsense. I'd be all, "Listen, dudes. Self-rule is overrated and, if we just chill, the Beatles, Zeppelin, and Rolling Stones will be American bands. Who's down?"

I stand by what I said, FA is only in it's infancy. You are all acting like women.

No no no, Ape.  You must be the day 1 FA champion to be a contender next season.

The Jets are ****ed and the Chiefs are probably going to play the Dolphags for a chance at the SB.

2 starting DL's gone, 3 starting LB's gone, Revis and Landry probably gone. And maybe even Bell.

Thats 7, maybe 8 out of 11 starters likely gone. Rex is the defense, never got to involved in the offense. If 7 or 8 new starters on the defensive side of the ball doesn't spell adios, then Rex must have pics of Woody doing somethjing un-natural.

Everyone who knows me knows I am not a doomsslayer, but where do you see a + in this equation?

How does this say adios Rex? Rex drafted M Wilk, Ellis, and Colpes to be HIS starting DL, and signed Mcyntyre, and drafted D Davis to start at LB, and drafted Bush, and Allen in the hopes one would step in after Landry, and Bell were done here. And he will probably draft another starter round 1, and possibly a 2nd in the 2nd, or 3rd round, so the WHOLE D will have Rex's finger prints on it, your statement makes zero sense.

No no no, Ape.  You must be the day 1 FA champion to be a contender next season.

The Jets are ****ed and the Chiefs are probably going to play the Dolphags for a chance at the SB.

Yes. It's a lack of activity on the first day of free agency that completely ruined the Rex Era. Tuesday, March 12th, it all fell apart.

How does this say adios Rex? Rex drafted M Wilk, Ellis, and Colpes to be HIS starting DL, and signed Mcyntyre, and drafted D Davis to start at LB, and drafted Bush, and Allen in the hopes one would step in after Landry, and Bell were done here. And he will probably draft another starter round 1, and possibly a 2nd in the 2nd, or 3rd round, so the WHOLE D will have Rex's finger prints on it, your statement makes zero sense.

So Rex WAS drafting players. Thought so.

T0mShane

This is the POST OF THE WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Revis is as good as gone. The Cromartie deal tells us so. 

All the Cromartie deal tells us is the Jets are committed to let Cromartie play out his whole contract which if last year is what their basing it off is a good decision, Rex wants both CB's don't be fooled by POSSIBLE smoke screen to gain leverage with Revis, or other trading partners for Revis, the Jets would be foolish not to do this.

Yes. It's a lack of activity on the first day of free agency that completely ruined the Rex Era. Tuesday, March 12th, it all fell apart.

I know, thats what I'm saying.  Besides, he doesnt know anything about Football and is a horrible coach in every aspect of the game.

Idzik is literally going to sign the worst players possible to multiple year deals, blame it on Rex Ryan, sabotage the season, all so he can bring in his guy  next year and then get serious about building a roster.  Because thats what a GM serious about winning would do. 

No FA signings, no draft, no clue what the roster will look like in Sept. 

What if the roster doesnt improve and Rex ends up pulling out a miracle season?  Still finished?

Rex can’t be happy about losing Revis, Landry, Bell, Pouha, and DeVito on his defense.

With that said, I agree with you, the Jets haven’t been players at all yet, and they now have $16,000,000 in cap space, and Tebow is still on the team.

They are going to add a bunch of decent players at a reasonable price, plus they will have extra picks in what ever they get for Revis.

If Garrard can stay healthy, and from what I’ve read, his work out, and physical went great, that alone makes the Jets a much better team.  The guy was a Pro Bowler 2010.  IMO he was the best QB out there, and the Jets got him  for 1.1 million.  Nice move by Idzik.

IMO Rex is a great DC, and a winning HC.  He is also a crappy  FO kind of guy, and had to much influence on Tannenbaum.  The Aso fiasco a few years ago is evidence of that.  Thank God the Eagles won that.  The loss of Rex’s D players this year indicates to me, those days are over.  Idzik is running the show.

So far Idzik has done well in the Garrard, Holmes, and Cro contracts.  Now we find out what kind of a personnel guy he is.  Is this money going to be spent wisely, and will he have a productive draft?

If he does, and Garrard stays healthy, I think the Jets will compete next year.  If he is only a cap guy, not so much.  I think he’s both 

You do realize that the teams that usually win in the early free agency period usually end up losing in the standings and then paying for it later on with the salary cap ramifications?

Wrong. Free agency ended last night.  Jets failed.  Nobody left to sign.  The fix is in.  Bye bye Rex Ryan.

Revis is as good as gone. The Cromartie deal tells us so. 

I agree with this.  It's also another reason not to panic.  We don't even know what the compensation will be.  If they are only getting 2014 picks I would say it goes against Rex, but otherwise he will have those guys to coach.

So Rex WAS drafting players. Thought so.

I was going to say the same thing.  I don't see any of this as an indictment of Rex.  At least no more than anything that happened prior.  If you want to maximize your chances, I think it might be best to force Rex to coach up some young/worse players on D and try to build up the O a bit.  If Rex succeeds with less, great.  If not, he is gone just as most predict.

On the Titanic:

Ape: "Why are you all running? Because there aren't enough lifeboats, the water is freezing, and the nearest boat that's not sinking is four hours away? Pussies."

slats: "If you haven't drowned yet, you're still alive. So chill."

Gato: "Lulz Titanic people are so funny. 'Oh, the boat is sinking!' It can still float if some extremely unlikely event happens, dummy. You prolly think every boat sinkzzzzzzzzz." 

JiF: "I love the Titanic. It's the best ship ever. Oh, it's taking on water? This is the worst ship ever. I was just kidding about it being the best ship ever. Gay."

Ape, April 1775:

"Wahhh, wahhh, yeah, yeah, the British are coming. Stop acting like a woman, Revere!"

It says a lot about you that you'd equate the first <24 hours of free agency to "the British are coming". LOL

On the Titanic:

Ape: "Why are you all running? Because there aren't enough lifeboats, the water is freezing, and the nearest boat that's not sinking is four hours away? Pussies."

slats: "If you haven't drowned yet, you're still alive. So chill."

Gato: "Lulz Titanic people are so funny. 'Oh, the boat is sinking!' It can still float if some extremely unlikely event happens, dummy. You prolly think every boat sinkzzzzzzzzz." 

JiF: "I love the Titanic. It's the best ship ever. Oh, it's taking on water? This is the worst ship ever. I was just kidding about it being the best ship ever. Gay."

Dude, so funny!!!! 

Now do the super smart always right guys. 

Archived