Ideal, Could Live With, Do Not Want

CrazyCarl40

Since we have a long time before the draft starts let's play a little game. If the Jets pick at 9 and 13 (for arguments sake, let's not predict trades for this experiment) who is your ideal guy at those picks, a few guys you could live with and a few guys you absolutely do not want. I think it would be interesting and fun to see the responses and kill some time before we boo. This is all opinion so let's try to be cordial. I'll start:

Pick #9:

Ideal: Dion Jordan

Could Live With: Mingo, a Guard, Star

Do Not Want: Geno, Austin, Patterson, Jarvis Jones, Ansah

Pick #13:

Ideal: Tyler Eifert

Could Live With: Austin, a guard, Geno

Do Not Want: Patterson, Jarvis Jones, ANY corner (too much pressure and Revis comparisons), Nassib

Basically, I don't think WR is value top ten and Patterson can't run routes. Not a huge fan of Austin, but he could be a weapon at 13 if used properly. Not in love with Geno but I could live with him if Idzik and Marty think he's the guy, but he's the only QB I'd consider at all, I don't want Jones, or Ogletree for that matter, but I don't think anyone is considering Ogletree in the first 15 anyway. I don't really want a CB in the first round either. That just seems like we'd be asking a lot of that kid.

What do you all have?

#9. - Ideal: Jordan

Could live with: Mingo, Ansah, Austin, Star

Do not want: any guard, QB, Milliner

#13. - Ideal: Trade down

Could live with: Austin, Eifert, Jordan, Vaccaro

Do not want: any guard, QB, CB

The Jets aren't taking Eifert at 13. They could trade down for him in the mid 20s though.

Eifert may not be there at 9, let alone 13 or even in the 20's.

We are not talking about a blocking TE here, we are talking about an offensive weapon. TE's who are properly used change the game. If Gronk was healthy in the SB, the Giants don't win their 2nd SB.

He is going to go much higher than people think, and I would have zero problem with the Jets taking him at 9 if they believe in him.

I would strongly prefer him over any WR available in the first round.

We are not talking about a blocking TE here, we are talking about an offensive weapon. TE's who are properly used change the game. If Gronk was healthy in the SB, the Giants don't win their 2nd SB.

He is going to go much higher than people think, and I would have zero problem with the Jets taking him at 9 if they believe in him.

Except he isn't Gronk. Not all "offensive weapon" TE's are created equal as Jet fans should know. Now Eifert will probably be better than Keller but he doesn't have Gronk or Graham's upside.

Except he isn't Gronk. Not all "offensive weapon" TE's are created equal as Jet fans should know. Now Eifert will probably be better than Keller but he doesn't have Gronk or Graham's upside.

I never said anything along the lines of he is Gronk.

All I said is that TE's are not Kyle Brady.

Jet fans act like because we got burnt with Brady and Becht 10-15 years ago that TE's don't have value.

It's a totally different TE these days.

The Jets aren't taking Eifert at 13. They could trade down for him in the mid 20s though.

With the recent popularity of the big play TE and teams attacking the middle of the field more and more, you may see TE's getting a lot of attention in the coming years. Getting the best at number 13 is not out of the question especially when your team just got rid of a big pussy at the position. If you think we can trade out of 9 or 13 and still get this kid then I agree but I think no matter how we do it we need to get him.

With the recent popularity of the big play TE and teams attacking the middle of the field more and more, you may see TE's getting a lot of attention in the coming years. Getting the best at number 13 is not out of the question especially when your team just got rid of a big pussy at the position. If you think we can trade out of 9 or 13 and still get this kid then I agree but I think no matter how we do it we need to get him.

I agree completely.

We need impact players on both sides of the ball, preferably on offense.

And 5'8 receivers scare the living crap out of me.

I never said anything along the lines of he is Gronk.

All I said is that TE's are not Kyle Brady.

Jet fans act like because we got burnt with Brady and Becht 10-15 years ago that TE's don't have value.

It's a totally different TE these days.

I'm not saying they don't have value. They do. But not where he's being mocked it us.

I agree completely.

We need impact players on both sides of the ball, preferably on offense.

And 5'8 receivers scare the living crap out of me.

yeah I mean we already have a slot receiver we're grooming in Kerly so why grab another when what we really need is a big posession guy. I say Sign Braylon and draft another WR in round 2 which would give us Braylon, Kerley, Hill, and the second rounder ...... Holmes should be sent the hell out of here next year the bitch was forced to take a pay cut I wonder how that turns out lol .

I'm not saying they don't have value. They do. But not where he's being mocked it us.

Things change man remember when RB's used to be the big first round choice ? Where are they now ? While I think its a really stupid trend in the NFL to not draft the RB early its a trendy league and the trendy teams fail and the teams that do it their way (Steelers/Pats/Niners) always seem to draft better than everyone else .

Things change man remember when RB's used to be the big first round choice ? Where are they now ? While I think its a really stupid trend in the NFL to not draft the RB early its a trendy league and the trendy teams fail and the teams that do it their way (Steelers/Pats/Niners) always seem to draft better than everyone else .

This is very true, but I will say I completely understand why the RB has lost value in the NFL.

It has become such a passing league, that short of an Adrian Peterson freak, RB's just cannot carry a team the way the used to be able to.

The Pats have been a mediocre drafting team for years. 

You rather have Eifert then Austin? lol   Omg...  What's wrong you don't like Escobar or Ertz?

#9. - Ideal: Jordan

Could live with: Mingo, Ansah, Austin, Star

Do not want: any guard, QB, Milliner

#13. - Ideal: Trade down

Could live with: Austin, Eifert, Jordan, Vaccaro

Do not want: any guard, QB, CB

You may get what you want, they're saying Cooper is shooting up the board and may go top 6. People saying he's best player in draft.

Archived