Can San-Cheese Be Traded???

budda12ax7

Not unless you have a Delorean and if you had a car that could take us back in time I would rather go further back and abort Tanny or just kick his first abacus out of his hand cause he clearly couldn't work it right anyway. He couldn't grasp what was going on with the beads he pushed to the left that had to be counted later.

No ones taking on that contract. He will be cut June 1st. (Lower cap hit).

If the Jets are willing to eat the entire contract by cutting him, they should be willing to eat the majority of it to try to get something back in a trade for him. That would be my thinking, anyway. They could do that by converting most of his idiotically guaranteed salary into a bonus, or maybe in the parameters of the trade if Sanchez didn't feel like helping them move him (but I think he'd be happy to be traded at this point). 

And they can cut him at any time and designate him a June 1 cut for cap purposes, they don't have to wait for the date. 

If the Jets are willing to eat the entire contract by cutting him, they should be willing to eat the majority of it to try to get something back in a trade for him. That would be my thinking, anyway. They could do that by converting most of his idiotically guaranteed salary into a bonus, or maybe in the parameters of the trade if Sanchez didn't feel like helping them move him (but I think he'd be happy to be traded at this point). 

And they can cut him at any time and designate him a June 1 cut for cap purposes, they don't have to wait for the date. 

This is true however I believe the cap hit for trading Sanchez would make it more feasible to just cut him. I'm not sure about this but I have seen a post that stated that the cap hit for trading Sanchez us greater than the hit for cutting him

I just checked and I was wrong according to Bloomberg "New York would face a $17.1 million salary cap hit if it cut Sanchez, who has made 50 turnovers in the last two seasons. A trade of Sanchez would still count $8.9 million toward the Jets’ salary cap next season, and the team probably also would have to pay a sizable portion of the $8.25 million he’s guaranteed in 2013, said Andrew Brandt, a former NFL executive and now an ESPN business analyst."

Therefore trading him would make more sense but the problem is who would wanna take up even half of that contract

Tanny should be fired from his next 2 jobs, for this contract ext alone.

What do you mean? I was told it was a smart contract last year because there was no chance of Sanchez not being the QB for the next 2 years anyway.  Plus Tannenbaum needed the extra cap space to put together our superbowl contending 2012 team.

Whatever.  The giant hole it's dug us into allowed us to to a total makeover instead of doing a slow peel off of the band-aid over the course of 3 seasons (during which time we win nothing but theoretically are somewhat more competitive at least in 2013).  Forced us to go with a rookie as the next QB instead of risking a larger contract on hopes that someone like Carson Palmer could come in here (for Sanchez money) and magically turn his career around.

What do you mean? I was told it was a smart contract last year because there was no chance of Sanchez not being the QB for the next 2 years anyway.  Plus Tannenbaum needed the extra cap space to put together our superbowl contending 2012 team.

Whatever.  The giant hole it's dug us into allowed us to to a total makeover instead of doing a slow peel off of the band-aid over the course of 3 seasons (during which time we win nothing but theoretically are somewhat more competitive at least in 2013).  Forced us to go with a rookie as the next QB instead of risking a larger contract on hopes that someone like Carson Palmer could come in here (for Sanchez money) and magically turn his career around.

I prefer taking the year the see what a rookie has to bringing in some mediocre vet like Carson Palmer who might win a few more games but won't be the long term solution. The same pretty much goes for all the QB's who changed teams this offseason. 

I prefer taking the year the see what a rookie has to bringing in some mediocre vet like Carson Palmer who might win a few more games but won't be the long term solution. The same pretty much goes for all the QB's who changed teams this offseason. 

Agree, but who knows, maybe Tannenbaum isn't even fired if not for the mess that the Sanchez extension put us in.  If we weren't trapped into Sanchez's his extension we'd have had enough cap space to get a bit more expensive veteran QB than David Garrard.  And if Tannenbaum was given one more year I bet he goes that route in hopes of saving his own skin.

I'm just saying that, like in other areas of life, sometimes you need to hit rock bottom first.

What do you mean? I was told it was a smart contract last year because there was no chance of Sanchez not being the QB for the next 2 years anyway. Plus Tannenbaum needed the extra cap space to put together our superbowl contending 2012 team.

Whatever. The giant hole it's dug us into allowed us to to a total makeover instead of doing a slow peel off of the band-aid over the course of 3 seasons (during which time we win nothing but theoretically are somewhat more competitive at least in 2013). Forced us to go with a rookie as the next QB instead of risking a larger contract on hopes that someone like Carson Palmer could come in here (for Sanchez money) and magically turn his career around.

You are 100% right.

I often find myself appreciating my bitch of an ex girlfriend and her bipolar ways...which caused me to frequint strip clubs and bless me with my happliy ever after...lol....KIDDING!

Dude I saw him try and catch a punt before. he does not have the skill set to be a sign dancer. Those guys are gifted.

Oh god...ye of little faith!

Dont you know a circus clown act when you see one!

Archived