Kanye West's "Yeezus" Drops on June 18th

SenorGato

I have fallen out of the music thing, but theres no way I miss a Kanye album. Prepare to have your mind blown. A studio version of Black Skinheads? :drool:

If this album is anywhere near what every other (5) album has been, yes including 808s, does this make him the greatest hip hop artist of all time? ****, is he already there?

I have fallen out of the music thing, but theres no way I miss a Kanye album. Prepare to have your mind blown. A studio version of Black Skinheads? :drool:

If this album is anywhere near what every other (5) album has been, yes including 808s, does this make him the greatest hip hop artist of all time? ****, is he already there?

no

Yes.

Greatest of all time?  2pac will forever hold that title IMO.

I'll take Lil Wayne over Kayne.  Maybe even Drake (that dudes making some solid music these days).

I'll play Tribe over Kayne any day.

Now that I think about it, Kayne's pretty low on my list though I do like his music even though he's a douche. 

I'll take Lil Wayne over Kayne.  Maybe even Drake (that dudes making some solid music these days).

Now that I think about it, Kayne's pretty low on my list though I do like his music even though he's a douche. 

No. Same for Drake. 

Overall I probably jumped the gun. 

oC0OZ.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hm, I think he took the 2000's pretty soundly, and landing a decade has to at least put him in the conversation.

Everyone has been playing second fiddle to Jay-Z since Biggie and 2Pac died.

Are we classifying Hip-Hop and Rap differently? 

It would appear that way, yes. Rap was underground music and interesting. Hip-hop is the billboard pop spinoff of Rap, and is almost entirely audio fecal matter.

LOL

I don't listen to any of this sh*t anymore, but what a faggoty post this is.

Everyone has been playing second fiddle to Jay-Z since Biggie and 2Pac died.

It would appear that way, yes. Rap was underground music and interesting. Hip-hop is the billboard pop spinoff of Rap, and is almost entirely audio fecal matter.

LOL

I don't listen to any of this sh*t anymore, but what a faggoty post this is.

Not sure why.  2pac is the GOAT.  Lil Wayne's pretty awesome.  Super versatile and Drake has some serious skill.  And Tribe might be the best hip-hop group of all time.

Not sure why.  2pac is the GOAT.  Lil Wayne's pretty awesome.  Super versatile and Drake has some serious skill.  And Tribe might be the best hip-hop group of all time.

No argument on Tribe.

The rest of what you say is teh homo. Hip hop has become a ******* joke, I don't care who is versatile or talented. The artform is deplete of authenticity or meaningfulness. It's garbage, like most music now. 

No argument on Tribe.

The rest of what you say is teh homo. Hip hop has become a ******* joke, I don't care who is versatile or talented. The artform is deplete of authenticity or meaningfulness. It's garbage, like most music now.

In general, I agree with your take on the rap industry. But with these 2, you're take is misguided. Lil Wayne is extremely talented, versatile and authentic. The only rapper I can think of who's done an entire album with a band, making all sorts of songs, everything from punk to metal to alt rock. Dude is hands down the best self-indulgent rapper of our time IMO. The guy is completely across the board with what he can deliver. And Drake has an incredible ability of being able to mix R&B in with his extremely talented lyrical skills as a rapper. He can provide his own R&B hook because he's got a great singing voice. Its an impressive art in which I cant think of a single rapper in history who's even attempted it let alone pull it off phenomenally. The tracks these guys do together are top notch. The best rap since the Death Row/Bad Boy days IMO.

I'm not one to knock people on what they listen too...its music, you like what you like. But you're take on these 2 is off. You might not like their music, which is fine, but if its because you dont think they are authentic, then I'd venture to say you probably havent heard much of what they've produced. Nobody else is doing/has done what these 2 guys can do.

In general, I agree with your take on the rap industry. But with these 2, you're take is misguided. Lil Wayne is extremely talented, versatile and authentic. The only rapper I can think of who's done an entire album with a band, making all sorts of songs, everything from punk to metal to alt rock. Dude is hands down the best self-indulgent rapper of our time IMO. The guy is completely across the board with what he can deliver. And Drake has an incredible ability of being able to mix R&B in with his extremely talented lyrical skills as a rapper. He can provide his own R&B hook because he's got a great singing voice. Its an impressive art in which I cant think of a single rapper in history who's even attempted it let alone pull it off phenomenally. The tracks these guys do together are top notch. The best rap since the Death Row/Bad Boy days IMO.

I'm not one to knock people on what they listen too...its music, you like what you like. But you're take on these 2 is off. You might not like their music, which is fine, but if its because you dont think they are authentic, then I'd venture to say you probably havent heard much of what they've produced. Nobody else is doing/has done what these 2 guys can do.

You sound like a fangril. LOL

It sucks.

Artists lived their sh*t, then wrote it, then bootstrapped laying down the recording. It was authentic as an artform, it was not a product. I'm sure there are MUCH more talented performers now in hip hop, but ultimately it's not art anymore. It's a product. Hip hop consists of performers doing their best at disingenuously mimicking what rap once was... it's similar to what punk rock devolved into.

No artistry. No plight. Just performers and products. No heart. No soul. 

I'll take your word for it, since you sound SOOPERSERIUS in your reviews here, but that won't change the point of view from which I trolled you. Boom.

Archived