Leelou's Princess Bride Mafia - Game thread

Leelou

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha..  While catching up I planned on coming in to scold everyone for voting Darthe yet again on day 1...  I was legitimately annoyed.

I still think it's stupid lynching him every day 1 but this time it actually worked.

I dont' know what happened in your last game with him, but my vote on him was tied to a case. You should read it. 

GFY with the "scolding" you floppy-wristed self-important pile of colon polyps.

Cool, one less sucker to go. Self-voting? Seriously?

I hate that I have to agree with Nolder, but that's close to a policy lynch worth material.

Sounds like someone can't help but try to put in motion the setup for next day's lynch. Scum being greedy vs. smart = scum trying to pick low-hanging fruit. (80 is the fruit.)

Ping.

LOL Oh Darthe.  The term for scum bumbling its way to a D1 lynch can no longer be called Irish Jetting yourself.  I hereby re-name it Dartheing yourself.

Pretty sure Darthe's already got a move that he's used that nickname for.

Out of curiosity Ape, what do you think of policy lynching?

It's stupid, just like "lynch Nolder wednesdays". I've always said so.

If you don't like the way someone is conducting themselves, or playing, in a particular game.... such as lurking, or doing derpy things like self-voting... then you vote them for it, but don't trump it up to a "policy lynch" and de-couple it from the game play - because that creates a veil for scum to piggy-back and get a free lynch without them taking risk. Vote people with real reasons, and let the game be played.

It's stupid, just like "lynch Nolder wednesdays". I've always said so.

If you don't like the way someone is conducting themselves, or playing, in a particular game.... such as lurking, or doing derpy things like self-voting... then you vote them for it, but don't trump it up to a "policy lynch" and de-couple it from the game play - because that creates a veil for scum to piggy-back and get a free lynch without them taking risk. Vote people with real reasons, and let the game be played.

So you don't think there is ever a situation where a "required" lynch is justified?

Examples that come to mind are "lynch all liars", a claimed miller, a claimed SK.

So you don't think there is ever a situation where a "required" lynch is justified?

Examples that come to mind are "lynch all liars", a claimed miller, a claimed SK.

Catching a liar is gameplay related, and it depends on the context.

A miller claim is also gameplay related.

Asking me about lynching a SK is stupid.

Policy lynching, to me, is more like situations where "it's wednesday, let's lynch Nolder" and not vetting that choice against anything related to the game, or "someone self-voted, up here on my high horse I'd never do that, let's policy lynch that person". Those contexts are more what I think of as "policy" lynches.

The things you asked about are more like "obvious" lynches, where unless there are extenuating circumstances (see: context) you are obviously going to lynch those people, but it's at least related to something that happened IN the game. 

Some might think this is semantics, I don't. I think there's an important distinction.

Lynch All Liars is stupid. Not sure why you would want to lynch a claimed miller regardless of situation and sometimes you need the SK to win the game so wtf is this supposed to mean?

See I think self voting is always a bad move unless you're a fool/jester.

If you're scum you're almost always doing it in a bid for sympathy (See: Darthe).

If you're town you're doing the same thing but also putting yourself unnecessarily in a worse position than you were before. I see that as playing against your win condition even if the goal of the move is to eventually unvote yourself after pressure is off. As you said over on DM the goal is to help your alignment win not keep yourself alive and I think self voting never moves the game forward for your team, just yourself. If you're scum yeah part of your job is to keep your teams numbers up so it makes sense but not for town.

Put simply, I don't think there is a way to distinguish between scum making a bid for sympathy and town doing the same so it's best to always lynch someone who self votes, even if it's just because it's a dumb move and I don't want the dumbass who does it on my team to screw things up more later on.

See I think self voting is always a bad move unless you're a fool/jester.

If you're scum you're almost always doing it in a bid for sympathy (See: Darthe).

If you're town you're doing the same thing but also putting yourself unnecessarily in a worse position than you were before. I see that as playing against your win condition even if the goal of the move is to eventually unvote yourself after pressure is off. As you said over on DM the goal is to help your alignment win not keep yourself alive and I think self voting never moves the game forward for your team, just yourself. If you're scum yeah part of your job is to keep your teams numbers up so it makes sense but not for town.

Put simply, I don't think there is a way to distinguish between scum making a bid for sympathy and town doing the same so it's best to always lynch someone who self votes, even if it's just because it's a dumb move and I don't want the dumbass who does it on my team to screw things up more later on.

I'm a village idiot.  Not my role in this game, my role in Mafia every game.  That's why I self-vote.  I play like I don't read my role PM's.  Which I usually don't.  But this time I did.  Good/bad news for everyone:  I'm town.

Remember when we lynched you that one time you were a horse?  Good times.  I want to kill a horse again.

I dont' know what happened in your last game with him, but my vote on him was tied to a case. You should read it. 

GFY with the "scolding" you floppy-wristed self-important pile of colon polyps.

Your "case" was whack.  With all your pre-game whining it was obvious you were voting either Darthe or C dontsqueezethe sharmin.

If anything, I can see Darthes self vote as a way of punishing himself for whatever it was that supposedly wronged you last game.  You might have arranged it in your scum chat.

Lynch All Liars is stupid. Not sure why you would want to lynch a claimed miller regardless of situation and sometimes you need the SK to win the game so wtf is this supposed to mean?

Not sure if serious.

When you have a better lynch, for instance.

When you have a reasonable way to confirm him.

Etc...

That's not what you said, though.  You acted like it was foolish to lynch a miller when scum can easily claim miller (and it's been done here before).  Obviously if there is a better lynch, i.e. cop gets a scum return on his/her investigation, you go in that direction.

It's like you're trying to say things just for the sake of saying things.

That's not what you said, though.  You acted like it was foolish to lynch a miller when scum can easily claim miller (and it's been done here before).  Obviously if there is a better lynch, i.e. cop gets a scum return on his/her investigation, you go in that direction.

It's like you're trying to say things just for the sake of saying things.

And his avatar is creepy. 

Let's go to Burma and steal rubies the size of tangerines, then throw them away!

It's a satchel. Indiana Jones carries one.

And... here... we... go!

BTW...I'm feeling the love today

Archived