Mark Sanchez: "I'm Going to Win, That's Just How I Am

flgreen

I'm not missing the point, you're saying something completely inane. Nobody, whether they're the starting QB of the New York Jets or a custodian, tells their bosses that they should actively bring in someone who could possibly be better at their job than they are and replace them.

If Sanchez had balls he would have done this. He would have said, hey, look you don't have to bring in Joe Montana in his prime, but at least someone who I know if I beat them I deserve to start. Sanchez would never do this because he would lose to every QB in the NFL, including backups.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Sanchez had balls he would have done this. He would have said, hey, look you don't have to bring in Joe Montana in his prime, but at least someone who I know if I beat them I deserve to start. Sanchez would never do this because he would lose to every QB in the NFL, including backups.

Could you show an example of something like you have described occurring at any NFL franchise?

No. Nobody does that. Nobody in ANY job does that.

By the way, it's not Sanchez's job to build a better roster. That was Tannenbaum's job, and he blew it.

Sanchez is a crappy QB, but not because he didn't demand the Jets bring in somebody to replace him.

So your answer is no?

What happened, you searched for about 15 minutes and could not find an example?

No. Nobody does that. Nobody in ANY job does that.

By the way, it's not Sanchez's job to build a better roster. That was Tannenbaum's job, and he blew it.

Sanchez is a crappy QB, but not because he didn't demand the Jets bring in somebody to replace him.

Not to replace him, to COMPETE with him. Anyone worth anything in this world does not want things handed to them, they want to earn it. I want my job because I earn it, not for charity. Sanchez wants his job to be a charity case, and not have to earn it. Right there it shows you what a punk he is. Rex probably wanted to get competition for Sanchez but Tanenbum would not let him becuase he wanted his draft pick to start right away.

What happened, you searched for about 15 minutes and could not find an example?

Not to replace him, to COMPETE with him. Anyone worth anything in this world does not want things handed to them, they want to earn it. I want my job because I earn it, not for charity. Sanchez wants his job to be a charity case, and not have to earn it. Right there it shows you what a punk he is. Rex probably wanted to get competition for Sanchez but Tanenbum would not let him becuase he wanted his draft pick to start right away.

Ok, so we are all clear, Sanchez didn't deserve to start in HS, college or the pros.

:bssign:

nobody comes in and actively asks to compete with someone who might take their job. nobody. and btw, if you can't be replaced, the competition is fixed and is BS anyway. so stop. there are lots of real reasons to dislike Sanchez, you don't need delusional ones too.

Definitely not the pros. Now he has regressed so badly that I don't think he could start for a JV High School team.

I agree with you that Sanchez is so bad he stole a lilttle bit of my soul last year BUT you are wrong that he would go and ask for competition.  I like your enthusiasm but you are absolutely wrong in this.

This guy makes it so easy to dislike him I honestly think I would continue to dislike him even if he was a good QB.

Jets West?............really?? In the face of arguably being the worst starting NFL QB for 2 years in a row you want to conduct a clinic? Please. What a fockin idiot.

This guy makes it so easy to dislike him I honestly think I would continue to dislike him even if he was a good QB.

Jets West?............really?? In the face of arguably being the worst starting NFL QB for 2 years in a row you want to conduct a clinic? Please. What a fockin idiot.

Yes. Please don't hold a camp for you and your teammates to hopefully build some chemistry that could translate on the field.  Especially since the receivers are so good and experienced.  That's a terrible idea.  Just roll into training camp with the status quo and playoffs here we come!

Its' the only explanation for why Rex and Tanenbum would not have brought in real competition, I cannot think of one other valid reason. You may be right, but I cannot force myself to think rationally when it comes to him, and I still think he should have had to win the job, not have it handed to him

Because Rex is a cheerleader and Tannenbaum was abysmal at his job?

Yes. Please don't hold a camp for you and your teammates to hopefully build some chemistry that could translate on the field.  Especially since the receivers are so good and experienced.  That's a terrible idea.  Just roll into training camp with the status quo and playoffs here we come!

Those that can.... just do.

Those that cant.....teach (or fake it)?

Hey if you think having the worst starting QB in the NFL "teaching" your young skill position players is a good idea god bless ya.

Those that can.... just do.

Those that cant.....teach (or fake it)?

Hey if you think having the worst starting QB in the NFL "teaching" your young skill position players is a good idea god bless ya.

He's not the worst in the NFL and it's not as if the coaching staff themselves has done a bang up job.  I doubt that there is much learning going on.  More like repititions and trying to get some rapport down.

Or maybe they're just drinking sangria and making Vine dance videos in banana hammocks.

Exactly. You see any free agent QB's begging to become a Jet to play along with the current crop of wideouts?

You see any FA WRs begging to be on the receiving end of Mark Sanchez's passes? Look how much guaranteed $ we had to overpay Holmes to stay here.  And before we let him hit FA (where he ultimately settled for the veteran minimum on an incentive-laden deal from the we-never-pass 49ers, Braylon supposedly wanted somewhere in the $5-8M/year range from us.

And that wasn't what I was talking about anyway. What I was referring to is the patently ludicrous notion that anyone would desire stiffer competition that might put his 100% secure job in jeopardy (in any profession). I mean, this is a guy who whined about Tim Tebow coming to the team. Like he would ever welcome stiff competition from someone who could actually play QB at the NFL level.

He's not the worst in the NFL and it's not as if the coaching staff themselves has done a bang up job.  I doubt that there is much learning going on.  More like repititions and trying to get some rapport down.

Or maybe they're just drinking sangria and making Vine dance videos in banana hammocks.

If your best defense of MS is "He's not the worst in the NFL" you've made my point for me.

If he doesn't win the job it doesn't mean he's not going to be good.  It means he's not ready yet.

And it isn't like losing out to McElroy.  The Jets have a lot more invested in Sanchez than in Smith.  He has a lot more friends on the team, and more experience playing with them.

Just saying it isn't necessarily a knock on Smith if he doesn't start week 1 no matter how bad Sanchez is.  This team isn't going anywhere anyway.

This.  Using the logic that Geno absolutely has to beat out Sanchez, the 9ers should have sent Kaepernick packing the moment he didn't beat out the colossal bust that was Alex freakin' Smith.

This.  Using the logic that Geno absolutely has to beat out Sanchez, the 9ers should have sent Kaepernick packing the moment he didn't beat out the colossal bust that was Alex freakin' Smith.

Alex Smith is 10000 x better than Sanchez. Not even in the same league.

Alex Smith is nothing more than a game manager, but Sanchez x 1000 is not a game manager.

Alex Smith is 10000 x better than Sanchez. Not even in the same league.

Alex Smith is nothing more than a game manager, but Sanchez x 1000 is not a game manager.

You can say that now, but there's not a single damn person who thought that heading into the 2011 season.  He was easily considered one of the league's biggest busts.  The guy took 4 freakin' years just to post a positive TD/INT ratio for crying out loud.

Of course that's not to say Sanchez will get his sh*t together the way Smith (sort of) did, as he's a pile of hot garbage, but the point is you're making a pretty giant leap here.  It's not exactly unheard of in the NFL for a player to ultimately outperform someone they previously backed up, especially at the QB position where rookies are constantly sat simply to allow them an opportunity to learn.  This has been the case for numerous #1 picks, never mind second rounders.  The Jets decision to start Smith will be 100% based on whether or not they think he's ready for the role, what Sanchez does really won't mean sh*t.  Their #1 concern at the position right now is properly developing Geno, nothing more.

Archived