Practice Report: Sanchez On Fire

flgreen

But meanwhile u want to judge Smith on practice when he hasn't even faced a defense starting defense yet.

I don't think anyone is really judging Smith as a QB yet.  I think at best people are hopeful based on what we've seen thus far.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder why the NFL doesn't take that into account when they are deciding wins and losses.

Wait, I thought #1 CBs were the ones who got sole credit for wins and losses?  Now you've changed your mind, and it's really the QB?  Any of the other 51 players have any say in the matter by chance?

I don't think anyone is really judging Smith as a QB yet.  I think at best people are hopeful based on what we've seen thus far.

That's not entirely accurate, there are certainly some people judging Smith as a QB.  They just so happen to align with a portion of those individuals who are still slurping on Sanchez.

Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell say "hello."

i might agree if neither of those guys ever even tossed one td ever. to put it in perspective lets say russell and leaf NEVER tossed a td and only completed 16 passes in 3 years. idc that you seem to think that they set their franchises back further. i say its not true. vernon gholston wasted a very high draft pick that is supposed to be a high impact player and our pass rush has been stagnant since. plus he killed a sh*t-ton of cap space that could have been spent on a very good player. 30 mil in 3 years is top player type money and we paid that ******* waste of skin 2 million for every one of the pathetic 16 tackles he made. vernon gholston is just about the biggest bust EVER. if he's not number 1 he is in the top 3

i might agree if neither of those guys ever even tossed one td ever. to put it in perspective lets say russell and leaf NEVER tossed a td and only completed 16 passes in 3 years. idc that you seem to think that they set their franchises back further. i say its not true. vernon gholston wasted a very high draft pick that is supposed to be a high impact player and our pass rush has been stagnant since. plus he killed a sh*t-ton of cap space that could have been spent on a very good player. 30 mil in 3 years is top player type money and we paid that ******* waste of skin 2 million for every one of the pathetic 16 tackles he made. vernon gholston is just about the biggest bust EVER. if he's not number 1 he is in the top 3

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/073/481/20240_313366142009_313365882009_3352855_1206890_n.jpg

From what I'm reading, I suspect Sanchez is going to be the starting QB against Tampa.    As a Jets fan I of course hope he is very successful.  wins 11-12 games and makes a strong playoff run.

If Smith wins the job, as a Jets fan I hope he wins 11-12 games and makes a strong playoff run.

I can't help but wonder what fans who are professing personal hate (as if the actually knew him) for Sanchez are going to do, or act like, if the Jets win 12 games this year

Wait, I thought #1 CBs were the ones who got sole credit for wins and losses?  Now you've changed your mind, and it's really the QB?  Any of the other 51 players have any say in the matter by chance?

No no, they're only solely responsible for one or at most, two wins.  The other 14/15 games are decided by the team as a whole. That's bit droppin some knowledge on ya.

From what I'm reading, I suspect Sanchez is going to be the starting QB against Tampa.    As a Jets fan I of course hope he is very successful.  wins 11-12 games and makes a strong playoff run.

If Smith wins the job, as a Jets fan I hope he wins 11-12 games and makes a strong playoff run.

I can't help but wonder what fans who are professing personal hate (as if the actually knew him) for Sanchez are going to do, or act like, if the Jets win 12 games this year

I will be rooting for our team Sept 8th and every game-just expecting the worse with mark as our QB if that is the case

I didn't say that. 

You spent the better part of the 3 months during the Revis saga repeatedly telling everyone how Revis was the difference between the Jets' 2011 8-8 record and their 2012 6-10 record, as well as often crediting him for the Jets' 2 early season victories while he was healthy, despite him leaving both games with injuries.  I find it intriguing that you seem to award credit for a victory to whatever player you decide is most convenient for you to do so at a given time, even if you had previously awarded the credit for that victory to another player.  And further, that a win automatically qualifies the player of your choosing as having a particularly impressive performance, even when that does not align with the reality of what happened in the game (see: Sanchez vs DAL in 2011).

I will be rooting for our team Sept 8th and every game-just expecting the worse with mark as our QB if that is the case

That's cool.  I'll be doing the exact same thing. 

I just find it troubling when  people are actually  "Hating"   and wishing physical injury, and personal destruction on a player on a team that they root for.

Most peculiar  

That's cool.  I'll be doing the exact same thing. 

I just find it troubling when  people are actually  "Hating"   and wishing physical injury, and personal destruction on a player on a team that they root for.

Most peculiar  

lol @ personal destruction

Half of them will rewrite history and say they were always in favor of whoever was best for the team.

The other half will cry that Sanchez and his good season just set the franchise back five years.  Heck, if Sanchez leads the Jets to a SB and wins the MVP award, half of those will STILL be pissed off and say that Geno would have done the same, only better. 

Life as a Jets fan is never dull.

Half of them will rewrite history and say they were always in favor of whoever was best for the team.

The other half will cry that Sanchez and his good season just set the franchise back five years.  Heck, if Sanchez leads the Jets to a SB and wins the MVP award, half of those will STILL be pissed off and say that Geno would have done the same, only better. 

Sanchez and the Jets winning 11-12 games this season WOULD set the franchise back 5 years because it would mean that Sanchez would probably be kept as would Rex, and IMO neither of those things are in the best interests of the team going forward unless Sanchez miraculously and suddenly has become a quality QB, and the odds of that are about the same as me winning the powerball lottery (and I don't even play).

If Sanchez wins a SB for this franchise, he could go on a puppy killing spree and everyone would still love him.  What people are worried about is him making the playoffs on the back of the defense and then the FO using that as an excuse for his good play and we mire in mediocrity for another half dozen years.  Unless he shows massive improvement, he's not a super-winning caliber quarterback.  Wish he were.

Archived