Richardson vs. Revis

Klecko73isGod

Garrard retiring was a blessing in disguise.  Goodson and Ivory are the only signings that I see as being "awful", as of now.  Lots of season left and you never know how things shake out.

Garrard got a bunch of money to retire. I think it was 100k? Antonio Garay and Stephen Peterman got bonus money too. Braylon Edwards? there were several awful signings. And we are thru one week when Colon and Winslow go on IR it won't be a surprise.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I make original contributions all the time.  Made a bunch last night and this morning.  If all I did was wait for you to post and then respond to it, I'd have been called out on it by someone other than just you by now.

As for my username, it is a classic.  But as long as you bring it up, I recall you being a big fan of coach Herm's as well.

it's not fun to play defense is it? Golden rule and what not.

it depends on how we define Instant good. 

Holmes has been lying to the press all year. I was at the game and he looked fine to me. Take it fwiw but he didn't seem limited in anyway. and he played a ton of snaps. They said they would manage his snaps and they gave him as many as he could handle. This is good news for the Jets btw cause they won't face Revis again. Revis was doing his thing where he'd follow Holmes out of the huddle and eventually they stopped throwing his way.

So you know when they're lying and what the truth is.  Gotcha.

How would anyone define instant-good? If you have a special definition, why don't you share it? 

Instant-good is instant-good.  Instant-good is not assumed to have qualifiers such as "instantly he shows flashes of potential that he may or may not ever fully realize but I'm just saying he has potential and that was instantly apparent even in guys who turned into busts."  That is not instantly-good.  That is showing potential.  Big whoop.  Half the guys drafted, who turn into busts, show "flashes".

Garrard got a bunch of money to retire. I think it was 100k? Antonio Garay and Stephen Peterman got bonus money too. Braylon Edwards? there were several awful signings. And we are thru one week when Colon and Winslow go on IR it won't be a surprise.

Pretty sure you have to pay players, even when they're just trying to make the 53 man roster.  Not sure.  Just a guess.

To your credit then, I've always thought you were some kind of draft expert.

one time I was in an internet war against a lawyer on another board and he said that based on my experience, etc he could prove in a court of law that I was an expert on this subject matter, even tho i never promoted myself as such. It was one of the nicest things he's ever said to me. Honestly tho i've lost the stomach for all that side stuff. If anyone can think of a graceful way to shut down a website i'm all ears.

So you know when they're lying and what the truth is.  Gotcha.

How would anyone define instant-good? If you have a special definition, why don't you share it? 

Instant-good is instant-good.  Instant-good is not assumed to have qualifiers such as "instantly he shows flashes of potential that he may or may not ever fully realize but I'm just saying he has potential and that was instantly apparent even in guys who turned into busts."  That is not instantly-good.  That is showing potential.  Big whoop.  Half the guys drafted, who turn into busts, show "flashes".

i dont even know how to respond to that. I can tell you I had great seats yesterday and Holmes looked 100% to me. I didn't see any limp or slowness. Did you see Holmes as any less than normal Holmes? They just ignored him after 1Q  cause he was on Revis Island.

one time I was in an internet war against a lawyer on another board and he said that based on my experience, etc he could prove in a court of law that I was an expert on this subject matter, even tho i never promoted myself as such. It was one of the nicest things he's ever said to me. Honestly tho i've lost the stomach for all that side stuff. If anyone can think of a graceful way to shut down a website i'm all ears.

Wow.  Rumors.  That's exactly how everyone in college thought I had chlamydia!

Yea, why wouldn't Holmes tell the Bucs he is 100 percent and get ready for him!

Oh so now it's "flashes" once someone challenges you on your absurd assertions?  You said, quite clearly, that most pro bowlers and all pros were instant-good.  This is beyond untrue; it's patently ridiculous.

My recollection is that Holmes has said himself that he isn't 100% and that was only 50/50 to play (let alone start).  Players who are 100% are not listed as questionable and are not 50/50 to not play in the game.  If you have other information to the contrary, then show it to us.

You bring all this stuff on yourself.

JN sessions would be hilarious.  I could sit in with a few posters each week and convince them that ultimately they want to have sex with their mothers or that they're secretly gay.  No doubt this would be a bigger draw than Dennis Agaptiatao or Courtney.

Bahahaha awesome.

Come on now he's not Tony Pauline.

Hard to forget when someone that is one of the most prominent posters on the board, who promotes himself as an expert on the material (a fact, not a judgement), makes repeated and unambiguous claims that are extremely contrarian and are so often proven incorrect.

by the way to steer this thread back on course... the Jets threw at Revis 4x in the first half and then never threw his way again. That seems like he's back. 

also some interesting notes about Sheldon, who feasted on Gabe Carimi who was starting in place of Carl Nicks. If we bash Revis for facing a gimpy Holmes why aren't we bashing SHeldon for feasting on Gabe Carimi. Next week he faces Logan Mankins... fwiw.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/09/09/refo-tb-nyj-week-1/

by the way to steer this thread back on course... the Jets threw at Revis 4x in the first half and then never threw his way again. That seems like he's back. 

also some interesting notes about Sheldon, who feasted on Gabe Carimi who was starting in place of Carl Nicks. If we bash Revis for facing a gimpy Holmes why aren't we bashing SHeldon for feasting on Gabe Carimi. Next week he faces Logan Mankins... fwiw.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/09/09/refo-tb-nyj-week-1/

Absolutely no one is bashing Revis for his performance, not even me.  People are simply making the completely legitimate point that it is an unsupportable assumption that if Revis were playing for the Jets and covering Jackson, a completely different player who was 100% healthy, that he would have had the same performance as Holmes, as you were attempting to do.

Nobody is doing anything remotely similar for Sheldon, so there's no need to make the point about who he went up against.  Once again, you are completely misrepresenting both the arguments made and the facts, which is often why you get as much flack for some of your posts as you do.

Revis was Revis yesterday. He was a blanket and he took away HOlmes. on our offense that's no big deal but if we had him taking away Vincent Jackson that would have been huge. Im not taking away anything from Sheldon, who had a great debut and was a great pick. But Revis is an all time great. Just cause he isn't a Jet anymore doesn't mean he sucks.

No one is saying he sucks unless they are dumb. He is just kinda expensive at $333,000 per pass defense. 

Jackson, a completely different player who was 100% healthy, 

the only proof that anyone has that Holmes is not 100% healthy is the statements he and the coaches made in preseason. looking at his play yesterday, he looked 100% to me.  I don't remember hOlmes being any faster or better than he was yesterday. He was just stuck on Revis island.

the only proof that anyone has that Holmes is not 100% healthy is the statements he and the coaches made in preseason. looking at his play yesterday, he looked 100% to me.  I don't remember hOlmes being any faster or better than he was yesterday. He was just stuck on Revis island.

You don't bench your best offensive weapon 40% of the time if they are healthy.

I wish I knew how to make gif's. I'd love to make one of Powell lowering his shoulder on the one first down catch near the sidelines where he trucked Mevi$ instead of going out of bounds. He spun Mevi$ around in a circle and Mevi$ had to come out of the game.

Wish I saw that one

Perhaps, but that is still more than any proof you have to the contrary.  The guy suffered a serious injury and hadn't played a single snap of football in over 11 months heading into yesterday.  Even if we assume Holmes is 100%, that doesn't change the reality that he and Jackson are completely different players.

Either way, still not sure how this in any qualifies as bashing Revis or has any relevance to why we should apparently be criticizing Richardson because of the guard he faced.

why do you guys waste time with bitonti ?

it's obvious idzik pissed on him at some scouting thingy and he has some weird emotional hang up with him

waste of time

Really? You think any head coach would care about Internet draft guy?

Wish I saw that one

They showed the replay but stopped short of watching him somewhat helicopter around before going to the sideline.  It was pretty awesome.  Powell gave him a little stare down.  I cant find it anywhere.  It almost makes me want to buy NFL rewind to watch it again. lulza

Yea, why wouldn't Holmes tell the Bucs he is 100 percent and get ready for him!

So he's been back practicing for basically 1 week after missing 2/3 of last season.  97% of his physical exertion for the past 10-11 months has been rehab/physical therapy.  Why on earth would anyone expect him to be any less than 100%? A ludicrous insinuation, in light of the team saying he's 50/50 to play, Holmes himself saying he's not 100% and didn't know what week he'd even return.  Then there's that other thing, that no skill position player (WR, RB, CB types) ever been able to come back from this type of injury and be the same player as he was before.

I dismiss that, in the absence of any proof or even so much as a rumor, that everything that we know must be a lie to fulfill a weak online argument.

why do you guys waste time with bitonti ?

it's obvious idzik pissed on him at some scouting thingy and he has some weird emotional hang up with him

waste of time

this thread is called Richardson vs Revis. Who would you rather have straight up? I don't want to talk about who will be better in 5 years or who is the better value. You guys all made a dumb assessment and I am correcting you. That's my agenda. You can thank me later.

JN sessions would be hilarious. I could sit in with a few posters each week and convince them that ultimately they want to have sex with their mothers or that they're secretly gay. No doubt this would be a bigger draw than Dennis Agaptiatao or Courtney.

1. I was very conflicted about my mother. I had great respect for her plight, but found her parenting skills (and effort in that area) to be wanting.

2. The sight of an uncloaked penis disgusts me.

this thread is called Richardson vs Revis. Who would you rather have straight up? I don't want to talk about who will be better in 5 years or who is the better value. You guys all made a dumb assessment and I am correcting you. That's my agenda. You can thank me later.

I'd rather have this situation now--lots of cap space, a few promising young players, a clean slate in 2014--than be stuck with a non-QB chewing up that much cap space. In all likelihood, the Bucs will cut Revis at the end of next season because his contract is just too expensive. Revis won't win a Super Bowl for them just like he wasn't going to win one here in the next two years, so what would be the point of paying him?

1. I was very conflicted about my mother. I had great respect for her plight, but found her parenting skills (and effort in that area) to be wanting.

2. The sight of an uncloaked penis disgusts me.

1.  my mother's gravy and meatballs prevented me from paying too much attention to anything else.

2.  I still wonder why my penis only has one eye. 

I'd rather have this situation now--lots of cap space, a few promising young players, a clean slate in 2014--than be stuck with a non-QB chewing up that much cap space. In all likelihood, the Bucs will cut Revis at the end of next season because his contract is just too expensive. Revis won't win a Super Bowl for them just like he wasn't going to win one here in the next two years, so what would be the point of paying him?

without looking it up the Jets are paying Cro 10ish mil is he 66% of Revis?  

people talk about cap space and Super Bowls but it's not like the Bucs can decide to pay Aaron Rodgers instead of Josh Freeman. 

he was on the field at the start and at the end. He was fine when he played they never targeted him after the first half.

I see our problem, I was going by the universally accepted definition of "whole", when I should have been going by the Bitonti version. 

people talk about cap space and Super Bowls but it's not like the Bucs can decide to pay Aaron Rodgers instead of Josh Freeman.

But you can't do anything without cap space other than sit around and watch atrophy tear your roster to expensive little shreds.

Ahh, the old "if you can't spend the money on a top 5 QB you might as well throw it all at Revis" argument.  I thought we lost that one, well done.

Archived