SANTONIO HOLMES

CobraVerde

I'm pretty sure one of the announcers said it during the Jets/Giants preseason game.

you know what I think I remember that but he was wrong. Cruz was never a Jet Ryan just talked him up so much after that pre season game and would not shut his big trap about it that it might have given the wrong impression. I think it was Buttle who actually made that comment and Buttle is a borderline idiot so.....

you know what I think I remember that but he was wrong. Cruz was never a Jet Ryan just talked him up so much after that pre season game and would not shut his big trap about it that it might have given the wrong impression. I think it was Buttle who actually made that comment and Buttle is a borderline idiot so.....

Excuse me, borderline?

I pose the question to you again, what has Spadola shown? Go back to his high school days if you must.

Ummm actually the kid played pretty damn well for Lehigh in college, look up the highlights, and wasn't bad at all in this preseason. Did something Gates can't do, which is catch the damn ball.

sans fumble great job by Tone. Finally got to see an end zone fly by...

Seriously. Its been so damn long. Great to see it.

He's going to prove himself to be a valuable weapon as a Jet once again, though those were the Yets Jets. 

If the Jets turn this into a 2009 type season say winning 10 games, and Holmes is Geno's favorite target by far, say 60-70 catches 1100-1300 yards, and 5-8 TD's, and doesn't cause any off the field, or locker room BS do the Jets entertain not cutting Holmes?  Maybe they can get him to take a pay cut, but with all the cap space available next season, and say none of the big time WR's shake loose in FA, or non of them have a better year, AND most importantly REX is still the HC, I think the Jets have to try the Holmes marriage 1 more season in any scenario where he finds great chemistry with G Smith, and Smith proves to be the unquestioned 2014 option at QB (I will leave it at 2014 because Sanchez was the unquestioned anwser after the 2009 season, but not 2 years later).

If the Jets turn this into a 2009 type season say winning 10 games, and Holmes is Geno's favorite target by far, say 60-70 catches 1100-1300 yards, and 5-8 TD's, and doesn't cause any off the field, or locker room BS do the Jets entertain not cutting Holmes?  Maybe they can get him to take a pay cut, but with all the cap space available next season, and say none of the big time WR's shake loose in FA, or non of them have a better year, AND most importantly REX is still the HC, I think the Jets have to try the Holmes marriage 1 more season in any scenario where he finds great chemistry with G Smith, and Smith proves to be the unquestioned 2014 option at QB (I will leave it at 2014 because Sanchez was the unquestioned anwser after the 2009 season, but not 2 years later).

If Holmes continues to earn his pay, the Jets have the cap space (which they likely will) and there are holes to fill elsewhere, I don't know why they wouldn't bring him back.

If he has a clean attitude, and sees 1,000 yards... he will be back. But knowing that dude, no way he takes a pay cut.

Not sure his contract details, I'm sure Spermy can fill it in much better than myself, but I'm fairly certain it was a quite heavily front-loaded contract and he'd only be seeing something like $8.5 and $6.5 mill the last two years, respectively.  So if the scenario is that he puts up close to the 1000 yards and half dozen tds, then I'd say you just keep him as that's not too unreasonable a number to pay for a guy who won't turn 30 till next year.  

Tone had 3 catches yesterday that were better than anything we've seen on this team in a long, long time.  The one on the Hill TD drive, where Geno threw it short and wide and Holmes made the side-winding dive to get it was amazing.  Then the double move over the shoulder adjustment right after the overturned fumble call was epic.  And finally, the all effort bomb he took to the house was the cherry on top.  

How many go ahead TD's catches does this dude have in his carer?  Homles is clutch.  Tone Time!!!

Tone had 3 catches yesterday that were better than anything we've seen on this team in a long, long time.  The one on the Hill TD drive, where Geno threw it short and wide and Holmes made the side-winding dive to get it was amazing.  Then the double move over the shoulder adjustment right after the overturned fumble call was epic.  And finally, the all effort bomb he took to the house was the cherry on top.  

How many go ahead TD's catches does this dude have in his carer?  Homles is clutch.  Tone Time!!!

Agree now that we have a QB who can throw the ball we should see good things from Holmes and Hill hopefully.

If he has a clean attitude, and sees 1,000 yards... he will be back. But knowing that dude, no way he takes a pay cut.

He'll take the pay cut if he thinks the Jets offer is still more than what he'd likely see in free agency. He's got $17.5M coming to him over the next two seasons. There's probably some room to negotiate in there.

Archived