Cannizzaro: Now's a Good Time to Start Taking Jets Seriously

flgreen

Agree, yes it does seem ugly but in order to put it in context I would like to see the recent records of every NFL  team in games decided by 4 pts or less. If I had to guess i would say Green Bay is somewhere around the median but I am too lazy to research it.

Also, regarding any stat that says Mark Sanchez and T.T. have more 4th quarter comeback wins than Aaron Rogers only diminishes the the value of 4th quarter wins.

For every team that loses a game decided by 4 pts or less, there is a team that wins by 4 pts or less.  There is no need to do research, the mean is .500 and the median, barring one or two teams having insanely good records (which, again, would be a strike against Rodgers) should be relatively close as well.

Interesting stat.  Jaguars will lead the league in losing the fewest games by 4 points or less this season. 

In fact, it's almost a certainty they won't lose a single game by 4 points or less.

Impressive!

So your argument is at least Aaron Rodgers gets in to situations that allow him to lose by 4 points or less far more often than he wins by 4 points or less as opposed to being blown out?

Nothing new for the Jets to be picked as the worst team in the league and come out and beat teams to surprise everyone.  Also nothing new for us to be picked to be good and we underachieve.  "underdogs for life player!!"

I could not agree more. It just..... Feels right. No?

Is that true? 

Yup

Rodgers reminds me of Tiger Woods, when the dude is on you are not beating him, and you don't even get a chance, he puts you away in the 2nd quarter, but when he is struggling, and needs to dig down deep for that little extra on days he just doesn't have it, not happening he still just doesn't have it that day.

Yup

Rodgers reminds me of Tiger Woods, when the dude is on you are not beating him, and you don't even get a chance, he puts you away in the 2nd quarter, but when he is struggling, and needs to dig down deep for that little extra on days he just doesn't have it, not happening he still just doesn't have it that day.

Except Tiger used to come back on Sundays when he was behind and win all the time...

Except Tiger used to come back on Sundays when he was behind and win all the time...

Tiger has ZERO wins in a Major when he didn't have the lead, or a share of the lead after 54 holes, Tiger himself said all that matters to him is how many Majors he wins, so you are INCORRECT Tiger has never COMPLETED a come back on a SUNDAY, yes he has come back after 36 holes to take a 54 hole lead, but NEVER after 54 holes.

Yup

Interesting.  Though I don't know if I'd peg this last loss on him.  His 3rd string, rookie RB fumbled the game away.  

Yup

Rodgers wouldnt work in NY. The guy might be the most sensitive player in the league.

For every team that loses a game decided by 4 pts or less, there is a team that wins by 4 pts or less.  There is no need to do research, the mean is .500 and the median, barring one or two teams having insanely good records (which, again, would be a strike against Rodgers) should be relatively close as well.

Thanks for that but yeah of course every time a team wins by 4 one loses by 4.  I was curious about median as it is better suited for skewed distributions to derive central tendency. Inclusive of both insanely good or bad records.

Rodgers wouldnt work in NY. The guy might be the most sensitive player in the league.

I lost a lot of respect for Rodgers watching that beat down the Giants put on him in the playoffs, dude just flat out quit, when he is down, he stays down, he doesn't have that fight inside him that some of the greats have, BUT he still is a great QB, he just gets down to easy, and quits to easy, that knocks him down a peg in my book.

I lost a lot of respect for Rodgers watching that beat down the Giants put on him in the playoffs, dude just flat out quit, when he is down, he stays down, he doesn't have that fight inside him that some of the greats have, BUT he still is a great QB, he just gets down to easy, and quits to easy, that knocks him down a peg in my book.

Yep. He's got that frontrunner gene and he's throwing your ass right under the bus the second he feels threatened.

Nothing new for the Jets to be picked as the worst team in the league and come out and beat teams to surprise everyone. Also nothing new for us to be picked to be good and we underachieve. "underdogs for life player!!"

the fewer believers, the better.

the fewer believers, the better.

Agreed, I wish all the media folk would not watch the games, and just assume they still are the 32nd ranked team like most wanted you to believe, keep doubting them, Please DO Feed the Animals, let them unleash their fury!

Thanks for that but yeah of course every time a team wins by 4 one loses by 4.  I was curious about median as it is better suited for skewed distributions to derive central tendency. Inclusive of both insanely good or bad records.

You don't understand what I'm saying, I think.

For the median to be close to 5-17, as you suggested, there would have to be only a couple of EXTREMELY elite teams.  Even in that scenario, if Rodgers is so good having a couple of QBs be extremely successful while he has been far from successful is just a little alarming.

I could go on and on about Rodgers -- there's plenty of articles out today with statistics, but I think you're going to believe what you believe which is fine, you can believe what you want.  Not going to get into an argument about it -- he's not the QB for the team I pull for (nor is he a QB for a team I despise) so I don't really care enough.

I understand fully what you are saying.

My only contention is that someone tried to diminish Rodgers standing as a top QB by citing something something blah blah 4 pt losses this and that and its just a meaningless stat given what he has accomplished in his career to this point. He could play for my  team anytime and instantly be the best QB they ever had.

I dont argue on message boards.

Chicago style pizza and Brats?

Cutler looked better than Ive ever seen him getting the ball out fast. Forte is gamer. Good D and youve got good special teams with Hester.

the thing about Jay Cutler is he tends to revert to Jay Cutler. especially if you knock him around. I guess we'll see.

Archived