Mike Goodson Suffers Hamstring Tightness in Practice

flgreen

Mike Goodson suffers hamstring tightness in practice

BY SETH WALDER

Hamstring injuries are spreading rapidly around Florham Park of late, and Mike Goodson is the latest Jet to catch the bug. Goodson, who can return from suspension this week against the Falcons, walked off the field early during practice Friday with head trainer John Mellody. Goodson later headed for the bikes.

Rex Ryan later confirmed that Goodson felt tightness in his hamstring. Ryan said he did not believe Goodson participated in any team drills.

“He’s a little tight,” Ryan said. “The thing about Mike is, like we’ve said, we’ll see how he progresses during the week. It’s tough when you’ve been out that long, to get out, so how many reps he plays and all that? I just will say, like I said yesterday, I hope he plays. That’s what I’m hoping for.”

Twitter.com/SethWalderNYDN

You joke, but I'm starting to wonder. Is this a league wide thing based on the reduction in practice or what?  It seem like damn near every player on  the team is suffering "hamstring tightness"  It is an epidemic.

I'm no weightlifter, but I remember reading years ago a contributing factor can be over-doing the quads and ignoring the hammy's.  I'm sure the reduced practice time is a factor, and holdouts/missing time is a big one

I'm no weightlifter, but I remember reading years ago a contributing factor can be over-doing the quads and ignoring the hammy's.  I'm sure the reduced practice time is a factor, and holdouts/missing time is a big one

Yeah.  The guys suffering have included Goodson (suspension) Holmes (lis franc) and Gates (concussion) all of whom couldn't practice full until later in camp.

I really don't get the string of hamstring pulls. Especially when it's limited practice and they aren't really doing all that much.  It's almost like these guys hit the gyms and never bother running, stretching, etc.   In a game with some weird tackle, landing, or movement, I can understand.  But sometimes I have to wonder with all the technology and knowledge and nutrition,  are these guys just doing many of the wrong things over and over again?

Suffering hamstring tightness?  Seriously?  Wouldn't he be experiencing hamstring tightness?  I would imagine suffering should be saved for a hamstring pull or tear.  Any running back who has had some down time would experience tightness in his hamstring.  Not to mention the rest of the population who sit on their ass at a desk the whole week and then tries to go play volleyball or the such.  But please over react to the bait and have fun.  LOL

You joke, but I'm starting to wonder. Is this a league wide thing based on the reduction in practice or what?  It seem like damn near every player on  the team is suffering "hamstring tightness"  It is an epidemic.

I live in the Dolphins media market, and it seems like they have a couple here and there, but not like the Jets have had for two years now, since Alosi left.

I don't joke, i really want him back and don't see why the Jets can't hire him.  He has served his time in banishment.  When he was here the Jets were year after year one of the healthiest teams in the league.

Now they can't keep a skill position player on the field.  Something is wrong 

Overactive quads and lack of flexibility in the hamstrings can def lend itself to issues with the hamstrings. Some of them can be contributed to lack of practice time for guys coming back and also the explosiveness of these athletes. But, at some point conditioning does play a role.

Overactive quads and lack of flexibility in the hamstrings can def lend itself to issues with the hamstrings. Some of them can be contributed to lack of practice time for guys coming back and also the explosiveness of these athletes. But, at some point conditioning does play a role.

Some of it also probably comes from the fact that they have intentionally been signing injury prone guys.  Ivory is ALWAYS dinged.

Some of it also probably comes from the fact that they have intentionally been signing injury prone guys. Ivory is ALWAYS dinged.

Yeah that def plays a role. I'm still holding out hope that Ivory can get healthy and be a productive back for the Jets. I hope It's not just wishful thinking.

Archived