Ian O'Connor takes a baseball bat to the Jets' kneecaps

T0mShane

I've been watching this team so long the Steelers weren't even an AFC team yet I swear I think I can count on one hand the # of times the Jets have beaten the Steelers. I knew they would lose yesterday, just like I know they're going to lose again this coming week.

O'Conor's been dying to write this article since the Giants went 0-3. He's rarely got anything good to say about any team that isn't the Giants or Yankees, and considering it took him an entire article to inform us the Jets are a .500 team, he isn't particularly insightful, either.

O'Conor's been dying to write this article since the Giants went 0-3. He's rarely got anything good to say about any team that isn't the Giants or Yankees, and considering it took him an entire article to inform us the Jets are a .500 team, he isn't particularly insightful, either.

IKR

First he claims he's an educated football observer...meh...so he's earned a journalism degree...then he sh*ts on the fan base for optimism...then repeat the mantra how the Jets never stack up to the established franchises...looks like a childish leftover argument form the 1960s AFL-NFL....and the newspapers wonder why they are losing subscribers.

Yup. In a league with rules engineered to make every contest a shootout.

Idzik has not even been GM for 1 full season, had a terrible salary cap situation, no QB, and a 6-10 team to build off of.     The entire 2013 season is a tryout for '14 (including HC) and to clear cap space.     The fact that the team is competitive at all during a rebuild is encouraging and a testament to the job the team is doing.

If the skill positions still stink next year then there is  a huge problem but for now  how  about cutting Idzik a little slack?   

Idzik has not even been GM for 1 full season, had a terrible salary cap situation, no QB, and a 6-10 team to build off of. The entire 2013 season is a tryout for '14 (including HC) and to clear cap space. The fact that the team is competitive at all during a rebuild is encouraging and a testament to the job the team is doing.

If the skill positions still stink next year then there is a huge problem but for now how about cutting Idzik a little slack?

Absolutely none of this is lost on me, and flings very much with my typical position on Idzik. See my avatar?

Idzik has not even been GM for 1 full season, had a terrible salary cap situation, no QB, and a 6-10 team to build off of.     The entire 2013 season is a tryout for '14 (including HC) and to clear cap space.     The fact that the team is competitive at all during a rebuild is encouraging and a testament to the job the team is doing.

If the skill positions still stink next year then there is  a huge problem but for now  how  about cutting Idzik a little slack?   

NO SUPERBOWL, NO PEACE!

I've been watching this team so long the Steelers weren't even an AFC team yet I swear I think I can count on one hand the # of times the Jets have beaten the Steelers. I knew they would lose yesterday, just like I know they're going to lose again this coming week.

We have played the Steelers 20 times and lost 17 of those games

The Jets are historically the BEST team ever at giving teams firsts. First win, first TD pass etc... They seem to relish the opportunity to crap on their own fans just when the fans start to believe in them. As if to say how foolish we were to believe in the first place. The only continuity Jets fans will get under Rex is inconsistent effort and a casual attitude toward losing.

The Jets are historically the BEST team ever at giving teams firsts. First win, first TD pass etc... They seem to relish the opportunity to crap on their own fans just when the fans start to believe in them. As if to say how foolish we were to believe in the first place. The only continuity Jets fans will get under Rex is inconsistent effort and a casual attitude toward losing.

you're just making it up now. I never got the impression that Rex didn't care about winning. ever. there's a lot to criticize Rex for, but really? his casual attitude toward losing? get lost.

Archived