Two wizened Jets fans jump on the Bevell Train: How to fix the Jets

T0mShane

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Larz, I'm glad you asked. The person who benefits most from hiring Bevell? Geno Smith! Watch any Seahawks game and picture Geno running those plays--sprintouts, play-action, from the spread, and then picture Chris Ivory in the Marshawn Lynch role. Larz, the pieces are already here (minus two wideouts)!!!

will we get braylon and britt ?

If you don't like those guys, what about Fales, Mettenberger, Boyd, Carr, McCarron, Murray, and Bridgewater. Hell, some people are even saying Mannion.

Then there is this Blake Bortles guy no one talks about, IF he comes out he might go 1st round! (CFU QB, gave Bridgewater, and Louisville their loss, and is physically compared to Luck, but minus the intangibles of Luck).

TomShame - 

Please summarize this hot pile of dog feces thread. Do it in concise bullet points, and make it obvious what aspects I should and should not troll you on.

Thanks.

Warmest regards,

Ape

PS - GFY

PSS - Bevell

Bortles isn't as fluid as Luck, #NotaScoutbut!tsTruet!ts

There's going to be a bunch of guys who are going to physically compare to Luck that don't even really physically compare well to Luck. The closest to Luck is Bridgewater, who is maybe a little bit smaller and not as good an athlete. 

Bortles isn't as fluid as Luck, #NotaScoutbut!tsTruet!ts

There's going to be a bunch of guys who are going to physically compare to Luck that don't even really physically compare well to Luck. The closest to Luck is Bridgewater, who is maybe a little bit smaller and not as good an athlete.

I'm pretty sure that's the purpose of adding the "without the intangibles part" making it very clear nobody is calling him the next Luck, just he looks the part when in t-shirt, and shorts, and doing drills, that is all. I have watched him a little, can be inconsistent at times, but one thing I noticed is that he does a very good job of looking of Safties, and LB's, not a lot of staring down his #1 option unless its supposed to come out quick.

It also helps that CFU adapted a Pro Style offense specifically for Bortles, so his transition into the NFL could be smoother than the Geno Smith's of the world,

harbaugh turned out to be a great executive.  great leader who demanded accountability and effort and toughness.  he also had HC experience.  bevel has never been the guy.  never. 

rex has done a great job hiding that putrid secondary.  without rex they are on pace for a historically bad defense.  yes, even with mo and bazinga.

I'd sign up for bevel if he had some HC experience somewhere

Like when Rex dared the Ravens to throw deep and they did to win the game?

TomShame -

Please summarize this hot pile of dog feces thread. Do it in concise bullet points, and make it obvious what aspects I should and should not troll you on.

Thanks.

Warmest regards,

Ape

PS - GFY

PSS - Bevell

-I posted an article from The Big Lead where NYJetsCap Jason and some dude from FootballPerspective hypothesized that the way to "fix the Jets" would be to fire Rex and bring in either Whisenhunt or Bevell.

-It was met with predictable responses: "NO WAI REX IS HEAR TO STAY," and "EVERY OTHER COACH PROLLY SUXXED"

-To that end, a poster backed up the "Bevell sucks" argument by providing links to two-year-old message board posts where Seahawks fans claimed that Bevell "is teh gay."

-I then provided stats showing that the Seahawks offense was a. Not exceedingly talented, but b. was easily among the best in the league.

You don't need my help in pointing out trollable material.

PS GFYMAF

Hey so should we trade the farm to move up and take Bridgewater or what?

As I mentioned in another thread, if we keep losing and the Jaguars and Vikings keep winning, we may not need to move up too far to get Bridgewater.  At worst, the top pick will likely be either 3-13 or 4-12 (In Minnesota's case, 3-12-1 or 4-11-1).  Ideally the Texans get the # 1 pick but opt to trade down or go in another direction because they think Case Keenum is their guy. 

The Falcons or Bucs would be good trade-up partners as well.

As I mentioned in another thread, if we keep losing and the Jaguars and Vikings keep winning, we may not need to move up too far to get Bridgewater. At worst, the top pick will likely be either 3-13 or 4-12 (In Minnesota's case, 3-12-1 or 4-11-1). Ideally the Texans get the # 1 pick but opt to trade down or go in another direction because they think Case Keenum is their guy.

The Falcons or Bucs would be good trade-up partners as well.

1. The Texans aren't passing on Bridgewater because of Case Keenum.

2. Idzik isn't trading multiple ones to grab Bridgewater. He comes from an organization that found a superstar in the third round.

1. The Texans aren't passing on Bridgewater because of Case Keenum.

2. Idzik isn't trading multiple ones to grab Bridgewater. He comes from an organization that found a superstar in the third round.

Even in this draft loaded with QB's, leaning on that is an ominous proposition.  He already failed on Geno, a 2nd rounder. 

Staying where we are and taking the best available QB in the 1st sounds good but if he's in love with Bridgewater (the only QB he's been documented to actually see play in person thus far), why not make the move?

Unless of course you're going to prop up the idea that Bevell will fix Geno. 

Even in this draft loaded with QB's, leaning on that is an ominous proposition. He already failed on Geno, a 2nd rounder.

Staying where we are and taking the best available QB in the 1st sounds good but if he's in love with Bridgewater (the only QB he's been documented to actually see play in person thus far), why not make the move?

This draft isn't loaded with starting quarterbacks. It has one starter and a bunch of backups.

This draft isn't loaded with starting quarterbacks. It has one starter and a bunch of backups.

Right.  So with draft picks to burn, we should go after that one starter, no?  Is that not the goal, to give our new coach a real, actual NFL starting caliber QB to work with?

Calvin Johnson was drafted in 2007.   Matthew Stafford in 2009.

Get the receivers **now**.  Wait (suck if necessary) for someone good to throw the ball.

The Fords aren't smart enough for their poor management to have been planned...but it worked.

-I posted an article from The Big Lead where NYJetsCap Jason and some dude from FootballPerspective hypothesized that the way to "fix the Jets" would be to fire Rex and bring in either Whisenhunt or Bevell.

-It was met with predictable responses: "NO WAI REX IS HEAR TO STAY," and "EVERY OTHER COACH PROLLY SUXXED"

-To that end, a poster backed up the "Bevell sucks" argument by providing links to two-year-old message board posts where Seahawks fans claimed that Bevell "is teh gay."

-I then provided stats showing that the Seahawks offense was a. Not exceedingly talented, but b. was easily among the best in the league.

PS GFYMAF

What does the MAF stand for in GFYMAF?

PS GFYMAF

Right, let's hire another gloried coordinator with no head coaching experience. Also, let's hire a guy who has Wilson and Marshawn Lynch, cause you know he obviously made Wilson and Marshawn right?

He may not be a failure down the road, but he has shown so far that you can't go into next year without adding a qb. He also has shown that you can't trust the franchise with him.

That can be said about most rookie QB's. Look at his numbers with Kerley on the field and without. 

IF Andrew Luck never had Reggie Wayne- what would your thoughts be about him? He's been terrible since Wayne got hurt. And Reggie Wayne is obviously a better player than Kerley.

You cant judge a rookie QB with this offense. Simply not fair and obviously shortsighted.

That can be said about most rookie QB's. Look at his numbers with Kerley on the field and without. 

IF Andrew Luck never had Reggie Wayne- what would your thoughts be about him? He's been terrible since Wayne got hurt. And Reggie Wayne is obviously a better player than Kerley.

You cant judge a rookie QB with this offense. Simply not fair and obviously shortsighted.

He hasn't been 10 qbr bad. Also, two different situations. Andrew Luck is at least showing good mechanics and is making reads. Geno is locking onto his primary receiver, forcing balls, has zero pocket awareness, and just looks plain awful.

He hasn't been 10 qbr bad. Also, two different situations. Andrew Luck is at least showing good mechanics and is making reads. Geno is locking onto his primary receiver, forcing balls, has zero pocket awareness, and just looks plain awful.

Im not willing to write the book on Geno with this offense. There's zero talent anywhere. 

Im not willing to write the book on Geno with this offense. There's zero talent anywhere. 

He's got a running game and we can't tell if wr's are getting open or if Geno is simply not seeing them. My bet is wr's are getting more open then you would think and Geno is just plain not seeing it from locking onto his 1st read. Seriously, the guy is just not showing enough to be the qb of our future. I'm not saying we should cut him. I'm saying we need to draft a qb though. You cannot sell this kid as the face of your franchise the way he's playing.

Serious question...anyone here want to make the case for giving Rex another young quarterback? I'm dying to hear it.

No f-ing way. rex could ruin a VETERAN QB never mind develop a rookie. Rex SUCKS!!! And Morningglory is not far behind. What bothers me about MM is he does NOTHING with formations to open things up. Denver and NE BEAT you simply with formations and variations while the Jets line up FB, RB, TE, 2 WR's with the only variation being 2 TE's and 1 WR. Not nearly good enough.

Even in this draft loaded with QB's, leaning on that is an ominous proposition.  He already failed on Geno, a 2nd rounder. 

Bridgewater can't be that good if he plays for Louisville. If he was a really good prospect he would be at LSU or South Carolina or USC. I have seen him play and he has an arm, but so does Geno. I think A.J. McCarron is the NFL ready QB in the draft with the LSU kid next, but ANOTHER rookie QB? Unfathomable.

We're really calling Geno a failure already.

Only the people who stupidly expected us to contend this year are, and those who've had an agenda against him all along... the rest of us are looking at Geno for what he is... a 2nd round pick that should have sat for a year or two behind a veteran, but instead was thrown to the wolves and shell shocked as a result. My hope is that he can be salvaged and developed over time, but I never had expectations that he'd lead us to anything other than what we've seen this year.

This roster is composed of back-ups and street FAs that are only on our roster because we're desperate.

This season wasn't a fair opportunity for Geno, but with that being said, I don't want to see him getting an opportunity until he gets a couple more off-seasons under his belt and grows into an NFL QB, which he is obviously not right now.

In the meantime, a team that builds for now and develops for later would be fun to root for... I wonder when the Jets will finally "get" how it works? 

Archived