Should Jets attempt trade for Cousins?

MexiRoll6

SIGN:

QB Chad Henne OR Josh McCown

I once liked Henne, but Henne doesn't really help you. McCown is excelling with a pretty good offense, which he won't have in NY right away. We need a vet QB, but one that can possibly start if Geno never figures it out.

WR Jeremy Maclin

Perpetually hurt.

AND TE Greg Olsen

This is a monster draft for TEs. No reason to pay Olsen, who's just ok.

Trade for Golden Tate

Isn't he a FA? If Bevell is the next coach, he'll know whether he wants Tate or not.

Trade for Jimmy Graham

You're not throwing multiple high picks (including a one) for a TE. You could get a legitimate #1 WR for less.

FS Jairus Byrd

Wants $7 mil per. Pass.

CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie

Sucks.

CB Charles Tillman

Not leaving Chicago.

SS Bernard Pollard --- MUST HAVE FOR 2 PATRIOT-INJURING PURPOSES

Whimsy!

Quality Veteran RT and LG

Sure. Yes.

DRAFT:

Best available QB Round 1

Which?

Well I want Bridgewater and pretty much no one else.

He's the first overall pick. I'll give you two guys to look at--

1. Derek Carr--Huge arm, but from a wacky system. If he makes it to the 2nd, we should jump on him and let him compete with Geno. The knock on him is that he's a dolt.

2. Aaron Murray--Smallish, not overwhelming in any area, but has been compared to a stronger-armed Andy Dalton. If he's there in the 4th, go for it.

Nooooooo chaaaaance.

Make a friendly bet with ya T0m.

I laid the odds of Sanchez returning at 20-1.     You thought that was way to short, soooooooooooooo lay me 100:1  on a $10 bet.

We'll have the most honest guy on the board hold the $.  Of course that will be JiF.  He'll get a modest 10% brokers fee.

So you send him $1,000, and I'll send him $10       :)

Make a friendly bet with ya T0m.

I laid the odds of Sanchez returning at 20-1. You thought that was way to short, soooooooooooooo lay me 100:1 on a $10 bet.

We'll have the most honest guy on the board hold the $. Of course that will be JiF. He'll get a modest 10% brokers fee.

So you send him $1,000, and I'll send him $10 :)

Where the hell am I gonna get $1000?

1. Derek Carr--Huge arm, but from a wacky system. If he makes it to the 2nd, we should jump on him and let him compete with Geno. The knock on him is that he's a dolt.

2. Aaron Murray--Smallish, not overwhelming in any area, but has been compared to a stronger-armed Andy Dalton. If he's there in the 4th, go for it.

My friend is a big Georgia fan so I've seen their games a few times.  Every time I watch Murray I just come away unimpressed.  

I like Murray, but I doubt he gets to the 4th.

Without WRs why bother. Give Geno Smith some legit weapons I said this with Sanchez see the trend the QB cant do it all here.

I'm actually of the same mind on this. I'm not saying ignore QB, but it's tough to evaluate the guy in this situation. Heck, he had Nelson and Hill as his top 2 receivers last week. Yikes.

@Matt39:

Personally I think we need to draw a line in the sand and sign Cooper and Incognito.

A line in the sand against who? Blacks?

I'm actually of the same mind on this. I'm not saying ignore QB, but it's tough to evaluate the guy in this situation. Heck, he had Nelson and Hill as his top 2 receivers last week. Yikes.

@Matt39:

A line in the sand against who? Blacks?

The ilk.

NFL.com's Albert Breer spoke with one AFC college scouting director who believes Alabama senior QB A.J. McCarron is very similar to Tom Brady.

"Good size, outstanding touch on all throws, can make all the throws but only has average arm strength," the executive said. "Outstanding progression-read quarterback, makes throws to his second and third reads consistently. Doesn't turn the ball over. Winner. Mentally tough. Has the moxie and cockiness most great QBs have. Very similar to Tom Brady in stature, athletic ability, arm strength, touch..." These are all really positive traits, and obviously the unnamed evaluator is a fan. In fact, the AFC scouting director said McCarron could be the first quarterback off the board in May. Breer noted other circles see McCarron as a third rounder. Dec 2 - 12:34

Archived