Chilly Start For Rookie Winters

flgreen

Granted.. but SR has the look of a long time all pro

True- but at the same time there are guys from this draft who are playing and are hurting the Jets every snap- most notably Winters. Aboushi would have been cut this preseason if he hadnt been drafted.

The Jets have some uncanny ability to draft guys you know right off the bat cant play at this level.

True- but at the same time there are guys from this draft who are playing and are hurting the Jets every snap- most notably Winters. Aboushi would have been cut this preseason if he hadnt been drafted.

The Jets have some uncanny ability to draft guys you know right off the bat cant play at this level.

like VG :)

If you owned a restaurant and you kept sending different ingredients back to the kitchen and the food came out every time tasting like sh*t even though you changed distributors, when do you start to blame the chef?

it's probably the dishwasher taking a dump in the sausage and peppers 

Rod Graves best QB pick in his 15 years as the Cardinals GM looks to be Jake Plummer, in his first year, presumably with the holdover scouts from the previous regime. He did select T0mShane favorite Matt Leinart 10th overall once, though, so that's something.

But Idzik was on the payroll when the Seahawks drafted Russell Wilson, so all's good.

Which of the available GM candidates possessed the Quarterback Treasure Map?

If you owned a restaurant and you kept sending different ingredients back to the kitchen and the food came out every time tasting like sh*t even though you changed distributors, when do you start to blame the chef?

When you got Bobby Flay back there you let him buy his own ingredients

Cimini is a fool, at least winters can get snaps and maybe improve as the draft

Ivory is excellent, so is Robertson, that alone makes the draft average, Rex wanted

Milner, so it's on him more than Idzik, Rex is a fool there's no arguing that we need

an offensive mind to come in and fix the o line, and few defensive backs, thats it.

Cimini is a fool, at least winters can get snaps and maybe improve as the draft

Ivory is excellent, so is Robertson, that alone makes the draft average, Rex wanted

Milner, so it's on him more than Idzik, Rex is a fool there's no arguing that we need

an offensive mind to come in and fix the o line, and few defensive backs, thats it.

Who is Robertson?  Did we draft another bowling ball with butcherknives?  Not the slip, Freudian or otherwise, you want to make in supporting this draft. I never heard that Rex wanted Milliner.  In fact, I heard that he didn't like Milliner and didn't even think he was the best corner in the draft. 

Who is Robertson? Did we draft another bowling ball with butcherknives? Not the slip, Freudian or otherwise, you want to make in supporting this draft. I never heard that Rex wanted Milliner. In fact, I heard that he didn't like Milliner and didn't even think he was the best corner in the draft.

I read the same that Rex did not love Milner.

Rod Graves best QB pick in his 15 years as the Cardinals GM looks to be Jake Plummer, in his first year, presumably with the holdover scouts from the previous regime. He did select T0mShane favorite Matt Leinart 10th overall once, though, so that's something.

But Idzik was on the payroll when the Seahawks drafted Russell Wilson, so all's good.

He was also on the payroll when they signed Matt Flynn to a ridiculous contract to be the starter.  He was also on the payroll when they assumed Charlie Whitehurst was the future QB and traded away picks for the guy.

Who knows what he did or did not do in Seattle.  Far too many people get credit in sports when many of them were just around as some guy who brought the coffee.  We see it all the time from coaches to GMs.   He might have played a big part in the rebuilding of the Seahawks, he might have also been a guy who was nothing more than a cap space kind of guy.      

Plus it's nice they picked Wilson in the third round, but it's like giving the Patriots props for Brady being picked in the 6th round.  Sometimes you just get lucky.  

What if Bledsoe never got hurt? What if Flynn was never that good, but good enough to beat out a 3rd round rookie?    Hell, what if Sanchez isn't hurt and Geno sits a year instead of crapping out his rookie year?    Sometimes things just happen, good and bad, and many of these people wind up with "genius" terms.

I mean Gruden is known as some Genius QB guy now, except who the hell did he ever develop as a HC?   Gannon was not a rookie and while he had some great years in Oakland, he was ok as a Chief.   Brad Johnson never became anything special and wasn't young.   So when I hear Gruden speak as if he's some genius QB creator, I just look back at his own HC career, even OC career and wonder why people think he should get that title.

Pete Carroll for the most part put together the Seahawks roster. From the Collisions book- it sounds like Mike Pettine had a ton of influence regarding the picks for defense....Wilkerson was his pick.

Wasn't Pettine rumored to be a major source of "anonymous" rumors?  I would be surprised if that book didn't overstate his influence. 

I will have to read it.  I haven't yet, but it sounded like the guy had a bunch of access and Pettine had his ear. 

Yeah, true you are right. But it's a pretty good read save the hyperbole as the writer wasnt a football fan. The insight on the draft process was really good. The entire organization hated Rex for a few weeks over the Scotty Mcknight pick(including Pettine). Im about halfway through.

Yeah, true you are right. But it's a pretty good read save the hyperbole as the writer wasnt a football fan. The insight on the draft process was really good. The entire organization hated Rex for a few weeks over the Scotty Mcknight pick(including Pettine). Im about halfway through.

That's funny. For all of those who are saying that Rex had Sanchez forced upon him, there's Rex running out to give a job to Sanchez's childhood buddy.

That's funny. For all of those who are saying that Rex had Sanchez forced upon him, there's Rex running out to give a job to Sanchez's childhood buddy.

That was exactly his reasoning too. He knew the kid couldnt play in the NFL- but he told Sanchez jokingly he'd draft him....and he didnt want to go back on his "promise" with fear of offending Sanchez.

Unreal.

Book's good, though?

I'm enjoying it. But then again I love the draft and what goes into it. Jets liked Titus Young(eek). Had Denarius Moore and Kerley rated equally. Thought Wilkerson took too many plays off but loved his wing span(stuff you can't teach). It goes way more in depth with the coaches than any players(at least so far). Pettine's been the main focus actually outside of Rex. 

Tannenbaum doesnt seem like as big of a dope as we thought....at least it seems. He deferred a lot of the scouting to Clinksales, Rex, Bradway, Westhoff and Pettine.

I'm clinging to the hope that a big part of the problem is the holdover scouts who have since been replaced.

Let them start the dismissal with the sphincter(s) that specializes in DB's and in 3 years has strongly suggested drafting Wilson and Milliner. 

Archived