Might want to start thinking about Josh Mccown

Matt39

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldnt mind watching a team every Sunday that scored touchdowns.

Poetry in motion..  7-6 and a first round kick in the balls if they're lucky enough to make it.

Man what it must be like to be a Bears fan right about now.

Just for the record....the Bears hired a guy who knows offense  this offseason.

They have 2 QBs better than any QB we've had since a half a season of Brett Favre 5 years ago, 1 WR who's better than anyone the team has ever had, and another who's playing even better than the first, and a true dual-threat RB.  

And with these weapons this offensive-minded coach has 1 more win than a team whose HC is totally defense-centric, with rookie Geno Smith (and some Matt Simms), and a revolving door starting at WR that includes Jeremy Kerley, Stephen Hill, Santonio Holmes, Clyde Gates, and David Nelson.

For all you know, that offensive-minded coach might not have 3 wins if you replaced their QBs/WRs with ours, since he only has 7 as it is.

They have 2 QBs better than any QB we've had since a half a season of Brett Favre 5 years ago, 1 WR who's better than anyone the team has ever had, and another who's playing even better than the first, and a true dual-threat RB.  

And with these weapons this offensive-minded coach has 1 more win than a team whose HC is totally defense-centric, with rookie Geno Smith (and some Matt Simms), and a revolving door starting at WR that includes Jeremy Kerley, Stephen Hill, Santonio Holmes, Clyde Gates, and David Nelson.

For all you know, that offensive-minded coach might not have 3 wins if you replaced their QBs/WRs with ours, since he only has 7 as it is.

Josh Mccown was a nobody prior to the season. 

Funny you're now starting to mention WR's as important. Until the Jets as an organization commit to developing offense the same way they laser focus on defense...we'll continue to be waiting for that mythical silver bullet QB to solve all of our problems.

Jeffery would be a drooling 260 lbs here, rolling with Santonio Holmes picking up Twitter skanks.. There isn't a shred of discipline to be found in the Jets locker room.

Meh, so he'd be a TE.  Would still be better than anyone we've got right now.  Plus we wouldn't be waiting for Stephen Hill to someday blossom into a WR4, while Jeffrey could at least be put on Weight Watchers for a couple of months.

Funny you're now starting to mention WR's as important. Until the Jets as an organization commit to developing offense the same way they laser focus on defense...we'll continue to be waiting for that mythical silver bullet QB to solve all of our problems.

McCown is at least a veteran QB who has been in the league for over 10 years.  He is better than Geno Smith and better than Matt Simms, and frankly he is right now better than a healthy Jay Cutler.

Who said WRs aren't important? I merely said they won't make a terrible QB into a good one and still say that.  Great QBs make bad WRs into serviceable ones more than the other way around.  Just ask Larry Fitzgerald if he & Malcolm Floyd could turn Skelton/Kolb/Lindley into a usable QB, or if he & Anquan Boldin could do the same for Matt Leinart.

What's gone on in Green Bay? Seems the only difference between winning and losing is the presence of one player: Aaron Rodgers. Same defense, same OL, same RB, same WRs (actually better WRs now that Jones is back).

This year, Geno Smith would be having a bad rookie season with the Chicago WRs.  It merely wouldn't be AS bad, but bad it would be.  Mark Sanchez would have been a buttfumbling, interception-throwing, immature jackoff of a QB with Fitzgerald & Boldin.  

The real difference is what these WRs can do with a QB who can deliver the ball.  But WRs don't make the QB.  They will make any QB better than they are, but "better" is a relative term depending on what you're starting with.  It's retarded to think the QB is so unimportant and he's basically just some guy going through the motions but they're all pretty much the same. 

Also you respond to posts faster than anyone in the history of this website. What do you click the refresh button every 10 seconds? You need a woman badly.  I like this site also but I like other things better.  Just trying to help. ;)

Dude is balling.

And holy cow the Dallas defense is terrible.

Yeah why not ... Do Jeffrey and Marshall and Forte come with him ?? More Proof you add talent around a QB and all of a sudden he lights it up. McCown comes here and does just as bad as our last 5 QB's you can bank on that. But he won't come here no ones that big of an Idiot.

But hey I was told by CTM "Smash wants all Pro Bowlers for Jets QB's to be good."  Funny how inept offenses like Chicago had a few years back can be transformed with a few pro bowlers. I guess teams like Chicago can do it ...But the JETS ????????? Out of the Question we have to wait for a Superman QB to come in here and make all our street fodder great. LOL

EY told me "who was available when the Jets picked Stephen Hill " Bet he got a good dose of him this season.

The 7-6 Bears are taking over the league.. 

Sure they'll get nowhere near what Rex did in his 1st 2 years but the offense looks pretty and everything..

and most importantly THEY'RE 7 and m'fin 6 biatchez!!!

Technically, it's impossible for the Bears to go to, and lose the AFC Championship game.

But don't let that stop you from being stupid.

Hilarious

McCown is at least a veteran QB who has been in the league for over 10 years.  He is better than Geno Smith and better than Matt Simms, and frankly he is right now better than a healthy Jay Cutler.

Who said WRs aren't important? I merely said they won't make a terrible QB into a good one and still say that.  Great QBs make bad WRs into serviceable ones more than the other way around.  Just ask Larry Fitzgerald if he & Malcolm Floyd could turn Skelton/Kolb/Lindley into a usable QB, or if he & Anquan Boldin could do the same for Matt Leinart.

What's gone on in Green Bay? Seems the only difference between winning and losing is the presence of one player: Aaron Rodgers. Same defense, same OL, same RB, same WRs (actually better WRs now that Jones is back).

This year, Geno Smith would be having a bad rookie season with the Chicago WRs.  It merely wouldn't be AS bad, but bad it would be.  Mark Sanchez would have been a buttfumbling, interception-throwing, immature jackoff of a QB with Fitzgerald & Boldin.  

The real difference is what these WRs can do with a QB who can deliver the ball.  But WRs don't make the QB.  They will make any QB better than they are, but "better" is a relative term depending on what you're starting with.  It's retarded to think the QB is so unimportant and he's basically just some guy going through the motions but they're all pretty much the same. 

Also you respond to posts faster than anyone in the history of this website. What do you click the refresh button every 10 seconds? You need a woman badly.  I like this site also but I like other things better.  Just trying to help. ;)

You have 25,000 posts.

Your football acumen revolves around getting a QB and that's the extent of it. 

McCown sucked with Fitzgerald and Boldin so this isn't the first time he's had "weapons" at his disposal. Far from it.  He's just a better QB now than he was, plain and simple.  Good for him.

Perfect guy to pick up if he's available.  Instant starter and groom someone else behind him, whether that's Geno or another draft pick or whoever that is.

You have 25,000 posts.

Your football acumen revolves around getting a QB and that's the extent of it. 

Yes but I've paced myself and spread it out over 9 years.  So that's only like 8 posts a day which makes me cool and stuff.

Also it's looking like that's Mike McCarthy's football acumen as well right about now.

Yes but I've paced myself and spread it out over 9 years.  So that's only like 8 posts a day which makes me cool and stuff.

Also it's looking like that's Mike McCarthy's football acumen as well right about now.

I've been here since 2005. 

He certainly wasn't a nobody, just never someone you'd thought would be capable of this. He's always been someone that could handle a game or two in a pinch in case your QB got knocked out or sprained an ankle, he just hit the perfect storm for his skills in chicago. I was actually a big proponent of him being our backup to Clemens prior to the 2008 season. Truth be told and I just looked it up, I nailed that off-season: said Nicks would be the best OG in that draft and that both Athyba Rubin & Red Bryant would be studs, however, it was of course all completely overshadowed by my belief Gholston could translate his production from college to the NFL. That f*cking guy.

He certainly wasn't a nobody, just never someone you'd thought would be capable of this. He's always been someone that could handle a game or two in a pinch in case your QB got knocked out or sprained an ankle, he just hit the perfect storm for his skills in chicago. I was actually a big proponent of him being our backup to Clemens prior to the 2008 season. Truth be told and I just looked it up, I nailed that off-season: said Nicks would be the best OG in that draft and that both Athyba Rubin & Red Bryant would be studs, however, it was of course all completely overshadowed by my belief Gholston could translate his production from college to the NFL. That f*cking guy.

I mean he was coaching HS before getting a call from the Bears. I guess not the definition of a nobody...but certainly not on anyone's radar either. For all the hype Romo gets he certainly looked in way more command of that offense. Trestman's been fantastic.

Yeah why not ... Do Jeffrey and Marshall and Forte come with him ?? More Proof you add talent around a QB and all of a sudden he lights it up. McCown comes here and does just as bad as our last 5 QB's you can bank on that. But he won't come here no ones that big of an Idiot.

But hey I was told by CTM "Smash wants all Pro Bowlers for Jets QB's to be good."  Funny how inept offenses like Chicago had a few years back can be transformed with a few pro bowlers. I guess teams like Chicago can do it ...But the JETS ????????? Out of the Question we have to wait for a Superman QB to come in here and make all our street fodder great. LOL

EY told me "who was available when the Jets picked Stephen Hill " Bet he got a good dose of him this season.

It's an organizational philosophy Smash...like many here they want to build the perfect defense and have the QB come in with shining armor and make everything complete.

I mean he was coaching HS before getting a call from the Bears. I guess not the definition of a nobody...but certainly not on anyone's radar either. For all the hype Romo gets he certainly looked in way more command of that offense. Trestman's been fantastic.

He's the type of backup we've needed for years, someone who not only prepares as if he is going to start, but actually enjoys and knows he's the backup. He's the type of guy I'd love on our roster, but want as far away as possible from the starting QB job.  

Romo catches a lot of sh*t and some cases deservedly so, but I 'd still give my left nut for him to have been our QB the last decade. Dallas might have one of the worst defenses that I've ever seen.  

Rich Gannon part deux?

He's just a better QB now than he was, plain and simple.

Perhaps he ate the fruit of The Magic Quarterback Tree in the offseason, the one that produces quarterbacks independent of coaching--the one that will eventually allow Rex to fulfill his potential as a great coach.

Romo would be the best QB we've had in years, probably decades. I'm not sure how anything from last night was his fault. He doesn't play defense.

He think's he's Peyton pre-snap. Problem is he cant read a defense. Dallas D was obviously terrible last night...but Romo stunk too. He'd be a disaster in NY.

Perhaps he ate the fruit of The Magic Quarterback Tree in the offseason, the one that produces quarterbacks independent of coaching--the one that will eventually allow Rex to fulfill his potential as a great coach.

Perhaps the sample is too small to say anything one way or the other.  I hardly believe that neither Mark Sanchez's mostly-failure, nor a rookie Geno Smith setting the league on fire, means anyone is a good or bad developer of quarterbacks.  It is entirely possible that both would be bad in anyone's hands.  Ditto Greg McElroy, Kellen Clemens, Tim Tebow, and Matt Simms.

When he "ruins" a prospect like Andrew Luck - or appears to be ruining one like RGIII, like offense-minded Mike Shanahan is doing before everyone's eyes - then get back to me.  Until then I see a mass of under-talented and/or unready QBs that would be failures in pretty much anyone's hands.  Particularly without Matt39's precious weapons that apparently the only things that prevent great QBs from being Sanchez-level.

Stephen Hill would be awful on every team in the league though.

He belongs in a comic book. The Fantastic Four and he could play Sue Storm the 'Invisible One.' Just another reason to HATE Rex who along with Tanny had NO CLUE as to how to draft offensive players. They could make offensive draft picks but not pick good offensive players. Since Rex and Tanny took over in 2009 who is the BEST offensive player taken by the team in the draft? I would say Jeremy Kerley in the fifth round of 2011. Man that is pathetic that a possession/slot WR is the BEST player drafted on offense for the Jets. No wonder they suck.

Archived