Will there be a news conference next Monday?

joewillie78

I am very curious, especially if the JETS decide to retain Rex, if their will be a news conference next Monday? I know if Rex gets Whacked that their surely will be one BUT if he is retained, will Rex, Woody, and especially Idzik, get up before the media and sing their rendition of Coombayah. Just watching Idziks facial expressions as Woody announces Rex is staying on could be a YOUTUBE sensation.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, heres another thought.

Do you think there is any chance that  IDZIK would quit, if Woody forced him to keep Rex on,if Idzik is dead set on Whacking Rex? Hmmmm........

And if Idzik gives him the ultimatum, Rex or Me, what does Woody do?

This could get very interesting? Only the Jets could write this story.

I'm not holding my breath. We ****ed it up last year about as bad as an NFL franchise could so I'll worry about it when Johnson &.Johnson has time to inform the losers who root for his team what he's decided. Hopefully he pays another firm to hold his dick through the process.

All I know is this; the last time the Jets played the Dolphins on the last game of the season with THEIR playoff hopes on the line and the Jets lost,projecting Miami to the playoffs, Woody was so mad that he stayed up all night stewing about it and finally made Mike Tannenbaum call the Jets HC at the time at THREE O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING to fire him. If Rex loses this game and allows the Dolphins a playoff slot bet the house that Rex Ryan WILL NOT BE BACK. Win, and he may just earn himself one more year with the caveat that it's playoffs or you're done here.

All I know is this; the last time the Jets played the Dolphins on the last game of the season with THEIR playoff hopes on the line and the Jets lost,projecting Miami to the playoffs, Woody was so mad that he stayed up all night stewing about it and finally made Mike Tannenbaum call the Jets HC at the time at THREE O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING to fire him. If Rex loses this game and allows the Dolphins a playoff slot bet the house that Rex Ryan WILL NOT BE BACK. Win, and he may just earn himself one more year with the caveat that it's playoffs or you're done here.

So the press conference this monday could occurr while we are all sleeping, or like most Jet fans: HUNGOVER.

I am very curious, especially if the JETS decide to retain Rex, if their will be a news conference next Monday? I know if Rex gets Whacked that their surely will be one BUT if he is retained, will Rex, Woody, and especially Idzik, get up before the media and sing their rendition of Coombayah. Just watching Idziks facial expressions as Woody announces Rex is staying on could be a YOUTUBE sensation.

No doubt. It is very likely Idzik does keep Rex with all the support the media - who just last season were calling him a buffoon, complete with clown car on the back page - and especially that the feeble minded Turnip (Woody J) wants to keep his on the job training program continue. Rex, it seems can show little acumen for a MAJOR NFL job, yet NOTHING sticks to this guy in the way of bad personnel moves, poor clock management, poor challenge skills, and a continually inept offense. I don't get it. This is a guy that has spent EVERY first round pick since 2010 (Sanchez in 2009 being the only offensive first rounder) on defense and it STILL ranks near the bottom in pass defense and only a mediocre 12th overall. Again, I don't get it.

I'm watching Miracle right now, if Rex was the head coach we would have lost 2-0 and he'd be talking about how few goals he held the Soviets to.

Are you FLOPPING on your unflagging support of Rex DMC? I didn't expect to see that the way you have been posting here lately.

Also, heres another thought.

Do you think there is any chance that  IDZIK would quit, if Woody forced him to keep Rex on,if Idzik is dead set on Whacking Rex? Hmmmm........

And if Idzik gives him the ultimatum, Rex or Me, what does Woody do?

This could get very interesting? Only the Jets could write this story.

That IS an interesting question. And one I could see happening on THIS team. With a turnip brained owner who knows less about football than my 3 year old granddaughter, yes I could see it. If I was Idzik and forced to take Rex again, I would quit....immediately because I would now have NO POWER in the organization at all. I think if presented with such an ultimatum Johnson would 'allow' Idzik to fire Rex, but would then land Idzik on a very hot seat.

That IS an interesting question. And one I could see happening on THIS team. With a turnip brained owner who knows less about football than my 3 year old granddaughter, yes I could see it. If I was Idzik and forced to take Rex again, I would quit....immediately because I would now have NO POWER in the organization at all. I think if presented with such an ultimatum Johnson would 'allow' Idzik to fire Rex, but would then land Idzik on a very hot seat.

I guess we will find out who REALLY has the power on this team, next Monday, the Coach or the GM. If I'm Idzik and I am "forced" to keep Rex, The Ink on my resignation would still be wet as I hand it to Woody.

Really, How bad would this organization and Woody look, if he has to announce: "Rex is still our coach, but we are now searching for a GM"? Only the Jets could pull this off.

I guess we will find out who REALLY has the power on this team, next Monday, the Coach or the GM. If I'm Idzik and I am "forced" to keep Rex, The Ink on my resignation would still be wet as I hand it to Woody.

Really, How bad would this organization and Woody look, if he has to announce: "Rex is still our coach, but we are now searching for a GM"? Only the Jets could pull this off.

Just wondering.  What makes you think Idzik doesn't want Rex back?  Most of the fans do

Are you close enough that you can attend the game on Sunday? You might want to witness "history", right?

Actually I used to go to all the Jets Fish home games.  Stopped going about 3 years ago.  The atmosphere just got to weird.  Maybe I'm just getting to old for all the drunken nonsense 

If Rex is fired, I'm going to sit back and laugh when the new coach is announced and the typical haters already will start spewing their hatred of the selection.  The the first preseason game will be played, and we won't win 56-3 and they'll hate on the new coach some more.  Then the regular season will start and then the real fun begins.  And I'll still be laughing at all of the usual haters here who take this game way too seriously.

Archived