Ireland out in Miami

dbatesman

The story behind how you were forever scarred by everyone from the Parcellsian Coaching Tree would make an awesome mini-series. You'll be played by Mark Harmon.

I was sick when Parcells went to Miami, I'll throw a party if Mangini goes there.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How'd that work out? Perhaps your not as on the money as you think with your GM/HC evaluations? Just a possibility.

Parcells had a history of turning teams around when he got there. Mangini is a stump.

Carl Peterson will be announced as Miami's team president by the close of business Friday. 

He will then fire substitute teacher Joe Philbin and call his buddy Herm to come and coach the Dolphins. 

Peterson is 70 years old, has said that he does not want to GM any more, and the Dolphins need stability at that position, which they haven't had. That would be a DUMB move

Peterson is 70 years old, has said that he does not want to GM any more, and the Dolphins need stability at that position, which they haven't had. That would be a DUMB move

Stephen Ross and Carl Peterson are long time friends and business associates. This has long been rumored. The only surprise is that it hasn't happened already. 

Well rationale people would look at what a team needs, and that would give clues to what it may do.

But go along your way.

Thinking rationally and Stephen Ross don't belong in the same sentence. 

This is the same guy who tried to sell pieces of his team to every minor celebrity he met to try and make them the team of the Pepsi generation or some such nonsense. 

This is the same guy who should have fired Jeff Ireland three years ago for not drafting Dez Bryant let alone asking him if his mother was a whore. 

This is the same guy who is still paying Richie Incognito and allowed that sociopath to be a team captain. 

This is the same guy who signed Chad Johnson to generate buzz for his team's appearance on Hard Knocks. 

The only reason Stephen Ross is not mentioned among the league's worst owners is because he's still relatively new and hasn't had the huge public failures of a Daniel Snyder. However, he's doing his best to catch up. 

This must be taken into consideration when trying determine what the Dolphins may or may not do.

Plus, knowing that Peterson and Ross are close suggests that no matter who they hire, Peterson will be consulted. 

Thinking rationally and Stephen Ross don't belong in the same sentence. 

This is the same guy who tried to sell pieces of his team to every minor celebrity he met to try and make them the team of the Pepsi generation or some such nonsense. 

This is the same guy who should have fired Jeff Ireland three years ago for not drafting Dez Bryant let alone asking him if his mother was a whore. 

This is the same guy who is still paying Richie Incognito and allowed that sociopath to be a team captain. 

This is the same guy who signed Chad Johnson to generate buzz for his team's appearance on Hard Knocks. 

The only reason Stephen Ross is not mentioned among the league's worst owners is because he's still relatively new and hasn't had the huge public failures of a Daniel Snyder. However, he's doing his best to catch up. 

This must be taken into consideration when trying determine what the Dolphins may or may not do.

Plus, knowing that Peterson and Ross are close suggests that no matter who they hire, Peterson will be consulted. 

Fair enough, but you do realize we could make a very similr thread of mis-steps with Woody Johnson and his Jets ;)

Parcells history drafting is pretty bad when he was buying the groceries.

Take that up with the people who still cream themselves over Parcells. I'm not in that camp. He did, however, oversee the fish's only playoff appearance in the last decade. So he does something right.

I'm not sure what your take is here other than to take something up with me. Do you think Parcells sucks? Do you think Mangini would do a good job as a GM?

Fair enough, but you do realize we could make a very similr thread of mis-steps with Woody Johnson and his Jets ;)

I don't think Woody's mis-steps are nearly as embarrassing. Not to mention that Ross' team has yet to so much as make the playoffs on his watch while Woody's team has made the postseason roughly 50% of the seasons he's been owner and has won about 6 playoff games. 

You see, Jets fans are the only people who think the Jets are the most pathetic franchise in the NFL. There are quite a few fanbases who actually envy us. 

I don't think Woody's mis-steps are nearly as embarrassing. Not to mention that Ross' team has yet to so much as make the playoffs on his watch while Woody's team has made the postseason roughly 50% of the seasons he's been owner and has won about 6 playoff games. 

You see, Jets fans are the only people who think the Jets are the most pathetic franchise in the NFL. There are quite a few fanbases who actually envy us. 

Knicks and Nets fans?

It would sure be amusing watching Mangini's attempts at a culture shift by first telling J-Lo and Marc Anthony to go f*ck themselves, scrapping Hispanic Heritage Night and then poisoning the champagne for the '72 Dolphins' annual meet-up.

If post of the week is to be taken seriously, this should be a candidate for POTW...

I have been around many different fan bases, and never, never, never has it come up in conversation that I am a Jets fan, that they counter with "I am envious".

How about the 11 teams that have never won a Super Bowl?

Actually, I count 12.

Carolina

Houston

Jacksonville

Buffalo

Minnesota

Atlanta

Cinncinnati

Cleveland

Tennessee

Arizona

Seattle

Philadelphia

We can discard at least 3 or 4 that are "expansion teams" as you still need to give them time , and 2 are in the playoffs this year with great chances.

Buffalo and Minnesota have been to FOUR (lost all, which quite frankly is probably worse than never have gotten there), and Philly went to like 5 championship games in a row and a superbowl.

Arizona, Atlanta, and Tennesseee have been to the big dance in about the past 10 years, and Carolina lost in one.

Seattle is on the precipice of getting to one.

So the teams that may have a fan base "envious of the JETS", would have to be Cleveland and Jacksonville.

Pretty sad if those 2 teams are "envious" of us.

Archived