Assistant coaches

NCJETSFAN

If Woody and Idzik think Rex is the coach, they should extend him immediately. It's actually in Idzik's best interest to extend Rex three years, what with having that $50 mil to spend on free agents and having to sell them on coming here. This is 100% on Woody being a cheap prick and not committing to paying Rex the remainder of his deal if it turns out Rex has to be fired. You think Idzik cares if Woody has to scratch Rex a check on his way out the door?

This is the single strongest post that makes me think I might be screwed up on this situation.  I kind of agree with you.   

If I agree with you I've got to be wrong.   Got to rethink this......................................................................................................Busting Balls T0m

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Jets job is probably one of the least desirable in the NFL. High taxes, high cost of living, terrible ownership, no actual stadium, forced into taking a loudmouth head coach, shadow of the giants. What's the upside?

A proven commodity at HC players line up to play for, great fan base, a powerful but wise owner with deep pockets and a gorgeous brand new state of the art stadium/facility's. What an awful job!!!!!

A proven commodity at HC players line up to play for, great fan base, a powerful but wise owner with deep pockets and a gorgeous brand new state of the art stadium/facility's. What an awful job!!!!!

biggest market on the planet.  it opens doors to a career after football

pretty much trumps everything else

If Woody and Idzik think Rex is the coach, they should extend him immediately. It's actually in Idzik's best interest to extend Rex three years, what with having that $50 mil to spend on free agents and having to sell them on coming here. This is 100% on Woody being a cheap prick and not committing to paying Rex the remainder of his deal if it turns out Rex has to be fired. You think Idzik cares if Woody has to scratch Rex a check on his way out the door?

You are totally right here. Woody is such a pathetic owner.

Wish everyone would stop acting like Idzik having to keep Rex is against the natural order of the universe.  When Rex came here he had to keep Schotty.  When Mike Tomlin got hired at Pittsburgh he kept several of the previous assistants.  Heck, even Bill Cowher, whom Tomlin replaced, kept Dick Hoak as running backs coach when he took over.

It's not as unusual as everyone says.

This is the single strongest post that makes me think I might be screwed up on this situation. I kind of agree with you.

If I agree with you I've got to be wrong. Got to rethink this......................................................................................................Busting Balls T0m

:D

biggest market on the planet.  it opens doors to a career after football

pretty much trumps everything else

Sorry.... only winning opens a career here. Although Damien Woody got a gig.... I should say, Winning opens doors more than playing in NY.

Do both and your Golden!! Joe Willy

Wish everyone would stop acting like Idzik having to keep Rex is against the natural order of the universe.  When Rex came here he had to keep Schotty.  When Mike Tomlin got hired at Pittsburgh he kept several of the previous assistants.  Heck, even Bill Cowher, whom Tomlin replaced, kept Dick Hoak as running backs coach when he took over.

It's not as unusual as everyone says.

Very rare, maybe not to the point of effecting the order of the universe, but it happens about as often as Haley's comet comes around. Oh, wait, maybe then it does effect the universe.

Sorry.... only winning opens a career here. Although Damien Woody got a gig.... I should say, Winning opens doors more than playing in NY.

Hows Mike Tannenbaum making out? Last I heard, he was selling used sports memoribilia, and making guest appearences on AM radio.

Hows Mike Tannenbaum making out? Last I heard, he was selling used sports memoribilia, and making guest appearences on AM radio.

I think Tanny proves my point, perfectly! He actually HAS a job. If he didn't work in NY, he wouldn't even have that. :winking0001:

Kinda wonder if Rex is going to just let his final year play out. It's a risk but I think he's one of the few coaches who could overcome the lame duck position with his roster.

Personally Idzik's negotiating skills don't make me very comfortable. He seems to try this take it or leave it philosophy, which was a good angle with Revis to send a message to everyone watching, but now it seems like he's trying to assert something over Rex and show everyone who's boss here as well.

Personally if I were Rex, knowing that the Jets had all these picks and money to spend, knowing that they won't blow this offseason whether I am extended or not, I play out my contract if the extension is not what I'm looking for.

Also what is the wisdom in not signing Dunbar right now unless Dunbar said he only comes back with Rex coaching. To let him go otherwise would be SOJ to the max

Kinda wonder if Rex is going to just let his final year play out. It's a risk but I think he's one of the few coaches who could overcome the lame duck position with his roster.

Personally Idzik's negotiating skills don't make me very comfortable. He seems to try this take it or leave it philosophy, which was a good angle with Revis to send a message to everyone watching, but now it seems like he's trying to assert something over Rex and show everyone who's boss here as well.

Personally if I were Rex, knowing that the Jets had all these picks and money to spend, knowing that they won't blow this offseason whether I am extended or not, I play out my contract if the extension is not what I'm looking for.

Also what is the wisdom in not signing Dunbar right now unless Dunbar said he only comes back with Rex coaching. To let him go otherwise would be SOJ to the max

+1

If Rex is a lame duck he will use that to motivate the team.  The ole "us against them"  attitude 

If I were Rex, and I see Bill O'Brien and Lovie Smith snatching up 4 year, $5 mil per deals, and I'm watching the Lions chasing guys like Ken Whisenhunt around, I'd tell Woody to go **** himself and I'd try my luck on the open market.

+1

If Rex is a lame duck he will use that to motivate the team.  The ole "us against them"  attitude 

Why does he need to "motivate the team"? What, they wont play to the max for Rex unles he somehow finds some kind of magical motivation potion, like the completely overused and overhyped, "Us against them" or "us against the world"

Funny how five years ago this was REX:

"I guarantee we win the SB this year"  or the next year was printed on the bus:

"Soon to be SB champs"

And now its:

Our roster sucks, I am getting fired, us against them.

Wow, how times have changed, right?

I think Tanny proves my point, perfectly! He actually HAS a job. If he didn't work in NY, he wouldn't even have that. :winking0001:

Not true. There are H&R Block outlets in strip malls all over the country.

Watch carefully as he goes to Miami and becomes the next Ron Wolf.

Jets karma. Cant fight it.

If I were Rex, and I see Bill O'Brien and Lovie Smith snatching up 4 year, $5 mil per deals, and I'm watching the Lions chasing guys like Ken Whisenhunt around, I'd tell Woody to go **** himself and I'd try my luck on the open market.

He's under contract. Playing his current deal out could very easily be the smart move. Smarter than quitting. If the front office makes the right moves with $50M and 12 draft picks, he's he's probably going to have the team back in the playoffs. Good position to be in as a free agent coach. If he feels he's being low-balled this year in term of years or money, he won't want to negotiate next year under contract again (if he accepted a one year deal). Better to have other teams bidding for his services.

no actually he was hired to open a new line of business for an agency to represent coaches.  I'm sure he's raking in huge dough

I bet the GM of Jacksonville or buffalo doesn't get that gig

Free deoderant?

woody is from the band aid johnsons.  his father had a falling out with his grandfather, and he never spent a day working for the family company.  he has a huge fund he gets to play with, and has real estate holdings.  from now on, you can say, "free commercial real estate in manhatten"

woody is from the band aid johnsons.  his father had a falling out with his grandfather, and he never spent a day working for the family company.  he has a huge fund he gets to play with, and has real estate holdings.  from now on, you can say, "free commercial real estate in manhatten"

Silver spoon?

winning helps, but herm isn't on ESPN because of his KC days

BTW, Bears just fired their DL coach.

You mean as in another team who want Dunbar? I do wish they can lock him up soon. This is a ******* nightmare situation! I really can't see the logic behind all this.

Please let me wake up tomorrow to the news that he signed a multiple year contract.

The prob is he has a contract for next year so he can't leave and take another job unless jets Let him and FYI. Love and whose hunt took teams to the Super Bowl something Rex has talk about and never done

Good news re: assistant coaches. Hopefully only the good one's stay

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz 2h
Hearing there has been movement between Jets and assistant coaches whose contracts are up. They're talking contracts. Maybe resolution soon

Archived