Rex getting more national praise

Pac

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No joke, I believe this is the reason Woody keeps Rex around as long as Rex shows something.  Belichick really didn't impress in Cleveland for a number of years, and his last season was a Schiano-like death watch.  He finally got fired after a midseason game that they lost 24-0 or something similar and the owner explained the players were just so disheartened he knew Belichick couldn't go on.

So what happens?  Belichick returns to Parcells as DC, wins a couple of Super Bowls in that position and gets a second run at HC.  This time he walks away from Woody, goes to New England and becomes a regular participant in the Super Bowl.   Woody does not want that to happen again.  He'd rather give Rex the benefit of the doubt,  and let Rex have his more successful second chance with the Jets instead of some other team.

More than any other reason, I think that is why Rex is here right now.

I am banned from talking about our coach, otherwise I would have a response, but that would get me in trouble so I am taking the high road. Maybe TOm can fill in for me with his response.

Parcells didn't dump Foley for Vinny. Foley got injured. Mirer was a stopgap at best who wasn't in training camp. Parcells is so overrated by Jets fans its crazy. Dude did everything but burn down the building when he left yet there are still people who suck him off at every turn. Un-*******-real.

I thank god everyday that I got to see that guy coach. By far the best coach I ever witnessed,especially in the things that really make a head coach. He was the best in game manager by far, knew exactly when to pull a player, sit a player, or play a player. His evaluation of talent was unbelieveably great, and that dude could get more out of average players than any coach ever. BEST coach the Jets will ever have. period.

I thank god everyday that I got to see that guy coach. By far the best coach I ever witnessed,especially in the things that really make a head coach. He was the best in game manager by far, knew exactly when to pull a player, sit a player, or play a player. His evaluation of talent was unbelieveably great, and that dude could get more out of average players than any coach ever. BEST coach the Jets will ever have. period.

I agree with this statement and yet Rex got to 2 AFC champs and Tuna only got to 1. 

I thank god everyday that I got to see that guy coach. By far the best coach I ever witnessed,especially in the things that really make a head coach. He was the best in game manager by far, knew exactly when to pull a player, sit a player, or play a player. His evaluation of talent was unbelieveably great, and that dude could get more out of average players than any coach ever. BEST coach the Jets will ever have. period.:rl:

:rl:

Yeah, well... that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Smith's stats, posted above,are awful. Having a problem with numbers and facts,are ya? I know "ELi Manning", except Manning threw for 9 more TDs and 800+ more yards and had  higher completion % with what everyone agrees was an awful OL. Recall the Jets OL was actually decent.

Smith's stats, posted above,are awful. Having a problem with numbers and facts,are ya? I know "ELi Manning", except Manning threw for 9 more TDs and 800+ more yards and had  higher completion % with what everyone agrees was an awful OL. Recall the Jets OL was actually decent.

Dude, I totally get that Geno played like crap for much of the season. I do have eyes. 

But this belief you seem to have that the Jets have some diamond in the rough in Matt Simms is mind-boggling to me. He has shown nothing. Preseason performances are 100% meaningless to me as he never played against even a #2 NFL defense. 

The fact that they never gave Simms a shot suggests to me that Simms never showed them anything in practice to suggest that giving him a start would be a worthwhile endeavor. 

To suggest that this was because Rex is afraid to pull the plug or something is also insane as it is not really supported by facts as he benched Sanchez for Clemens for game in Sanchez's rookie season after he threw five picks against the Bills. Clemens was less than inspiring in a win and they went back to Sanchez, as being the 5th overall pick in the draft the entire organization clearly had a lot invested in him at the time was going to give him every chance to fail as a result. Which is something every other team and coach in the NFL would have done in that particular situation. 

Well, maybe it had a little to do with Pennington actually having a body of work in college to back it up, vs Sanchez who had 1 year at USC.

Pennington's body of work had a little something to do with throwing to Randy Moss, arguably the 2nd greatest receiver who ever lived. 

I could have a body of work playing against MAC teams if I could throw to Randy Moss too. 

Pennington's body of work had a little something to do with throwing to Randy Moss, arguably the 2nd greatest receiver who ever lived. 

I will not let you two revisionists attempt to place Sanchez on the same level as Chad. Chad was far more accurate even before he was hurt, ran a nice offense and was a Rhodes Scholar. Sanchez did not develop, he actually regressed, had all his physical faculties at all points and then ran into his lineman's ass. 

Let's see how Sanchez recovers from this injury and see if he can even start for another club, let alone make the playoffs and, let's face it we all know he's never going to be a threat to Chad's NFL accuracy record.

Let's see how Sanchez recovers from this injury and see if he can even start for another club, let alone make the playoffs and, let's face it we all know he's never going to be a threat to Chad's NFL accuracy record.

I.E. Chad's dumping down to RB's record.  Pennington was awful.  He did well enough against bad teams to make you believe in him, got himself a $64M extension, and then proceeded to dash our hopes.  F*ck Pennington AND Sanchez.

Sanchez was worse statistically but gave you a better chance to win against a good defense.

Pennington played yellow ball with the primary objective being padding his league leading completion % stat.. I hated watching him play as much as Jif hates anti sodomy laws

Pennington played yellow ball with the primary objective being padding his league leading completion % stat.. I hated watching him play as much as Jif hates anti sodomy laws

I honestly dont think he could do anything else. Once he hurt his shoulder he was shot.

Archived