Cancer

Maxman

For the first time in my life I got angry at cancer yesterday.  Like why the fuck do you exist?  What purpose do you serve?  Just leave already.  Nobody even likes you.

Anyway that is my vent for the day.

For the first time in my life I got angry at cancer yesterday.  Like why the **** do you exist?  What purpose do you serve?  Just leave already.  Nobody even likes you.

It's a real dickhead

For the first time in my life I got angry at cancer yesterday.  Like why the **** do you exist?  What purpose do you serve?  Just leave already.  Nobody even likes you.

Agreed.

Kick it's ass...I'm with you.

I remember T0mShane mentioning a quote that "Cancer is a reminder that our bodies are not our own".  I wish there was an easier reminder than this.  Cancer takes away far too many people and has zero discrimination on who it takes.  Children, wonderful and healthy people or criminals and drug abusers....doesn't matter. 

I work in a field that is (hopefully) trying to eradicate cancer rather than merely treat it.  I hope it happens in our lifetime.

hang in there max, we're all behind you

makes me want to cry

Thanks!

You wake up every day just feeling like ground hog day.  But then you realize that once this is behind you, life will be better than every before!  Definitely appreciate all the kind words and support.  Surgery # 2 is this Friday.

If govt spent less time subsidizing crappy disease causing food like corn and wheat and invested more in tech we'd be much further along in the process.. 15 -20 years from now an annual checkup will be an injection of nano bots which patrol you system looking for abnormalities. At some point these nano machines will supplement your own immune system and eradicate cancer

If govt spent less time subsidizing crappy disease causing food like corn and wheat and invested more in tech we'd be much further along in the process.. 15 -20 years from now an annual checkup will be an injection of nano bots which patrol you system looking for abnormalities. At some point these nano machines will supplement your own immune system and eradicate cancer

That sounds much better than the current process, hopefully something that easy becomes a reality.

Lauren had her second surgery on Friday.  The surgeon had 7 women scheduled for surgery that day.  I kept thinking, this guy simply doesn't make enough money.  No matter how much he makes, it just isn't enough.

That sounds much better than the current process, hopefully something that easy becomes a reality.

Lauren had her second surgery on Friday.  The surgeon had 7 women scheduled for surgery that day.  I kept thinking, this guy simply doesn't make enough money.  No matter how much he makes, it just isn't enough.

You're in our Prayers. Hang in there Phil.

Yeah, it's amazing. My first born was born with a birth defect that required a microsurgery which was impossible at any  point in human history except for the last 50 years*. We went to chop day of delivery and she was being operated on before she was 24 hours old. The whole time, I kept saying how amazing it was that these people take care of and save very sick infants with almost a mundane like routine.  It was all normal to them, but exceptional to me.

*Which is really amazing to think about, my daughter is only alive thanks to human ingenuity. Shows how quickly technology will solve tomorrow what seems impossible today..

Yeah, it's amazing. My first born was born with a birth defect that required a microsurgery which was impossible at any  point in human history except for the last 50 years*. We went to chop day of delivery and she was being operated on before she was 24 hours old. The whole time, I kept saying how amazing it was that these people take care of and save very sick infants with almost a mundane like routine.  It was all normal to them, but exceptional to me.

*Which is really amazing to think about, my daughter is only alive thanks to human ingenuity. Shows how quickly technology will solve tomorrow what seems impossible today..

Totally agree, it is amazing.  But we are lucky that people like that are out there.

When my oldest son was minutes old they ran him to NICU and explained that they were doing a spinal tap.  They said, go tell your wife what is going on, we will deal with this and you come right back and the test will be over.  I was amazed that this was a job someone chose to do.  In high school I thought professional baseball player, train conductor and business person were the only options.

I was sheltered in childhood I guess, lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Chemo starts later this week (Friday).  In total there have been 3 surgeries and the radiation will still take place in September after the chemo is done.  Through it all I have never been more impressed with Lauren.  She never complains and is just simply amazing.

Thanks everyone for all the thoughts and prayers, we do appreciate it.

Couldn't agree more.

Chemo starts later this week (Friday).  In total there have been 3 surgeries and the radiation will still take place in September after the chemo is done.  Through it all I have never been more impressed with Lauren.  She never complains and is just simply amazing.

Thanks everyone for all the thoughts and prayers, we do appreciate it.

Attitude plays such a big part of the fight. Her strength and mindset sounds inspiring. Wow.

At some point these nano machines will supplement your own immune system and eradicate cancer

That's crazy, I just read a futuristic, apocalyptic series by Hugh Howey, with the first book called "Wool".  I don't want to give away too much of the plot, but those nanobots are involved.  

Attitude plays such a big part of the fight. Her strength and mindset sounds inspiring. Wow.

Thanks.  

One Day at a Time my  friend :)

Yes, we have definitely realized that as well.  The focus has been on the next task at hand each time.  It helps keep you focused.  You may not know what day of the week it is, but you know where you have to be on Friday and you have a reminder set for it.  :)

Archived