Senior Bowl.

Greenseed4

Carr was the better qb today.

Didn't really see anything from Thomas that was good or bad. His team couldn't block for him so couldn't judge him properly. Also, he's been impressing scouts. His physical traits are off the charts, I'd compare him to Kaepernick.

The game is the least important part of the whole week. But I agree Carr probably did enough to stay in the top 4. 

All 3 North QBs = garbage. 

Dude is gigantic. Like 6'6" 245, Prototypical size for a TE and he can run. If he can learn routes and catching the ball, he could be a solid developmental TE.

yes and i have seen him run with the ball hard to tackle love the idea of him as a TE

Does anyone know if there is any evidence that what players do at the Senior Bowl correlates to what they'll do in the pros?

I'd think game tape would be a more accurate indicator.

You can learn a players practice habits, and see how they learn new concepts.  Its good for say, spread QBs, to finally see them take a snap from under center.  

Two years ago, the stud of the Senior Bowl was Russell Wilson.  A QB who came from a Wisconsin program that runs the ball 80 times a game. 

Plus, its the last chance for a player to put pads on and compete in a game. 

yes and i have seen him run with the ball hard to tackle love the idea of him as a TE

Dude is gigantic. Like 6'6" 245, Prototypical size for a TE and he can run. If he can learn routes and catching the ball, he could be a solid developmental TE.

I know he converted from TE to QB early in his college career, not sure when the last time he played, but he's obviously got the size and athleticism.  Much like Tebow, he's probably not going to want to give up that dream until it's hammered home he has no future at QB, but could have a long one at TE. 

I know he converted from TE to QB early in his college career, not sure when the last time he played, but he's obviously got the size and athleticism.  Much like Tebow, he's probably not going to want to give up that dream until it's hammered home he has no future at QB, but could have a long one at TE. 

I can understand a bit more with TEBOW actually not wanting to convert to another position,even though their was more of a chance of you or I being an NFL QB than that guy, but he also had all that publicity and notariety, that I think he felt he could fall back on, sort of like being a Rock star or reality show star. But this dude is just another player, who will need to do anything to stay in the NFL, and if that means playing another position, then he probably will.

Look at the career of guys like Brad Smith, Kordell Stewart, etc. who were willing to play other positions to play. I think Thomas will do the same.

I can understand a bit more with TEBOW actually not wanting to convert to another position,even though their was more of a chance of you or I being an NFL QB than that guy, but he also had all that publicity and notariety, that I think he felt he could fall back on, sort of like being a Rock star or reality show star. But this dude is just another player, who will need to do anything to stay in the NFL, and if that means playing another position, then he probably will.

Look at the career of guys like Brad Smith, Kordell Stewart, etc. who were willing to play other positions to play. I think Thomas will do the same.

Nope, I think teams will see his cannon for an arm and try to develop him.

Nope, I think teams will see his cannon for an arm and try to develop him.

http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/cfb/nfl-draft

The MMQB's Greg A. Bedard believes QB Logan Thomas is the "perfect guy for a team to develop down the road."

Bedard does admit Thomas is wildly inconsistent, but adds the quarterback can "really spin the ball." There continues to be buzz linking Thomas and picks in the second day of the draft. From a talent perspective, we think that is crazy, but the NFL's obsession with size is real.

http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/cfb/nfl-draft

The MMQB's Greg A. Bedard believes QB Logan Thomas is the "perfect guy for a team to develop down the road."

Bedard does admit Thomas is wildly inconsistent, but adds the quarterback can "really spin the ball." There continues to be buzz linking Thomas and picks in the second day of the draft. From a talent perspective, we think that is crazy, but the NFL's obsession with size is real.

UDFA

Does anyone know if there is any evidence that what players do at the Senior Bowl correlates to what they'll do in the pros?

The problem with college  game tape is an NFL quality guy is playing against inferior players 90% of the time.  It's really difficult to judge what they are going to do against players in the NFL, when they are beating up on future gym teachers.

The Senior bowl, while very flawed at least gives you a chance to see what they do against other NFL quality players,  or at least guys who hope they are NFL quality.  

Not sure what you mean. It all matters but yeah, Russell Wilson,  Geno Atkins, Nick Foles, EJ Manuel...Quinton Coples started building buzz during this week. 

What they want to see is if/how you respond to coaching, if you have the ability to synthesize a pared-down NFL-type game plan, and how receptive you are to technique work.

Mangold is the best memory I have. Dude dominated in the practacies

Dee Ford's first step is very explosive, however, it seems like he's jumping the count as well. I would love to see more pass rush moves with his hands. He wont be running pass NFL LT's like this. Kid has a nasty first step though. His hat is off the ball quicker than everyone else on the defensive line. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxKiX5LEv8U

Dee Ford's first step is very explosive, however, it seems like he's jumping the count as well. I would love to see more pass rush moves with his hands. He wont be running pass NFL LT's like this. Kid has a nasty first step though. His hat is off the ball quicker than everyone else on the defensive line. 

The kid from Arkansas, Chris Smith had a pretty wicked first step too. Could be somewhat of a quiet gem? 2 time All SEC, had 8.5 sacks and 11.5 TFL this year. 

Good comparison. He's an intriguing prospect to develop. Some team is going to take a chance on him and try to develop him, him landing in Green Bay/New Orleans would be ideal.

That wasn't supposed to be a compliment.  Logan Thomas is just not accurate enough to be an NFL QB....Josh Freeman hasn't been, either.

Archived