Richie Incognito

Jetknowledge

At Nebraska as a sophomore, he was accused of spitting on a Troy State player. Two weeks later, he picked a fight with a Penn State player. In the season finale against Colorado, he cost his team the game by getting flagged for a late personal foul penalty. In the spring of 2003, he got in a fight during practice and was suspended indefinitely. The team sent him to anger management therapy. In Feb. 2004 he got in a fight at a party and was charged with three counts of assault. However, he entered the season with high expectations only to be suspended indefinitely for violations of team rules on Sept. 1. The final straw being a locker room fight. He then left the University of Nebraska.

Later that month, he transferred to Oregon, only to be dismissed from the team a week later for failing to enter an anger management program, which was one of his coach's conditions.

Flash forward to 2009 with the Rams. In December, Incognito head butts multiple Titans players, drawing a 15-yard penalty. Steve Spagnolo benched him and the two got into a heated argument on the sidelines. It was second time that year Incognito was benched for losing his composure. The Rams had had enough and waived him that week. In his four years with the Rams, Incognito drew 38 penalties, including 7 unnecessary roughness calls - the most in the league during that span.

The Bills picked Incognito up for the remainder of the 2009 season. He started the final three games of the year at right guard, even blocking for Fred Jackson's 212 yard game. He was a restricted free agent. However, the Bills declined to re-sign him.

The he went to the Dolphins, and we all know what happened there.

Harvard bias, prob

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to send Jonathan my apologies as well. Until someone tells me different you are still my brother. No hard feelings :)

For any Jet fan that actually wants the Jets to pursue Incognito, Clayton on ESPN is reporting that he will be suspended in 2014 for at least the first 8 games. Good luck with that.

Richie taking the high road- might be  a first

For any Jet fan that actually wants the Jets to pursue Incognito, Clayton on ESPN is reporting that he will be suspended in 2014 for at least the first 8 games. Good luck with that.

Yes I would expect some discipline from the league- I would him and the union to fight it though.

Richie taking the high road- might be  a first

Yes I would expect some discipline from the league- I would him and the union to fight it though.

Sounds like a deal was brokered between him and the league. A suspension here though is a slippery slope moving forward. Guys who have committed actual crimes and not thought crimes have been suspended less than 8 games(if that number is accurate)

Sounds like a deal was brokered between him and the league. A suspension here though is a slippery slope moving forward. Guys who have committed actual crimes and not thought crimes have been suspended less than 8 games(if that number is accurate)

The report is that Goodell wants to send a message to every NFL locker room, that this type of behavior will not be tolerated, and he will use a harsh punishment on Incognito, and others involved as proof, he isn't taking this issue lightly.

The report is that Goodell wants to send a message to every NFL locker room, that this type of behavior will not be tolerated, and he will use a harsh punishment on Incognito, and others involved as proof, he isn't taking this issue lightly.

Good luck policing the locker room. 

I think one mistake people are making when assessing the Incognito happenstance is chalking it up to just another good ole boy acting up or as some describe it, frat house behavior. Well it aint.either of these things. Not even close.

Electric chair seems like a fair punishment to me.

Electric chair seems like a fair punishment to me.

this is reduction to absurdity. like when you tell a child, "don't eat anymore candy" and the child replies "FINE THEN ILL EAT NOTHING FOREVER AND JUST STARVE!" 

there is a proper punishment for Richie Incognito and it's slightly less than electric chair

Matt i gotta ask are you a friend of the family or from the same hometown? I can't understand how anyone can defend Richie Incognito so blindly. 

51AtHftrw0L.jpg

the funny thing about the Vince Lombardi story is he too was a victim of the NFL's old boys racism club. The vowel at the end of his last name prevented him from getting a head coaching job about 10 years earlier than he did. NY Giants and Clemson were among those who refused to hire an Italian head coach. Something to keep in mind when discussing Richie Incognito's "pearl harbor" prank and waxing nostalgic for a simpler time.

I don't think Vince would be as cool with the casual racism as some people think he would be. But on the plus side, players like Richie Incognito now have the right to commit endless personal foul penalties because of Vince's bravery. 

I think one mistake people are making when assessing the Incognito happenstance is chalking it up to just another good ole boy acting up or as some describe it, frat house behavior. Well it aint.either of these things. Not even close.

another mistake some are making is treating this like it was some kinda crime. opportunity at its finest is all it is. racism, bullying, harassment, mental breakdown, nfl, conspiracy ,checkered past, etc. it has all the key words that the media and the sheep love to run with. throw in goodell taking his firm stance that this wont be tolerated and he will make an example. pure freaking garbage story. cant waite till 2 hand touch and fishnet stockings become part of the nfl. this thread and story are making me sic

yes. this is all the media's fault. clearly. 

Well, it's clearly the media that is the most distracted by the concept of a gay player in an NFL locker room. 

From everything I've seen and heard from NAMED NFL coaches, GMs, owners and players, most teams would readily embrace any player who could help them win football games. 

Isn't it funny that the vast majority of NFL personnel who have an issue with gay players are closeted in their hate?

Can we get a cliffs notes of whatever the new development is that everyone is up in arms about? A Japanese physical trainer has made a cameo?

1. He's Asian so he was asking for it.

2. Suspending Richie Incognito would trigger a broacalypse and put us one step closer towards Statolotry.

3. Han shot first and it's not out of the realm of possibility that Saddam Hussein owned a Stargate.

4. Third world countries don't suffer from mental illness and that is a scientific fact.

I don't think Vince would be as cool with the casual racism as some people think he would be.

I don't see how anyone could think he would be. Lombardi once told the entire team that if anyone ****ed with one of the guys in the locker room who was clearly gay they'd be thrown off the team. He was pretty adamant about stuff like this in the locker room.

Archived