Take Maclin off your wish list...

slowmoe57

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's actually a fairly short-sighted viewpoint. If Maclin wanted to put up the biggest numbers, he'd be more apt to do it here or somewhere else where he'd be a focal point.

Geno threw the ball more times per game than Foles.

Maclin would have to fight for targets w/Jackson, Ertz, Cooper, McCoy and Celek.

Maclin would be the clear-cut #1 receiver here and garner most of the targets.

Despite your obvious distaste for Geno, you can't deny that he threw for over 3,000 yards in his rookie year and Maclin is now going to a team that has three other very good receivers and a QB who only threw for 2800 yards, albeit in 13 games.

Look no further than Denver to see that a full squad can put up solid numbers. I don't think just any team can do it, but philly is doing it right and with all those weapons and shady, if they can put it all together they have the pure talent to win a Super Bowl.

Nicks and Sanders and  WR  TE  draft picks.

When Nicks and Sanders, go somewhere else, then I will be reading that," Ahh, Nicks and Sanders sucked and I really wanted Britt or Heywood-Bey, and after these guys spurn the Jets, then this board will be saying, ahhh, those guys suck, we want to re-sign Edwards or Burriss.

Then when the mailman, and the dude who, paints lines on the roads at spurns the Jets, maybe, just maybe, someone will really tell the truth, and that no wide receiever with this offense and this QB, want to play here.

When Nicks and Sanders, go somewhere else, then I will be reading that," Ahh, Nicks and Sanders sucked and I really wanted Britt or Heywood-Bey, and after these guys spurn the Jets, then this board will be saying, ahhh, those guys suck, we want to re-sign Edwards or Burriss.

Then when the mailman, and the dude who, paints lines on the roads at spurns the Jets, maybe, just maybe, someone will really tell the truth, and that no wide receiever with this offense and this QB, want to play here.

Money talks the NFL is a business if Idzik wants a player he will pay the price. 

I want WRs on this roster other than Gates,Obamanu,Salas and all the other scrubs they went through here. I want playmakers Nicks,Sanders,Britt all ok with me or trade the #1 pick to Cleveland for Josh Gordon give Cleveland 3 1st round picks.

We have a young QB who wont develop into anything without decent WRs.

Money talks the NFL is a business if Idzik wants a player he will pay the price. 

I want WRs on this roster other than Gates,Obamanu,Salas and all the other scrubs they went through here. I want playmakers Nicks,Sanders,Britt all ok with me or trade the #1 pick to Cleveland for Josh Gordon give Cleveland 3 1st round picks.

Stop with the Josh Gordon. He led the NFL in receiving playing in 14 games and is on a rookie contract. He's not going anywhere.

I agree, and they will have to get them through the draft.

My point is , is that any FA WR who wants to put up huge numbers is not coming to a Rex Ryan, offense built around ball control , ground n pound first, and defense, and the lowest rated QB in the NFL.

Unless the JETS go berserk with the money, all things being equal, we have NOTHING to offer a WR, with our offense.

Stop with the Josh Gordon. He led the NFL in receiving playing in 14 games and is on a rookie contract. He's not going anywhere.

Cleveland is in shambles they have 0 leadership they might make the trade and then have 3 #1 draft picks in 2014. Stranger things have happened.

I agree, and they will have to get them through the draft.

My point is , is that any FA WR who wants to put up huge numbers is not coming to a Rex Ryan, offense built around ball control , ground n pound first, and defense, and the lowest rated QB in the NFL.

Unless the JETS go berserk with the money, all things being equal, we have NOTHING to offer a WR, with our offense.

The offense is a West coast offense under direction of MM we don't have the RBs to ground and pound.

Geno Smith will unleash a season like you've never seen with the right WRs watch and see.

Cleveland is in shambles they have 0 leadership they might make the trade and then have 3 #1 draft picks in 2014. Stranger things have happened.

The offense is a West coast offense under direction of MM we don't have the RBs to ground and pound.

Geno Smith will unleash a season like you've never seen with the right WRs watch and see.

In Shambles? With the #4, they get Manziel. With their other #1, they get a receiver in this deep class to pair with Gordon, and they have the REAL genious, of the JETS defense, to coach up the defense. This is a real sleeper team if they get Manziel , and another weapon.

Geno, already did unleash a season like Ive never seen, unless of course you count the last 4 by beretfummble.

In Shambles? With the #4, they get Manziel. With their other #1, they get a receiver in this deep class to pair with Gordon, and they have the REAL genious, of the JETS defense, to coach up the defense. This is a real sleeper team if they get Manziel , and another weapon.

Geno, already did unleash a season like Ive never seen, unless of course you count the last 4 by beretfummble.

3000 yards for a rookie QB with the worst WRs in the league.

Lol stop making these free agent receivers out to be like we're witnessing the free agency of Megatron in his prime and he's only going to go to a real contender before his best days are behind him. That's not the case with anyone we're talking about here

Lol stop making these free agent receivers out to be like we're witnessing the free agency of Megatron in his prime and he's only going to go to a real contender before his best days are behind him. That's not the case with anyone we're talking about here

I know, you make my point for me. Even AVERAGE FA WR don't want to come here.

When we get to Edwards and Burriss being resigned at the Vet min, this board will explode. OR, maybe just maybe they keep the disease known as TONE?

When we get to Edwards and Burriss being resigned at the Vet min, this board will explode. OR, maybe just maybe they keep the disease known as TONE?

So true because nobody seems to want any free agent WR out there they all suck.

Strawmen must be cheap in your neck of the woods.

Look no further than Denver to see that a full squad can put up solid numbers. I don't think just any team can do it, but philly is doing it right and with all those weapons and shady, if they can put it all together they have the pure talent to win a Super Bowl.

Outside of Peyton and his record setting year, it's beyond unlikely that a 3rd target produces those types of numbers. Not to mention Foles thew the ball a dozen less times per game than Peyton, the targets simply aren't there for Maclin to do it.

I'm not trying to prove Geno is great, I just felt Maclin could have gotten the same or more money on the open market and wound up in a place as the primary receiver, here would be one of them, but there's a handful of others as well.

Then about the same right? QBR?

Geno Smith 55.8 comp% 66.5 rating, 3,046yds 12 tds 21int, Sanchez 2,444yds 53.8% 63 rating in 15 games as starter same # of wins as Geno through 16 (8) Geno had 6 rush tds vs 3 for Sanchez. Sanchez "won" 2 playoff starts though.

If Idzik does not get some offensive weapons than Rex's defense is going to have to carry the team yet again. If Rex can go 8-8 next year with that schedule and no offense again he really should be given about 10% of the franchise and a lifetime coaching extension.

At some point we have to start asking when the assistant coaches and front office personnel and players and media and fans will stop letting Rex down every year

At some point we have to start asking when the assistant coaches and front office personnel and players and media and fans will stop letting Rex down every year

I miss Tannenbaum and Schottenheimer, too.

Rex is a gamer. He wont let things like bad drafts, bad contracts, bad FA's Bad Coaches, Bad GM's, and a Bad owner deterr him from leading us to the promised land. He guaranteed it, and he delivered. We beat Miami.

Actually he's quite smart. Sign with the Jets and you have the prospect of Eugene throwing to you. He's looking at career lows with a mediocre QB throwing to him. His stats this upcoming year will determine his future contract.  Stays where he is, and has Folkes throwing to him who had a remarkable year and is only going to get better. NO BRAINER.

OR he could have hit the open market and gotten competing bids and gone back to the Eagles with that offer, even if it's only an extra million or two on a one year deal. He also could have gotten stability with a multiyear deal because for all we know he could blow out his knee again next year. 

Archived