Revis being shopped

aec4

Nice agree get it done Idzik.

Now that the #1 CB market is dried up with the Verner, and Talib signing the Jets only 2 options to try, and land a #1 CB is Revis, or go the unlikely route of drafting another CB in round 1, and starting him, and Milliner.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that the #1 CB market is dried up with the Verner, and Talib signing the Jets only 2 options to try, and land a #1 CB is Revis, or go the unlikely route of drafting another CB in round 1, and starting him, and Milliner.

This may be an unpopular sentiment, but I kind of want us to break the bank and bring Darrelle back. We need a CB1 and he would be the perfect mentor for Milliner. He knows the defense and has an excellent relationship with Rex. Also, New England is going to sign him if we don't...

Who cares if New England signs him. He isn't a TE or a WR which is what NE needs along with some OL help.

If he wants to go there God Bless him, good luck and you move on. The Jets need to only worry about the Jets. Not what New England is doing.

I want Revis back, but only on the Jets terms. Otherwise you move on and you look at other guys.

This may be an unpopular sentiment, but I kind of want us to break the bank and bring Darrelle back. We need a CB1 and he would be the perfect mentor for Milliner. He knows the defense and has an excellent relationship with Rex. Also, New England is going to sign him if we don't...

"Alright man so the first step of holding out is leaking to the media that you're unhappy with your contract....."

He'll be a Pat IMO.

Based on history, Mevi$ will sign with whoever offers the most lucrative deal for Mevi$.  I do not see the Pats paying upwards of $10 million for him.  He is not going to do a short term, limited guaranteed money contract.  Plus, the Pats still need to address WR with Edleman gone.  I would bet on the Eagles ponying up the sweetest offer once he hits the FA market.  I would love to see him back with the Jets as Cro's replacement -- don't think it is going to happen through.

Based on history, Mevi$ will sign with whoever offers the most lucrative deal for Mevi$. I do not see the Pats paying upwards of $10 million for him. He is not going to do a short term, limited guaranteed money contract. Plus, the Pats still need to address WR with Edleman gone. I would bet on the Eagles ponying up the sweetest offer once he hits the FA market. I would love to see him back with the Jets as Cro's replacement -- don't think it is going to happen through.

Apparently he doesn't want to play for Oakland. Money is a big part but not the only factor. We'll see.

Apparently he doesn't want to play for Oakland. Money is a big part but not the only factor. We'll see.

He's under contract, as much as that matters to Revis, lol. If Tampa trades him to Oakland, that's where he'll either be playing or holding out. This is why Oakland is (allegedly) willing to trade for him, they know there's no way he'd ever come there as a FA.

44 minutes until we get a 3rd rounder?

Just expect the 4th rounder and be done with it.   With a trade or not, Tampa is cutting ties with Revis, it's just a matter of how at this point and they aren't going to wait till after 4pm to do it and wind up losing their 3rd round pick over it.

Just expect the 4th rounder and be done with it.   With a trade or not, Tampa is cutting ties with Revis, it's just a matter of how at this point and they aren't going to wait till after 4pm to do it and wind up losing their 3rd round pick over it.

31 minutes!!! 

Archived