Mo Wilk

Ghost

Honestly, I'm liking what Idzik is doing. He's not going to overpay for players or even sign players that do not fit our scheme offensively or defensively. We're not used to being this quiet in free agency, but I believe this is the right thing to do. The guy truly believes in building through the draft unlike our previous GM.

I think since we're so quiet and have some coin, why not lock up Wilk long term?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, I'm liking what Idzik is doing. He's not going to overpay for players or even sign players that do not fit our scheme offensively or defensively. We're not used to being this quiet in free agency, but I believe this is the right thing to do. The guy truly believes in building through the draft unlike our previous GM.

I think since we're so quiet and have some coin, why not lock up Wilk long term?

Idzik made an idiot move letting Austin Howard go. The guy is 26 and graded out very well last year and finally looked like the Jets had solved their RT problem. Now, guess what Jets fans, we now have a RT problem AGAIN.

Idzik made an idiot move letting Austin Howard go. The guy is 26 and graded out very well last year and finally looked like the Jets had solved their RT problem. Now, guess what Jets fans, we now have a RT problem AGAIN.

Repeat after me:  He graded out poorly as a run-blocker on a run-first team.  Do you really think Idzik got out-foxed by the RAIDERS because he didn't give a JAG RT $15M guaranteed?

I am more concerned with them not offering Colon a new contract then I am finding a new right tackle. If u remember, Austin was a nobody when he got the job, it will all work out.

Howard got 30 million for 5 years.  If you think passing on that is an IDIOT MOVE, you are completely lost.

Repeat after me: He graded out poorly as a run-blocker on a run-first team. Do you really think Idzik got out-foxed by the RAIDERS because he didn't give a JAG RT $15M guaranteed?

I don't mind letting Howard go. The thing that worries me is the guy they're bringing from Seattle is apparently a below average run blocker.

I honestly couldn't care less about Howard's pass-blocking ability. No matter how much the NFL tries to make the NFL a passing league with their defenseless player rules and their pussification of the QB position ("oh, the DE almost touched you? 5000 yard penalty and 100 points"), I still believe that you win games by running the ball.

I mean, you literally only need 2.5 yards per carry. If you ran the ball every single play, chances are you would STILL get that, even if the defense stacked the box with 11 players. In my opinion, passing should only be used on 3rd and long (and you shouldn't even have a third and long). It's just a wasted play. 2/5 of the time, you waste an entire down when you could've ran it for 3-5 yards.

This should always be the go-to formation:

wedge-play.jpg

Repeat after me:  He graded out poorly as a run-blocker on a run-first team.  Do you really think Idzik got out-foxed by the RAIDERS because he didn't give a JAG RT $15M guaranteed?

How does being on the worst Passing Offense in the league impact the freq of the run and the ability of opposing defenses to blitz the run

I agree with most of what u said, but lock up Wilk long term just to use the available cap when we have Wilk here for another 2 years for like $12 mil total or something? And then use the franchise tag and have him for 3 more years for like $25 and still not be committed to him. I don't think so. about 95% of these athletes will hold u hostage (leave u) the moment they know they can get a little more money elsewhere (free agency). Some will hold out even while under contract (Revis). Some say they will not holdout (cuz they can't!).

Locking up players long term requires a lot of commitment and risk. A major injury can derail their career, and the team's salary cap. Thats why a lot of the superstars get tagged and can't reach a deal. If Saints know that Graham will be 100% healthy for the next 6 years and perform at that level, they will give him the money he is asking for, even if that makes him the highest paid player.

Howard got 30 million for 5 years.  If you think passing on that is an IDIOT MOVE, you are completely lost.

from what I have read, idziks offer was either the same as oaklands or very close. if indead idzik let howard go over a "coupla bucks", that is an idiot move considering the jets don't have the entire right side of the line now

I am more concerned with them not offering Colon a new contract then I am finding a new right tackle. If u remember, Austin was a nobody when he got the job, it will all work out.

howard was a nobody that turned into a decent starting right tackle.hope idziks gets down to the tackle depot and gets a shiny new one

I honestly couldn't care less about Howard's pass-blocking ability. No matter how much the NFL tries to make the NFL a passing league with their defenseless player rules and their pussification of the QB position ("oh, the DE almost touched you? 5000 yard penalty and 100 points"), I still believe that you win games by running the ball.

I mean, you literally only need 2.5 yards per carry. If you ran the ball every single play, chances are you would STILL get that, even if the defense stacked the box with 11 players. In my opinion, passing should only be used on 3rd and long (and you shouldn't even have a third and long). It's just a wasted play. 2/5 of the time, you waste an entire down when you could've ran it for 3-5 yards.

wedge-play.jpg

At 2.5 yds per play you would never get a first down, r u planning on never punting? Like,4th and 2 1/2, lets run the ball?

At 2.5 yds per play you would never get a first down, r u planning on never punting? Like,4th and 2 1/2, lets run the ball?

In most situations, yes. Obviously, on 4th and 7, I wouldn't run it, but statistics have shown that going for it on 4th down in most situations gives you a better chance of winning. Here's a pretty accurate chart that shows when you should go for it:

a4c017665732c41414d927a842186334.png

In most situations, yes. Obviously, on 4th and 7, I wouldn't run it, but statistics have shown that going for it on 4th down in most situations gives you a better chance of winning. Here's a pretty accurate chart that shows when you should go for it:

a4c017665732c41414d927a842186334.png

4th and one on your own 10 and you go for it? That is the dumbest thing I have heard since Kapernick demanded $18 mill. That coach wouldn't last too long

and the fans, including you, would have a coronary if they tried that and failed.

1959761_713892605330124_399460101_n.jpg

I agree with most of what u said, but lock up Wilk long term just to use the available cap when we have Wilk here for another 2 years for like $12 mil total or something? And then use the franchise tag and have him for 3 more years for like $25 and still not be committed to him. I don't think so. about 95% of these athletes will hold u hostage (leave u) the moment they know they can get a little more money elsewhere (free agency). Some will hold out even while under contract (Revis). Some say they will not holdout (cuz they can't!).

Locking up players long term requires a lot of commitment and risk. A major injury can derail their career, and the team's salary cap. Thats why a lot of the superstars get tagged and can't reach a deal. If Saints know that Graham will be 100% healthy for the next 6 years and perform at that level, they will give him the money he is asking for, even if that makes him the highest paid player.

+1

There is zero reason to address Wilkerson's contract right now.  Not unless Idzik is getting paid under the table by Wilkerson or unless Wilkerson wants to take a long-term deal at around $5M/yr.

You guys are so full of it. 40 mil in cap space and you haven't made a move yet. I think Idzik has a 25% off coupon for a 4th tier Cornerback he's waiting to use.  Tannebaum used to hit Free agency hard, sprinkled in with some draft picks and you guys made 2 AFC championship appearances. I'd be VERY discouraged watching all these names come off the board knowing we have tons of holes and 40 mil in cap. Last year you went 8-8 with no help from Izdik. Rex worked a small miracle.

You guys are so full of it. 40 mil in cap space and you haven't made a move yet. I think Idzik has a 25% off coupon for a 4th tier Cornerback he's waiting to use.  Tannebaum used to hit Free agency hard, sprinkled in with some draft picks and you guys made 2 AFC championship appearances. I'd be VERY discouraged watching all these names come off the board knowing we have tons of holes and 40 mil in cap. Last year you went 8-8 with no help from Izdik. Rex worked a small miracle.

Lol. The kings of free agencies past rear their heads. Tell us how good you guys are in the offseason vs regular season again?

Lol. The kings of free agencies past rear their heads. Tell us how good you guys are in the offseason vs regular season again?

If our offensive line was actually preparing to play games instead of pulling pranks on each other we probably make the playoffs last year. I'm amazed we we're in it till week 17 with all the dysfunction.

Dolphins had a great year after winning the off season last year with all those splashy moves. And they are doing it again...good luck, cuz youre' going to need it.

If our offensive line was actually preparing to play games instead of pulling pranks on each other we probably make the playoffs last year. I'm amazed we we're in it till week 17 with all the dysfunction.

YOU MEAN THAT OFFENSIVE OFFENSIVE LINE, 80% OF WHICH ARE GONE? And the one left, Pouncy, possibly getting suspended to start the year?

Once again this season Ross the clown is over-spending on FA's and dolling out ridiculously high guaranteed money contracts. You guys sucked last year,

will suck this year and every year in the near future till Bozo the owner sells.

4th and one on your own 10 and you go for it? That is the dumbest thing I have heard since Kapernick demanded $18 mill. That coach wouldn't last too long

and the fans, including you, would have a coronary if they tried that and failed.

The stats speak for themselves. By going for it there, you'd have a higher chance of scoring more points.

Dolphins had a great year after winning the off season last year with all those splashy moves. And they are doing it again...good luck, cuz youre' going to need it.

Dolphins gave up a franchise record and league leading 58 sacks because the Offensive line prefferred Strip Clubs and Pranks over practice and film study. Not mention an investigation on our locker room. Has nothing to do with our free agency moves. Yet we still had an opportunity to make the playoffs week 17 despite missing 3 starting lineman at one point.

Dolphins gave up a franchise record and league leading 58 sacks because the Offensive line prefferred Strip Clubs and Pranks over practice and film study. Not mention an investigation on our locker room. Has nothing to do with our free agency moves. Yet we still had an opportunity to make the playoffs week 17 despite missing 3 starting lineman at one point.

but they couldn't beat the lowly Jets or the miserable Bills to get there. Why? CAUSE THEY SUCK.

YOU MEAN THAT OFFENSIVE OFFENSIVE LINE, 80% OF WHICH ARE GONE? And the one left, Pouncy, possibly getting suspended to start the year?

Once again this season Ross the clown is over-spending on FA's and dolling out ridiculously high guaranteed money contracts. You guys sucked last year,

will suck this year and every year in the near future till Bozo the owner sells.

Pouncey isn't facing a suspension. We just locked up a good LT who excels at pass pro. That's an excellent start considering the circumstances. We're making moves. How about you?

Pouncey isn't facing a suspension. We just locked up a good LT who excels at pass pro. That's an excellent start considering the circumstances. We're making moves. How about you?

According to an article in todays Sun-Sentinel by your home boy Chris Perkins, Albert is rated the 28th best tackle in the league. But they pd him

$35 mill, 20 guaranteed, over 5 yrs. And he only played a full season once in 6 yrs. good luck with that.

wedge-play.jpg

QMh4xPK.gif

Who at least might be much cheaper than Howard. Aboushi might be the real deal?

I think our guard positions was a priority before Howard left to Oakland, now we got to add RT to that situation. If that cocksucker took 2 less million to go to a situation like Oakland, then he can blow me.

Archived