Ryan and Revis allegedly wanted to reunite, but Woody and Idzik said no. Allegedly.

joewilly12

According to a report, there was one person in the Jets' organization who wanted CB Darrelle Revis back in green: Head coach Rex Ryan.

As The Daily News' Gary Myers wrote, Revis wanted to return. But Jets GM John Idzik and owner Woody Johnson didn't want to bring him back.

Remember, there were conflicting reports that he wanted to be a Jet or a Patriot, with each one as a frontrunner -- Myers said Revis' wish list put the Jets at the top. Ryan wished for the cornerback to return, but "Rex Ryan was the only one in the Jets' hierarchy who wanted to execute a plan to create Revis 2.0."

"His bosses, Johnson and Idzik, were not on board," Myers continued. "When the Bucs released Revis at 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, teams began checking in with Revis' camp. They never heard from Idzik or anybody from the Jets in a position to make a deal. Ryan continued to be the lone voice advocating a Revis reunion."

Once Revis was aware Gang Green was out, it was on to playing for Bill Belichick (whom he once called a "jerk") while the Jets still need another cornerback.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's the right call.

I disagree I think the Jets could have locked him up cheap for long-term assuring he retired a NY Jet.  Woody and Idzik allowed personal issues to come before trying to make this team better. For that I will never forget either of them and if given the opportunity I will let them both know this.

I disagree I think the Jets could have locked him up cheap for long-term assuring he retired a NY Jet.  Woody and Idzik allowed personal issues to come before trying to make this team better. For that I will never forget either of them and if given the opportunity I will let them both know this.

You're funny.

Yeah, Revis is all about offering discounted service. Probably would've had enough left over to sign Braylon.

the only thing cheap about revis are his bucs jerseys on ebay

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Revis didn't want to be a Jet. He wanted a bidding war.

He doesn't care about you, the fans, or the organization he's part of except as its related to how much money he makes. He cares about himself and money. Can't blame him for that, but stop pretending he cares about fans or anything else.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Revis didn't want to be a Jet. He wanted a bidding war.

He doesn't care about you, the fans, or the organization he's part of except as its related to how much money he makes. He cares about himself and money. Can't blame him for that, but stop pretending he cares about fans or anything else.

It's posts like this that are holding the franchise back.

lol. So you will remember them forever? Nice.

The NFL is a business Darrelle Revis didn't create that business. Him wanting money is no different than Woody Johnson charging season ticket holders a PSL fee.

revis is actually incredibly astute--he will set a record for trips the the FA buffett before his career is done.

The NFL is a business Darrelle Revis didn't create that business. Him wanting money is no different than Woody Johnson charging season ticket holders a PSL fee.

But the Jets could've locked him up cheap, right?

$12 million isn't cheap for the best CB in the NFL?  Many say Revis cant win us a Super Bowl he isn't worth it neither can PSL fees yet Woody Johnson instituted them. Whats so different about Woody Johnson and Darrelle Revis they both seem to like money to me.

$12 million is cheap for the best CB in the NFL in my opinion. If the Jets would have offered say 3yrs-$36 million that would be a steal.

here is the rub, revis is betting on a rebound in the CB market next year. he had no desire to sign a longterm deal this year unless it was at the price he thinks he can get next year. just speculating here but i'm willing to bet that number is oh i don't know $16M per.

I disagree I think the Jets could have locked him up cheap for long-term assuring he retired a NY Jet. Woody and Idzik allowed personal issues to come before trying to make this team better. For that I will never forget either of them and if given the opportunity I will let them both know this.

Personal issues? Wtf are you talking about?

It was bad business that led to all of this.

Archived