Now I'm startin' to get pissed!!

eboozer

I said this to stoic last night, and I'll repeat it again:

There's a difference between questioning or disagreeing and whining like a high school girl that didn't get invited to prom in every thread you can find.  You lot are doing the latter.

26 yrs old..... when your 51 like me, you'll understand what it's like to be disappointed 45 years and running. I think I have earned the right to question. But you know best.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This board is actually making me physically angry.  That's really nothing new. I often say this board is like a family get together.  A backyard party where everybody bullsh*ts and argues.  This would be the Labor Day where people started getting slapped. We used to have a game - we called it backyard brawl.  That is this place lately.

just a question to everybody on this board. winers, undecided's, and idzik balls washers, please respond

would you be happy ,mad, or unsure if the jets signed these players this week

1. wr eric decker- 7.3m

2. og Schwartz/ og asamwauh- 4.2m- 4.5m either or

3. cb verner- 6.6m

4. ss ward-5.5m

all young talented players at positions of need for the jets. some come with pro bowl credentials.

total cap $ spent = 23.6m or 23.9m if you prefer asamwauh

after sanchez is released. cap availability = 20m-25m

please, no childish replies

Verner doesn't really fit our system and idzik tried the guards so most likely he would've paid more.

This board is actually making me physically angry.  That's really nothing new. I often say this board is like a family get together.  A backyard party where everybody bullsh*ts and argues.  This would be the Labor Day where people started getting slapped. We used to have a game - we called it backyard brawl.  That is this place lately.

I wonder why

Verner doesn't really fit our system and idzik tried the guards so most likely he would've paid more.

more justification. please answer the question I asked. he fit our system enough to were idzik was in contract negotionations with him

Get ready to rumble

26 yrs old..... when your 51 like me, you'll understand what it's like to be disappointed 45 years and running. I think I have earned the right to question. But you know best.

Thanks for strengthening my argument

"Aside from 2 ridiculous contracts for crazy money, that probably directly led to his getting fired, Tannenbuam didn't throw around crazy money."

Right.  That $8M/year with $20M guaranteed for Faneca was totally not crazy for the 1 good season we got out of him.  Nor was the same money for Bart Scott and his 1 really good season.  Nor was handing David Harris $30M guaranteed and getting frankly zero really good seasons since (though we did get to watch him get fat and slow; I mean slower).  The Jenkins signing was ultimately a very bad one (not to mention costing a couple of draft picks), and the only reason that didn't blow up bigger is from out of nowhere the light suddenly going on with Pouha. The same thing that you're whining about getting one-upped is the only thing that prevented Tannenbaum from inking Nnamdi Asomugha to the 5 year $60M contract with $25M or so guaranteed that the Eagles ultimately signed him to.  I'll bet you were pissed about losing out on that one as well (though you'd likely never admit it).

BB acknowledged that he had no CBs on his team while in win-now mode with a window closing as his HOF QB is closing out his career.  Nothing more.   The fact that we didn't make any sort of push is indicative that we have 2 first round CBs on the team, as well as being indicative of working for an owner who probably vetoed this possibility a year ago. 

And by the way, f*ck Bill Parcells.  He's the reason Belichick went to New England in the first place where we were then left with Groh and then Herm.  And hilarity ensued. 

Scott was a beast GTFO.

Sanchez is the only inexplicable mistake he made. Holmes' contract was bad with hindsight, but it was really a coin toss between him and Edwards as to who they'd go with, in reality they probably shouldn't have invested too much in either. Both were decent acquisitions though at least in terms of trade value. Holmes' drop off after the new deal was pretty inexplicable, even on sites like PFF they couldn't get over his sudden decline. 

The Sanchez contract was the worst of all time, and every knew how bad it was at the time. Between that and the Tebow trade, he killed his own reputation, both here and around the league. His overall philosophy wasn't what failed him, that was what got us so close in fact, what failed him was his utter stupidity. 

Scott was a beast GTFO.

Sanchez is the only inexplicable mistake he made. Holmes' contract was bad with hindsight, but it was really a coin toss between him and Edwards as to who they'd go with, in reality they probably shouldn't have invested too much in either. Both were decent acquisitions though at least in terms of trade value. Holmes' drop off after the new deal was pretty inexplicable, even on sites like PFF they couldn't get over his sudden decline. 

The Sanchez contract was the worst of all time, and every knew how bad it was at the time. Between that and the Tebow trade, he killed his own reputation, both here and around the league. His overall philosophy wasn't what failed him, that was what got us so close in fact, what failed him was his utter stupidity. 

Scott was a beast for 1 season.  When you give a player a $48M contract with $20M or more guaranteed, you have the right to expect a lot more or longer production than we got out of Scott.

Holmes looks bad in hindsight, yes.  Very bad.  But they had him in the locker room for the season and Tannenbaum should have known what he was and how a bad attitude often comes with bad production after the guaranteed money is locked in.  Plus it was a forced hand, of sorts, due to Tannenbaum's poor planning (3 of our top 4 WRs were FAs in the same offseason.  An offseason in which the CBA was expiring, no less).

more justification. please answer the question I asked. he fit our system enough to were idzik was in contract negotionations with him

He actually wanted to come here. He said he knows the success of revis & cromartie in rex system but he's a zone corner.

Truth is we could use a upgrade at almost every position but we only NEED Immediate impact from receivers and corners.

Scott was a beast for 1 season.  When you give a player a $48M contract with $20M or more guaranteed, you have the right to expect a lot more or longer production than we got out of Scott.

Holmes looks bad in hindsight, yes.  Very bad.  But they had him in the locker room for the season and Tannenbaum should have known what he was and how a bad attitude often comes with bad production after the guaranteed money is locked in.  Plus it was a forced hand, of sorts, due to Tannenbaum's poor planning (3 of our top 4 WRs were FAs in the same offseason.  An offseason in which the CBA was expiring, no less).

He was more than decent for two seasons. He was very good in 2010 IMO, and was still easily our best MLB.

Holmes probably focused himself for that season knowing full well he was playing for a contract. Plus he didn't do much else that season but catch winning TD's. Even in Pittsburgh, his problems were more away from football altogether, it wasn't until it was the Jets where he really became that sort of locker room problem child.

I don't like Tannenbaum by the way, I'll hate him forever for that Sanchez contract. Forever and ever. But consider if Sanchez had worked out or had Favre's should not blown up before he betrayed us. We really were a good QB away from being a dominant force. He had the rest of the pieces in place. 

He actually wanted to come here. He said he knows the success of revis & cromartie in rex system but he's a zone corner.

Truth is we could use a upgrade at almost every position but we only NEED Immediate impact from receivers and corners.

I think you could add OL to that list, but I understand what you're saying.

FA are the place to get immediate impact, yet we're sitting on $30 mil. I'm not saying for Idzzi to blow it all, but there were enough quality players to get immediate help for half that and you can carry over $10 -$15 mil next year. Decker is a nice signing, the Seattle OL, meh!

There is, after all, an 89% spend requirement over 4 years if I'm not mistaken in the CBA.

I think you could add OL to that list, but I understand what you're saying.

FA are the place to get immediate impact, yet we're sitting on $30 mil. I'm not saying for Idzzi to blow it all, but there were enough quality players to get immediate help for half that and you can carry over $10 -$15 mil next year. Decker is a nice signing, the Seattle OL, meh!

There is, after all, an 89% spend requirement over 4 years if I'm not mistaken in the CBA.

Why the **** can't you understand that they are going to spend the money?  They just are not going to spend it all in 3 days or all on one player.  Every extra million that they blow now will bite them in the ass when somebody they really want is kicking around and they can't afford them - not today, not tomorrow, but for the next 3 years or so.  That is why they spent on a guy they felt they could trust (Decker) and didn't throw money at the Kenny Britts and Hakeem Nicks of the world. 

"Go to prom and steal the head cheerleaders date. Just like all the big girls do."

Yeah! That's a GREAT argument.

You were being trolled at that point.  I suppose it was a good job if you couldn't tell.

When you have to revert to looking up my age and tell me I don't understand your pain, the words great and argument are no longer pair-able.  I'm sure you're a good dude, your opinion is just different from mine.  Considering you have shown an inability (despite your many years on me) to control your frustration, I'm just not going to get into an argument with you.  I took my pot shot with the whiny girl comment and you fired back that I'm too young and stupid.  There, we're even, and I'm done with you.

You call it that you've won, I know you will and that's fine.  Continue being miserable, and just remember -- it's not your fault, man.  It's not your fault.

<3 <3 <3

he is only a zone corner because that's what he was asked to play? I have seen him play many a man coverage. he didn't sign here because idzik low balled him, had his sights on davis and didn't close the deal. as far as the real NEEDS of the jets, I do believe oline is still very much a NEED, along with quite a few other NEEDS

Why the **** can't you understand that they are going to spend the money?  They just are not going to spend it all in 3 days or all on one player.  Every extra million that they blow now will bite them in the ass when somebody they really want is kicking around and they can't afford them - not today, not tomorrow, but for the next 3 years or so.  That is why they spent on a guy they felt they could trust (Decker) and didn't throw money at the Kenny Britts and Hakeem Nicks of the world. 

Don't try to help anymore Dom.  Let him be miserable, he's earned that right apparently.

We're not even three full days into free agency yet. Lol.

I suspect that if Idzik had closed Vontae Davis, this discussion doesn't happen. Or at least there are a lot fewer people in the sky is falling category. That one hurt a little bit, but I don't know how many of us saw him as a $10M/year CB last week. Petitigrew is a JAG, and I have the cred to say that now because I said as much when I thought we actually signed him. No great loss.

I don't know what he's going to do next, but I do know that with each signing at this point the prices are coming down for the players who haven't latched on anywhere yet. There are still a lot of upgrades available out there at a lot of positions of need for the Jets.

I suggest being patient because you really have no choice in the matter. Idzik is doing everything out of the spotlight, something Jet fans aren't used to. I'm willing to wait and see what the roster looks like when training camp opens, rather than bitch & moan at the 68 hour mark. Lol. But that's me.

I hate it when you make sense ;)

I don't want to help.  I just want them to shut the **** up. Through all the whining I am having trouble keeping track of signings and visits. 

Block 'em for a week then unblock.  Some you may want to keep there.

We're not even three full days into free agency yet. Lol.

I suspect that if Idzik had closed Vontae Davis, this discussion doesn't happen. Or at least there are a lot fewer people in the sky is falling category. That one hurt a little bit, but I don't know how many of us saw him as a $10M/year CB last week. Petitigrew is a JAG, and I have the cred to say that now because I said as much when I thought we actually signed him. No great loss.

I don't know what he's going to do next, but I do know that with each signing at this point the prices are coming down for the players who haven't latched on anywhere yet. There are still a lot of upgrades available out there at a lot of positions of need for the Jets.

I suggest being patient because you really have no choice in the matter. Idzik is doing everything out of the spotlight, something Jet fans aren't used to. I'm willing to wait and see what the roster looks like when training camp opens, rather than bitch & moan at the 68 hour mark. Lol. But that's me.

Have Idzik follow this plan, and I'll be the guy right next to all of you kissing his ass. Never hear another word from me complaining about the job he's done in FA.

I'll be content.

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2014/3/14/5508778/free-agency-suggestions-for-john-idzik

Many people are upset with how free agency has gone for the New York Jets. I can't say it has been fantastic, but I disagree that it's been awful as many have suggested. I'm glad John Idzik is being prudent and isn't spending like Mike Tannenbaum. That said, here is how Idzik can make free agency a rousing success, in my opinion.

Sign WR James Jones, TE Zach Miller, CB Dominique-Rodgers Cromartie, and S Chris Clemons.

Jones is a decent receiver that can make big plays. Along with Eric Decker, he would make the receiving corps significantly better, and is a great stopgap while the team drafts more receiving talent. He has apparently had numerous discussions with the Jets, but isn't planning on making any visits.

Miller is still on the Seattle Seahawks roster, but he is widely expected to be cut soon. He is a much better option than Brandon Pettigrew, and would give the team a credible tight end trio, along with Jeff Cumberland and Zach Sudfeld. The Seahawks connection with Idzik makes this one especially reasonable, in my opinion.

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie is the best cornerback on the market. There are reports he turned down a massive contract from the Denver Broncos, but at this point, his demands simply have to go down. He would be an excellent fit in Rex Ryan's man-heavy scheme, and would be a substantial improvement on last year's secondary.

Lastly, Chris Clemons would give the team a credible free safety, something they haven't had since Kerry Rhodes. He isn't a ballhawk, but he is good in pass coverage and would pair well with Antonio Allen.

All of these moves seem reasonable to me, shouldn't cost a fortune (except maybe Rodgers-Cromartie), and woulf vastly improve the team. What are your thoughts? Who else would you like to see signed?

Have Idzik follow this plan, and I'll be the guy right next to all of you kissing his ass. Never hear another word from me complaining about the job he's done in FA.

I'll be content.

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2014/3/14/5508778/free-agency-suggestions-for-john-idzik

Many people are upset with how free agency has gone for the New York Jets. I can't say it has been fantastic, but I disagree that it's been awful as many have suggested. I'm glad John Idzik is being prudent and isn't spending like Mike Tannenbaum. That said, here is how Idzik can make free agency a rousing success, in my opinion.

Sign WR James Jones, TE Zach Miller, CB Dominique-Rodgers Cromartie, and S Chris Clemons.

Jones is a decent receiver that can make big plays. Along with Eric Decker, he would make the receiving corps significantly better, and is a great stopgap while the team drafts more receiving talent. He has apparently had numerous discussions with the Jets, but isn't planning on making any visits.

Miller is still on the Seattle Seahawks roster, but he is widely expected to be cut soon. He is a much better option than Brandon Pettigrew, and would give the team a credible tight end trio, along with Jeff Cumberland and Zach Sudfeld. The Seahawks connection with Idzik makes this one especially reasonable, in my opinion.

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie is the best cornerback on the market. There are reports he turned down a massive contract from the Denver Broncos, but at this point, his demands simply have to go down. He would be an excellent fit in Rex Ryan's man-heavy scheme, and would be a substantial improvement on last year's secondary.

Lastly, Chris Clemons would give the team a credible free safety, something they haven't had since Kerry Rhodes. He isn't a ballhawk, but he is good in pass coverage and would pair well with Antonio Allen.

All of these moves seem reasonable to me, shouldn't cost a fortune (except maybe Rodgers-Cromartie), and woulf vastly improve the team. What are your thoughts? Who else would you like to see signed?

REVERSE COURSE TO STARBOARD

I'll be content.

DRC probably isn't ready to drop his demands. he may eventually but it is early in free agency from the players' perspectives, also.

This from the great Brian Bassett

http://thejetsblog.com/nyjets/pettigrew-declines-jets-offer-and-signs-back-with-detroit/

"If I had one criticism so far of John Idzik’s first serious shot at free agency? It is that the GM seems to be losing out on players the team is rather interested in signing for what appear small incremental amounts in order to beat opposing teams.

While it is hard to say just how much interest there were in certain players that the Jets were connected with, but Verner went for what seemed an amount the Jets could easily beat and feel comfortable about. So too did Pettigrew here. Eric Decker signed for a smaller amount than I would have imagined. There is a theme.

I don’t want John Idzik to turn this team into the Redskins, but I also don’t want him to turn it into the Cardinals either, a team that believes collecting salary cap space is a contest. How much more would it take to have secured Pettigrew or any of the other players that the Jets were tied to? Likely just small incremental amounts and it is fair to say that it is starting to get a little frustrating with as much money as the team has."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is he a whiner and complainer??? He has to tiptoe around the subject due to his relationship with the Jets (Bread & Butter) but he's saying the same thing several of us have been saying and getting lambasted for it.

http://thejetsblog.com/nyjets/pettigrew-declines-jets-offer-and-signs-back-with-detroit/

"If I had one criticism so far of John Idzik’s first serious shot at free agency? It is that the GM seems to be losing out on players the team is rather interested in signing for what appear small incremental amounts in order to beat opposing teams.

While it is hard to say just how much interest there were in certain players that the Jets were connected with, but Verner went for what seemed an amount the Jets could easily beat and feel comfortable about. So too did Pettigrew here. Eric Decker signed for a smaller amount than I would have imagined. There is a theme.

I don’t want John Idzik to turn this team into the Redskins, but I also don’t want him to turn it into the Cardinals either, a team that believes collecting salary cap space is a contest. How much more would it take to have secured Pettigrew or any of the other players that the Jets were tied to? Likely just small incremental amounts and it is fair to say that it is starting to get a little frustrating with as much money as the team has."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is he a whiner and complainer??? He has to tiptoe around the subject due to his relationship with the Jets (Bread & Butter) but he's saying the same thing several of us have been saying and getting lambasted for it.

:face:

Because Bassett thinks we were interested in most of these players because he sees blurbs on Twitter saying we're interested. The same "journalists" producing those blurbs are the ones who said that Browner was a Patriot and Pettigrew was a Jet. Everyone is lying and/or guessing.

Archived