Tid Bits from Tony Pauline Draft insider....

eboozer

My prejudices only go so far... All the News that's fit to print.

This should make the Pro Idzik crowd very happy.

I'm not so sure.... but here it is anyway.

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/threads/264226-From-MS-Gold-on-Jet-Addicts

Savage69

Savage69 is offline Jets Insider VIP

Charter JI Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From MS Gold on Jet Addicts.

Just got off the phone with him, here is what he told me he heard from his sources (Im trying to take it all from memory). Tony talks to these guys agents as well as team personel so take it for what its worth...

1. Vontae Davis- jets did not get played. Davis never wanted to leave Indy. The Jets made a play for him but wud have likely had to go 11 or 12 mil to pry him away from Indy.

2. Verner- Jets were never interested in him. Never made a move for him...didnt think he was the right fit.

3. Asoamoah- Jets had no interest in him, never made an offer.

4. Schwartz- They were interested in Scwartz but lost out while trig to lock down Davis.

5. Howard- Negotiated with Howard since the combine but Idzik held firm to a number and HIwards agent wanted more if Howard was to forego FA. They were a couple of hundred grand apart in the end.

6. Beadles- They were in it for Beadles until it hit 6+ per and then they dropped out.

7. James JOnes- Still in play

8. DRC- No idea what happened

9. Giancomini- Likes him, especially what we paid, but liked Howard more as a player.

10. Decker- Loves the move, loves the player loves the contract

11. Cro- Still a possibility to come back.

Some draft stuff.

Does not think the Jets will go WR at 18 if they sign Jones. Thinks they will go WR in rd 2.

1. Dee Ford- Hates him. One move player who won't be able to get away with it in the pros.

2. Lee- Likes him a lot

3. Cooks- Loves him for Jets but not at 18

4. Amaro- Thinks that could be our guy at 18

5. Ebron- JOhnny MItchell 2.0. Said the guy is an egomaniac, "me player" and could be a lockeroom issue.

6. Mack- Geat talent but the idea that Mayock has him as the #1 player on the board is laughable.

Jets Stuff

1. Team is still holding out hope that Hill can be the "burner" across from Decker

2. Idzik- He is a very "my way or the highway" type of guy. If he has a number in his head...thats it, he's not going higher. If he has an idea in his head, thats how its going to be.

3. Geno- VERY high on him still. Said "the guy had basically no TC and won 8 games...how can you not think he will improve? Juts needs to protect the ball better"

We spoke for about an hour and there was more but my memory in my old age isn't what is used to be...

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My prejudices only go so far... All the News that's fit to print.

This should make the Pro Idzik crowd very happy.

I'm not so sure.... but here it is anyway.

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/threads/264226-From-MS-Gold-on-Jet-Addicts

Savage69

Savage69 is offline Jets Insider VIP

Charter JI Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From MS Gold on Jet Addicts.

Just got off the phone with him, here is what he told me he heard from his sources (Im trying to take it all from memory). Tony talks to these guys agents as well as team personel so take it for what its worth...

1. Vontae Davis- jets did not get played. Davis never wanted to leave Indy. The Jets made a play for him but wud have likely had to go 11 or 12 mil to pry him away from Indy.

2. Verner- Jets were never interested in him. Never made a move for him...didnt think he was the right fit.

3. Asoamoah- Jets had no interest in him, never made an offer.

4. Schwartz- They were interested in Scwartz but lost out while trig to lock down Davis.

5. Howard- Negotiated with Howard since the combine but Idzik held firm to a number and HIwards agent wanted more if Howard was to forego FA. They were a couple of hundred grand apart in the end.

6. Beadles- They were in it for Beadles until it hit 6+ per and then they dropped out.

7. James JOnes- Still in play

8. DRC- No idea what happened

9. Giancomini- Likes him, especially what we paid, but liked Howard more as a player.

10. Decker- Loves the move, loves the player loves the contract

11. Cro- Still a possibility to come back.

Some draft stuff.

Does not think the Jets will go WR at 18 if they sign Jones. Thinks they will go WR in rd 2.

1. Dee Ford- Hates him. One move player who won't be able to get away with it in the pros.

2. Lee- Likes him a lot

3. Cooks- Loves him for Jets but not at 18

4. Amaro- Thinks that could be our guy at 18

5. Ebron- JOhnny MItchell 2.0. Said the guy is an egomaniac, "me player" and could be a lockeroom issue.

6. Mack- Geat talent but the idea that Mayock has him as the #1 player on the board is laughable.

Jets Stuff

1. Team is still holding out hope that Hill can be the "burner" across from Decker

2. Idzik- He is a very "my way or the highway" type of guy. If he has a number in his head...thats it, he's not going higher. If he has an idea in his head, thats how its going to be.

3. Geno- VERY high on him still. Said "the guy had basically no TC and won 8 games...how can you not think he will improve? Juts needs to protect the ball better"

We spoke for about an hour and there was more but my memory in my old age isn't what is used to be...

stoicsentry

stoicsentry

Franchise Player

• photo-thumb-8318.gif?_r=0
  • Writers \ Bloggers
  • 7,794 posts

Posted Today, 10:39 PM

How does this make the pro-Idzik crowd happy? Shows that he had a very limited plan, the plan didn't work out and now he's just lost. That's good news for the pro-Idzik crowd?

See the highlighted sentences

Nothing earth shattering there.  The only real surprising bit is that they did seem to get played if they lost out on Schwartz dicking around with Vontae Davis.  Seems like they should have been able to get their # out there at least.  Not too surprised about Verner or Asomoah, but it does make you feel a bit better about Verner if they weren't interested because they obviously want a corner and that contract wasn't bad.

Isn't Savage around here too?  Decent guy, but I don't like eyeballs  

Cool, good stuff.

Hate that we missed out on Schwartz cause we were dealing with the flaky Davis.

What does TC mean? Talent?

Don't want Amaro, but if we do take him, hope we can trade back and get him. No need to take him at 18.

Want Lee, but this is the year to wait on a WR. Can't remember such talent at any position this deep coming out in a season.

D. Adams and J. Mathews would be top wrs in almost any other classes.

Cool, good stuff.

Hate that we missed out on Schwartz cause we were dealing with the flaky Davis.

What does TC mean? Talent?

Don't want Amaro, but if we do take him, hope we can trade back and get him. No need to take him at 18.

Want Lee, but this is the year to wait on a WR. Can't remember such talent at any position this deep coming out in a season.

D. Adams and J. Mathews would be top wrs in almost any other classes.

I really hope we trade back at 18. Im a bit torn as well. I wouldnt mind Marquise Lee, but I do want to have multiple picks in the 2nd or 3rd round. Jace seems good. I like that he is a huge target that is just a bitch to bring down, I just dont believe taking a TE at 18 is worth it. 

I think he was making a funny about geno or the lack of offensive talent on the team

Most likely he was saying that Geno's limited reps was equal to almost not having a training camp at all and despite all of that, still won 8 games. Agree or disagree, but that's the message he was conveying. 

Most likely he was saying that Geno's limited reps was equal to almost not having a training camp at all and despite all of that, still won 8 games. Agree or disagree, but that's the message he was conveying. 

ha ha. yes all true but I was actually referring to what obrien2toon said. he asked what does tc mean? talent?

I just dont think you draft a TE with the first pick of the draft. If this is the so-called "Deepest draft in 10 years" then I simply cant see how Jace Amaro is the BAP at the 18th pick.

Exactly. I would be just as pissed if we took Ebron at 18 too. Too many holes to fill to be taking a TE in round 1. I much rather the Jets sign someone like Owen Daniels who's a good pass catching TE when healthy, for cheap of course.

Exactly. I would be just as pissed if we took Ebron at 18 too. Too many holes to fill to be taking a TE in round 1. I much rather the Jets sign someone like Owen Daniels who's a good pass catching TE when healthy, for cheap of course.

Exactly. Like they said, the draft is deep. We should be able to find a serviceable guy in later rounds. That 1st rounder needs to be either a WR, OLB or FS. Anything else I simply wont understand. No defensive lineman and no cornerback. 

Exactly. Like they said, the draft is deep. We should be able to find a serviceable guy in later rounds. That 1st rounder needs to be either a WR, OLB or FS. Anything else I simply wont understand. No defensive lineman and no cornerback. 

I despise need based drafting, but even if that is where you are aiming - why not QB?  There are quite a few potential first round QBs.  FS is awfully specific and S is not a value position IMO.  If you are a great DB you are almost always playing CB, not S.  G isn't a generally a value position either, but I'd take G over S for need, value and the number of players that usually deserve a 1st round grade.  Hell T is probably no far behind S.  It's impossible to predict who will be BAP when you are 18.

I despise need based drafting, but even if that is where you are aiming - why not QB?  There are quite a few potential first round QBs.  FS is awfully specific and S is not a value position IMO.  If you are a great DB you are almost always playing CB, not S.  G isn't a generally a value position either, but I'd take G over S for need, value and the number of players that usually deserve a 1st round grade.  Hell T is probably no far behind S.  It's impossible to predict who will be BAP when you are 18.

Bite your tongue.  The Eugene supporters will have your head.

I know Tony is A LOT more knowledgable than you or I. If you follow him he's had excellent insight and he's been a valid sourcei over the years.

Is he? Have you looked back at his draft predictions? They are always wrong. Most of the posters on here are more knowledgeable and accurate..

+1

Archived