All 30 Jets pre-draft visits

Matt39

Quarterback: Jimmy Garoppolo (Eastern Illinois), Logan Thomas (Virginia Tech), Tom Savage (Pittsburgh).

Running Back: Dri Archer (Kent State)

Wide receiver: Odell Beckham Jr. (LSU), Kelvin Benjamin (Florida State), John Brown (Pittsburg State), Brandin Cooks (Oregon State), Mike Evans (Texas A&M), Jarvis Landry (LSU), Marqise Lee (USC), Walt Powell (Murray State), Paul Richardson (Colorado).

Tight end: Jace Amaro (Texas Tech), Eric Ebron (North Carolina), C.J. Fiedorowicz (Iowa), Troy Niklas (Notre Dame), Austin Seferian-Jenkins (Washington).

Linebacker: Kevin Pierre-Louis (Boston College).

Cornerback: Darqueze Dennard (Michigan State), Kyle Fuller (Virginia Tech), Justin Gilbert (Oklahoma State), Dexter Mcdougle (Maryland), Keith McGill (Utah), Bradley Roby (Ohio State), Jason Verrett (TCU).

Outside linebacker/defensive end: Demarcus Lawrence (Boise State).

Safety: Deone Bucannon (Washington State), Ha Ha Clinton-Dix (Alabama), Calvin Pryor (Louisville).

No offensive linemen. I guess what's done is done. Now the waiting game.

That list of TE's is basically the top 5 prospects at the position. 

The overall list isn't surprising at all. The team's primary needs are at the receiving positions and the defensive secondary. Looks like they were doing a combination of due diligence and obfuscation. They probably intend to go WR, TE, CB/S early, but they don't want teams to know which ones they're specifically after. 

That list of TE's is basically the top 5 prospects at the position. 

The overall list isn't surprising at all. The team's primary needs are at the receiving positions and the defensive secondary. Looks like they were doing a combination of due diligence and obfuscation. They probably intend to go WR, TE, CB/S early, but they don't want teams to know which ones they're specifically after. 

Yep, I like your point about the obfuscation (fancy word choice too). I'm curious to see a. if a position besides those four (WR, TE, CB, S) ends up being a selection in the first 3 rounds and b. if the first three rounds consist of three of those four positions (assuming no trade down) what gets the short end? 

Safety seems like something they'll do in the first two rounds or bust based on that list. Personally I hope it's not in the first, but Bucannon or Ward in the second would be cool. Wouldn't be a big deal if they don't land a safety. I still wouldn't mind waiting on a corner till the fourth and letting that guy compete with Walls - who I have a (likely incorrect) hunch the staff/FO likes more than they're letting on.

Baltimore has to be salivating over the same guys everyone else is,

I don't think they will trade down, if anything they might try to

leapfrog up.

There's no way the script writers don't have something cooked up for this draft. It should be a really riveting show.

There's no way the script writers don't have something cooked up for this draft. It should be a really riveting show.

This is true, should be an interesting, Jets fans will be surprised and hopefully thrilled,

but you can count on a throng of irate Jet fans at Radio City, as usual.

Mike Evans 7 Justin Gilbert 8 Eric Ebron 10 Odell Beckham Jr. 12 Kyle Fuller 14 Calvin Pryor 18 Brandin Cooks 20 Ha Ha Clinton-Dix 21 Darqueze Dennard 24 Jason Verrett 25 Deone Bucannon 27 Kelvin Benjamin 28 Bradley Roby 31 Demarcus Lawrence 34 Austin Seferian-Jenkins 38 Marqise Lee 39 Paul Richardson 45 Jace Amaro 49 Troy Niklas 52 Jimmy Garoppolo 62 Jarvis Landry 63 C.J. Fiedorowicz 65 Dexter McDougle 80 John Brown 91 Dri Archer 97 Keith McGill 116 Logan Thomas 120 Kevin Pierre-Louis 132 Tom Savage 135 Walt Powell 196

Archived