WILL IDZIK TRADE UP ...TO GO GET OBJ! OBJ!...

JETS ROCK!

In my opinion, they don’t move up for Beckham. If you separate the receivers in this draft into tiers, there’s a first tier of Watkins and Evans (guys who have true #1 receiver upside) and a second tier of Beckham and Cooks (explosive wideouts who lack ideal size). Where Lee fits into things is up for debate. 

Assuming Beckham and Cooks are both on the board, I would imagine if the Jets really want to add a receiver they would wait until one of the two is selected to make a move on the remaining one. That is unless they really prefer one to the other. But if it’s a question of whether you’d have Beckham or Cooks and a third round pick, I think you have to take the latter every time. 

Beckham’s got his own set of questions anyway – namely how much did he benefit from playing with Mettenberger and Landry (I saw specific instances when watching him of plays where Landry drew coverage that led to Beckham being wide open) and are the rumors about him being a bit of a diva and not wanting to practice true.

All of that being said, if the Jets were in fact talking to teams in the top 10 my guess is they wanted to explore what it would take to move up if Evans slipped. A team like Minnesota supposedly wants to move down, and if the quarterbacks start to go early Evans could fall to 8. There’s more value in getting a guy like Evans who’s falling than moving up and taking Beckham at his peak. 

I would imagine Idzik recognizes that, and the discussions were along those lines but the Beckham name association was speculation or misdirection. And odds are Evans doesn’t fall anyway. But if I’m right here (and of course there’s a good chance I’m not, I’m just spewing my own thoughts), talking to teams in the top 10 in case Evans falls would be an intelligent move on Idzik’s part. Good to have those plans in place if guys unexpectedly fall. He’s also the only consensus top 10 pick they’ve brought in, which is a part of why this is my guess.

This team could still use improvement at QB, WR, OG, RT, OLB, 2 CBs, and a S.

How the eff can anyone argue we should be trading away picks just to move up to address one of those needs? Ludicrous!

I was watching two diffrent draft shows last night, one on ESPN and one on NFL network and the both said OBJ was going top ten and that he might be as good or better then Watkins.   I doubt it but there are always WR who surprise and ones that fail.  I am starting to think Evens is one of those that gonna fail.

I was watching two diffrent draft shows last night, one on ESPN and one on NFL network and the both said OBJ was going top ten and that he might be as good or better then Watkins.   I doubt it but there are always WR who surprise and ones that fail.  I am starting to think Evens is one of those that gonna fail.

ESPN and NFL Network. 

Their job at this time of year can be summed up with 1 word: guessing.

Wow. This Beckham thing being a Top 10 pick is taking a life of its own.

If a team is drafting a WR in the Top 10 he has to be a legit #1 WR. Beckham will never be a legit #1 WR. His upside at best would be a borderline #2 WR. Does not deserve a Top 10 pick. Does not deserve a Top 20 pick.

But i hope some team drafts him. ALlows one more better player to fall to the JETS.

Can you do the math on last years trade of Oaklands 3rd for Miami's 12th and 42nd overall pick and see how it holds up to the value chart.

Unfortunately this is not the Draft of 2013, this Draft is stacked at the top end and you won't move up that far for peanut this years. My retort is check how much Washington Paid to move up to get for RGIII.

Three first's and a 2nd to move up from 6th to 2nd, welcome to s similar draft year.

Unfortunately this is not the Draft of 2013, this Draft is stacked at the top end and you won't move up that far for peanut this years. My retort is check how much Washington Paid to move up to get for RGIII.

Three first's and a 2nd to move up from 6th to 2nd, welcome to s similar draft year.

There is a difference. RGIII trade happened ahead of the draft for a sure fire QB pick.

During the draft there always are teams that are more motivated to move down specially in a deep draft like this and the trade value chart goes out of the window.

Think QB needy teams like the Vikings might love to trade down and add another Top 90 pick because I dont think there might be QB prospects the could draft at #8 who would represent significant value at that spot. So they would be motivated to trade down and could still get the same QB pick lower down the order.

Archived