JN Star Wars Mafia - Day 1

Hallia

Oh it definitely is.  Character claims probably should have been disallowed.  I don't think I've ever been in a game where allowing them made the game better except perhaps Wrestle Mafia.

Clearly? I've never played in a game with safe claims why us it so clear in this one?

This is definitely the one thing that threw me off from the beginning, and it's part of why I don't have any intention of taking character claims to mean anything.  Them being allowed is very uncommon, so there's got to be something else going on there.  Based on what we've seen so far, there's definitely reason to believe that we're looking quite a unique mix of characters in this game, which means that even if the scum team is all Empire characters, there's probably a good chance for some high-profile Rebel characters to be available for fake claim purposes.  Not to mention, with character claims being allowed, I think that either the scum team would have to either have already known this, or not necessarily be Empire characters.  Otherwise, if it was so straight forward, as 80 said we could have tried to put this thing to bed right away with a mass claim and taking out the double-claims and desperately safe claims.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not that it really matters, but I just wanted to also make one correction.  I can assure you that despite what 80 (I think) said, there was not a single damn prequel character in either of my Star Wars mafia games.  The only thing close would have been those characters who were in both.  Hell, the second game had 27 freakin' people in it, and I still managed to stick to the original trilogy.

This is definitely the one thing that threw me off from the beginning, and it's part of why I don't have any intention of taking character claims to mean anything.  Them being allowed is very uncommon, 

Maybe here, but not in Dragonmount. The last 7-8 games I've played in on DM all had allowed character claims along with fake claims provided to the scum team. In the last game I played I even got a fake claim as a Cult Leader.

Seeing as Hallia is originally from DM, I believe that she would run games in that mindset. 

This is definitely the one thing that threw me off from the beginning, and it's part of why I don't have any intention of taking character claims to mean anything.  Them being allowed is very uncommon, so there's got to be something else going on there.  Based on what we've seen so far, there's definitely reason to believe that we're looking quite a unique mix of characters in this game, which means that even if the scum team is all Empire characters, there's probably a good chance for some high-profile Rebel characters to be available for fake claim purposes.  Not to mention, with character claims being allowed, I think that either the scum team would have to either have already known this, or not necessarily be Empire characters.  Otherwise, if it was so straight forward, as 80 said we could have tried to put this thing to bed right away with a mass claim and taking out the double-claims and desperately safe claims.

Welcome back Bleeding!!

TL:DR

Not that it really matters, but I just wanted to also make one correction.  I can assure you that despite what 80 (I think) said, there was not a single damn prequel character in either of my Star Wars mafia games.  The only thing close would have been those characters who were in both.  Hell, the second game had 27 freakin' people in it, and I still managed to stick to the original trilogy.

Thanks for the clarification.

Maybe here, but not in Dragonmount. The last 7-8 games I've played in on DM all had allowed character claims along with fake claims provided to the scum team. In the last game I played I even got a fake claim as a Cult Leader.

Seeing as Hallia is originally from DM, I believe that she would run games in that mindset. 

Oh ok, good to know.  Yeah, they're definitely very, very rare around here (or at least they were back when I was playing regularly).  In that case though, it would still seem to ultimately support the same conclusion that there's no reason to think character claims can be relied upon to give much info about someone's alignment.

In that case though, it would still seem to ultimately support the same conclusion that there's no reason to think character claims can be relied upon to give much info about someone's alignment.

Pretty much.

Though admittedly I couldn't help but wonder about the whole new/old trilogy being mixed. It also helps that I was fairly bored lol

@Arsis

Dude, you're in two active games on DM right now xD I'd advise editing your last post if there are people here who are in those games.

I've claimed /been viewed in both games.

In the doctor who game I claimed as survivor day 1 and not only didn't get lynched led a lynch on scum. It was great.

See, this makes sense and comed across as theorizing. Hallia is smart, character claims are allowed hence there has to be some mechanism to cover that. This is how town posts.

Avm on the other hand is like "lolfakeclaims" without any reason. Why is he so sure about it without any reasoning?

This is getting pathetic. Asshattery at an all-time high, ball cap producers rejoice.

I just the other day claimed you were going to get mod killed. So I think I noticed the first rule after that point, dontcha think?

Do I really have to spell that out or, as JiF would say, has the level of play fallen so far that once pre-K levels of understanding are now highly desirable.

FOS Arsis, maybe not as scum...definitely as dumb townie.

Forever alone </3

Nyn is town. Don't think think you would offer up the point you first brought up regarding which trilogy people were from if scum. Still haven't played much with you and only played a little bit of a game where you were scum, I think? But that's where I'd lean right now.

Nyn is town. Don't think think you would offer up the point you first brought up regarding which trilogy people were from if scum. Still haven't played much with you and only played a little bit of a game where you were scum, I think? But that's where I'd lean right now.

Fair enough.

I think we only played twice together.

F*ck it started raining and someone took out their umbrella.  I'm hiding at my desk till it goes away.

I think ECU will beat Central at Dowdy-Ficklen.

^^^Gets it

Fair enough.

I think we only played twice together.

I think we've played in two at DM plus the one here, but I'm not entirely sure (and doesn't really make a difference). Other than the huge 3-theme game and Star Wars over there I can't remember the other ones I've played anyways.

Side note: did I mention gunbrella man happened again at some west coast (I think?) school last week? I meant to mention it...may not have, idk.

Back to the game...I'm pretty excited to see what Crush has been working on down there.

Again, I reiterate crush and Leelou are scummy.

Lol dat OMGUS

Leelou is scummy because she claimed mace windou? That's the case? Go back to voting me.

[v]unvote [/v]

^Spoiled by DM

Ape dead yet?

I mean, Arsis.

Errrr, Verbal.

^This is town.

Cool story bro.  

^This is town.

My plan of action would be to lynch avm, investigate jc/80/jif in that order. Protect nyn because she seems to trying the most so that's a target. I'll watch someone you guys tell me to and we ride off into the sunset.

Rand is in this game? Add him to my investigate list after 80.

Wow, its not like I've been inactive lol. </3

See, this makes sense and comed across as theorizing. Hallia is smart, character claims are allowed hence there has to be some mechanism to cover that. This is how town posts.

Avm on the other hand is like "lolfakeclaims" without any reason. Why is he so sure about it without any reasoning?

With AVM on this one, do you need to be spoonfed, that's not that hard to reason out?

Arsis or Verbal

I feel like your Batman abilities just momentarily vanished.

Original > new every single day of every single year.

AVM vs. Leelou and Crusher doesn't have too many people taking sides, which makes me think its town v town and mafia are sitting aside and watching the fireworks burn or light up or whatever they do.

So that being said, I'm looking more at the people egging one side on without directly supporting the other, so pretty much,

vote 80

Archived