Could SF cut Stevie Johnson?

Sperm Edwards

Remember back when we were speculating about trading Ellis to the Niners for Alex Boone.  

We STILL have Kenrick Ellis to dangle.  They STILL need a big-body on their DL.

player for player swaps aren't as rare as some would have you believe (see: Mankins for Wright trade)

Ellis...Johnson.  Do it. 

That would be nice. Pretty sure Johnson is a giant pain in the ass, though.

Geno once got Holmes to have a 150+ yard day.  I think we can work something out.  Rather have a pain in the ass who can stretch the field and make a play than a saint like Stephen Hill who can't catch.

No way of knowing if it's  happening or not, and the detractors will say it's not, but I really hope the Jets are making a call to inquire.  No harm in asking if Johnson can be had at a reasonable price if he's not working out with Kap and they have other guys who are.

I dont think that will happen but I wouldnt call it impossible. SF usually carries these guys they make a mistake with and kind of make life miserable with them.  The one thing that would separate him from guys like Edwards, Jacobs, Manningham, etc...is that he makes more money and has $0 guaranteed this year. Id be happy to have him on the Jets though. They do take busts so give them Stephen Hill and call it even. 

I dont think that will happen but I wouldnt call it impossible. SF usually carries these guys they make a mistake with and kind of make life miserable with them.  The one thing that would separate him from guys like Edwards, Jacobs, Manningham, etc...is that he makes more money and has $0 guaranteed this year. Id be happy to have him on the Jets though. They do take busts so give them Stephen Hill and call it even. 

Well also the difference is they've got some work to do to stay under the cap next year, not that you'd know anything about that.

BTW, the site looks great. One of the best changes is the ability to make quick jumps from year to year now. Super job, Jason.

Well also the difference is they've got some work to do to stay under the cap next year, not that you'd know anything about that.

BTW, the site looks great. One of the best changes is the ability to make quick jumps from year to year now. Super job, Jason.

Thanks. Its still a bit of a work in progress and right now with all the transactions my head hurts but its still enjoyable to work on, though I rarely get to talk Jets anymore. The biggest issue is protecting the data which obviously I have not been successful with since thats really what drives the site ut we definitely have a lot of traction with various fan bases and media organizations. 

Archived