Tajh Boyd working out for Giants.

pointman

Boyd isn't better than Eli, but he probably is just as good which means he has more upside. Nassib however should be starting if the Giants look terrible again this week. 

They play the Cardinals, and several people are expecting them to get stomped out. lol. The Giants are going 3-13.

Boyd isn't better than Eli, but he probably is just as good which means he has more upside. Nassib however should be starting if the Giants look terrible again this week. 

News flash Gints.  He isn't better than Nassib, either.  Boyd is just plain awful.  Crummy QB's aspire to be career back-ups -- this is far beyond Boyd's reach.

News flash Gints.  He isn't better than Nassib, either.  Boyd is just plain awful.  Crummy QB's aspire to be career back-ups -- this is far beyond Boyd's reach.

I dont think that Boyd is better than Eli. I got to see Eli's career, Boyd is unproven. All I'm saying is that Eli looked terrible in the preseason and Nassib if I'm correct had 5 consecutive come-from-behind wins in the preseason and Nassib will eventually need a back up when he finally takes this job. That backup wont be Eli Manning, I highly doubt that. 

I dont think that Boyd is better than Eli. I got to see Eli's career, Boyd is unproven. All I'm saying is that Eli looked terrible in the preseason and Nassib if I'm correct had 5 consecutive come-from-behind wins in the preseason and Nassib will eventually need a back up when he finally takes this job. That backup wont be Eli Manning, I highly doubt that. 

Gots it.

I wonder why they don't atleast try someone like Pryor out, instead of checking in on Boyd.  Although I think it's pretty rare that we didn't even bother to bring him back to the PS, considering we stuck with Simms and he was absolutely garbage in college.    

I wonder why they don't atleast try someone like Pryor out, instead of checking in on Boyd.  Although I think it's pretty rare that we didn't even bother to bring him back to the PS, considering we stuck with Simms and he was absolutely garbage in college.    

simms has a better arm and can make the throws needed. Taj not so much from what I have seen but not college fan

simms has a better arm and can make the throws needed. Taj not so much from what I have seen but not college fan

And Simms knows the offense, can move up to backup in an emergency and provide something to the team. Simms was on the sideline last week can add some input. Boyd can't do any of these things.

Simms is clearly better right now, I don't think there is any doubt, but he was horrible when he came out.   Him busting was a big reason (with other factors) that led to the downfall of Tennessee in the SEC.  I think Tyler Bray took over for him, and that offense atleast started to be pretty good again.  Taj was highly productive, but also benefited from a gluttony of talent around him a spread offense.  I was just a bit surprised that they didn't atleast put him back on the PS and see if he would be developed because I don't think anyone really thought he was going to be ready this year.  

And Simms knows the offense, can move up to backup in an emergency and provide something to the team. Simms was on the sideline last week can add some input. Boyd can't do any of these things.

Right, Simms is clearly better right now, I was alluding more to the notion that Boyd seemed like a project, who was athletic.  His main problems are making reads, and arm angles that formed from a tendency to throw on the run and float balls.  I thought they would bring him back to the PS, and see if they could develop him under Geno as a PS squad player, and hopefully turn him into a backup in the future.  

Simms' college career doesn't seem to matter much to the Jets, as far as they're concerned he's an UDFA that they like as a backup.  He's not going to kvetch too much about being a backup because he came to the team unheralded,  He has a strong arm and the Jets just like what they have in him.

Archived